Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Change NOC classification on Application

Wikiposts

Change NOC classification on Application

Old Jan 12th 2009, 8:03 am
Just Joined

eddieb7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Change NOC classification on Application

Hi All,

I have a question, which I probably already know the answer, but thought I would ask just in case there was a little bit of hope.

I applied through the Federal Skilled Class back in Aug 2007 under NOC Classification 2173 - Software Engineer. But since then my Job Title changed to IT Manager which I have been doing since Sept 2007. My new Job Title would allow me to apply under NOC Classsifcation 0213 - Computer and Information Systems Managers, which is on the 38 Most Wanted List.

So my question is:- Is there any way for me to change my application, which could possibly move me into the fast track lane, or do I still need to wait until I am contacted by the CIC.

Thanks in advanced
Eddie
Old Jan 12th 2009, 10:49 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change NOC classification on Application

Originally Posted by eddieb7
Hi All,

I have a question, which I probably already know the answer, but thought I would ask just in case there was a little bit of hope.

I applied through the Federal Skilled Class back in Aug 2007 under NOC Classification 2173 - Software Engineer. But since then my Job Title changed to IT Manager which I have been doing since Sept 2007. My new Job Title would allow me to apply under NOC Classsifcation 0213 - Computer and Information Systems Managers, which is on the 38 Most Wanted List.

So my question is:- Is there any way for me to change my application, which could possibly move me into the fast track lane, or do I still need to wait until I am contacted by the CIC.

Thanks in advanced
Eddie
Tried doing that a few weeks ago by writing to CIC but received a reply yesterday that once an application is submitted, NOC codes cant be changed.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:57 pm
passport photo

Hammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by eddieb7
If I was you, I would withdraw and then re-apply using new NOC code, I received my 120 day letter after only 4 months.
Old Jan 13th 2009, 1:28 am
Just Joined

eddieb7 is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought that would be the case.

Unfortunately I am passed the point were I would get my app fees refunded
to allow me to cancel and re-apply.

So, guess I'll just need to wait....