Wikiposts

Changed circumstances

Old Nov 16th 2006, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

jrhiggo9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Changed circumstances

Hi all
Anybody like to air a view?

I am a Dec 04 AOR SW PR, had a delay letter (Aug07) in July06.

In Sept 05 I took redundancy from my employer (relocation) and decided to have some time off - to update some of my IT skills

My wife and I visited Nova Scotia in March of 2006 having already visited BC twice. We fell in love with NS and bought a house. We subsequently sold up in the UK and came out here this summer (working on the basis that if we dont get PR, we would keep trying and would summer here anyway). I am lucky enough to have worked myself into a position where I don't have to work for a while and have not since leaving my last employer.

My dilemma....
Now that I will have to resubmit the forms and provide updates on my situation (when requested).. How do I word it? Will the fact that I have come to Canada prior to PR be seen as a positive or as a negative? Will the fact that I have not worked be a negative (I am in Nova Scotia so cant work!).
I don't plan to go back to work in the UK... I will leave that until I can work here ,which should see me out of work until Aug at the earliest by CIC reckoning .

Having already applied, can I look for work here and get a temp permit and will that hurt my application? I am in no hurry to work but if it could help

If anybody would like any info from me (having recently exported my worldly goods, bought a car, passed my driving test in NS etc etc), only too glad to help if I can.
Old Nov 17th 2006, 5:12 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changed circumstances

Originally Posted by jrhiggo9
Hi all
Anybody like to air a view?

I am a Dec 04 AOR SW PR, had a delay letter (Aug07) in July06.

In Sept 05 I took redundancy from my employer (relocation) and decided to have some time off - to update some of my IT skills

My wife and I visited Nova Scotia in March of 2006 having already visited BC twice. We fell in love with NS and bought a house. We subsequently sold up in the UK and came out here this summer (working on the basis that if we dont get PR, we would keep trying and would summer here anyway). I am lucky enough to have worked myself into a position where I don't have to work for a while and have not since leaving my last employer.

My dilemma....
Now that I will have to resubmit the forms and provide updates on my situation (when requested).. How do I word it? Will the fact that I have come to Canada prior to PR be seen as a positive or as a negative? Will the fact that I have not worked be a negative (I am in Nova Scotia so cant work!).
I don't plan to go back to work in the UK... I will leave that until I can work here ,which should see me out of work until Aug at the earliest by CIC reckoning .

Having already applied, can I look for work here and get a temp permit and will that hurt my application? I am in no hurry to work but if it could help

If anybody would like any info from me (having recently exported my worldly goods, bought a car, passed my driving test in NS etc etc), only too glad to help if I can.
You should contact the NOva Scotia government's PNP department and discuss your situation wtih them. You will have to leave to get a work permit though.
Old Nov 17th 2006, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

jrhiggo9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
You should contact the NOva Scotia government's PNP department and discuss your situation wtih them. You will have to leave to get a work permit though.
Hi Jim, Thanks for responding.
Is their any point talking to NS gov re PNP while my normal federal application is still progressing (and should be due for processing in a couple (or six) months)?
Old Nov 17th 2006, 9:25 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jrhiggo9
Hi Jim, Thanks for responding.
Is their any point talking to NS gov re PNP while my normal federal application is still progressing (and should be due for processing in a couple (or six) months)?
Not if its that close.