Change of name Deed Poll question

Old Dec 7th 2009, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

Pudseytwo is on a distinguished road
Default deed poll

Making a right old mess of this, please see query below !

Last edited by Pudseytwo; Dec 7th 2009 at 6:17 am. Reason: Posted on wrong forum and not sure how to delete ?
Old Dec 7th 2009, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

Default Change of name Deed Poll question

Hi there,

We have two weeks left from our 120 days to finish getting information together after something that came up and threw us right off course.

We have sorted that out, however I have a query regarding the identity and civil status documents section.

It asks for birth, marriage,final divorce, annulment or separation certificates.

I was going to put a copy of my change of name by deed poll certificate, however I cannot find the original copy ?!?!?!?

Should I bother ? it actually doesn't ask for it and the solicitors that dealt with it have now closed (it was from 1993).

Has anyone out there been in a similar situation ? If so what did you do ?

Many thanks
Old Dec 7th 2009, 6:13 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: deed poll

Originally Posted by Pudseytwo
Sorry posted on wrong forum and can't find where to delete ?
Actually, you posted on the right forum...I think, maybe....

Anyway, lets leave it here for now..there is a link here from the other forum now anyway.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Change of name Deed Poll question

Sorry posted on wrong forum and can't find where to delete ?
Thanks !

I tried to delete it on the general forum but seem to be making quite a mess of it

Sorry
Old Dec 7th 2009, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

chanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond reputechanceUK has a reputation beyond repute

i sent a photocopy of my name change document. I'm still waiting for a verdict on my application, however.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
If you know the area where your solicitor worked....contact any other solicitor in the same area to find out how to get a copy........I think you are going to need it. You have to prove your identity by Birth Cert and change of name either by deed poll or marriage which takes you to your current name.
ie.,
Born SMITH
Change of name by Deed Poll to WHITE
Marriage Cert from WHITE to GREEN
Divorce doc from GREEN
2nd Marriage Cert from GREEN to SHAW

They need to see how you got to your current name, and I know that when you do your Police Certs, that you will be checked under ALL the names you have been known as.
Hope this helps.
If your deadline is looking tight, send in all the other docs and a covering letter saying deed poll applied for and to follow....or.....ask for an extension.
Stef

Hi there,

We have two weeks left from our 120 days to finish getting information together after something that came up and threw us right off course.

We have sorted that out, however I have a query regarding the identity and civil status documents section.

It asks for birth, marriage,final divorce, annulment or separation certificates.

I was going to put a copy of my change of name by deed poll certificate, however I cannot find the original copy ?!?!?!?

Should I bother ? it actually doesn't ask for it and the solicitors that dealt with it have now closed (it was from 1993).

Many thanks
Old Dec 7th 2009, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

My name hasn't actually changed that much ?!?!? lol

I was for example - Jane Tracey Smith

then changed it when I got married to - Jane Jones-Smith

Then got fed up with being double barreled and changed it back to

Jane Smith

So I've always been Jane Smith just kept changing the middle bit ! lol

Regards
Old Dec 7th 2009, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Sorry...I was just giving examples, but I think the rules will still apply.
Good luck with it all
lol
Stef

Hi,

My name hasn't actually changed that much ?!?!? lol

I was for example - Jane Tracey Smith

then changed it when I got married to - Jane Jones-Smith

Then got fed up with being double barreled and changed it back to

Jane Smith

So I've always been Jane Smith just kept changing the middle bit ! lol

Regards
Old Dec 7th 2009, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Hi again,

I can see where you are coming from, I want to send more information rather than less, however my Husband has a different take on it. He says send them what they ask for and if they want something they will ask !
I can see both points to the predicament.
I actually have a certified copy of the original, but don't want to lose that one in case I need it for something else
I'm not sure if you actually get everything back at the end or not ?
I presume they keep everything on file ?
This is the problem when they don't want you to contact them under almost any circumstances, you can't just drop them an e-mail and get a swift reply
This is where this forum comes into its own

Thanks again, I will get my Sherlock Holmes hat on tomorrow and see what I can come up with.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi
You only need to send photocopies...that is all we sent except for the original employers letter and Police Certs. You can let them ask for it....but it would be another delay......which I think nobody really wants once the process is under way
Good luck 'Sherlock' But you should just be able to photocopy your certified copy.
lol
Stef

Hi again,

I can see where you are coming from, I want to send more information rather than less, however my Husband has a different take on it. He says send them what they ask for and if they want something they will ask !
I can see both points to the predicament.
I actually have a certified copy of the original, but don't want to lose that one in case I need it for something else
I'm not sure if you actually get everything back at the end or not ?
I presume they keep everything on file ?
This is the problem when they don't want you to contact them under almost any circumstances, you can't just drop them an e-mail and get a swift reply
This is where this forum comes into its own

Thanks again, I will get my Sherlock Holmes hat on tomorrow and see what I can come up with.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 12:15 am
BE gremlin

T-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of lightT-Pot is a glorious beacon of light

I had this trouble. My Mum changed my surname after she dumped my Dad - I was 2 at the time and after various moves the certificate was long lost. all I did was go to a local Solocitor and did it again, it was really quick and easy - I think it took about 20 minutes (I then got married about 6 months later........)
Old Dec 9th 2009, 1:09 am
happy daisy

spankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud of

Hi there,

Many thanks
i did mine on the deed poll web site - no solicitors involved and you can request the number of certified copies you want with that. i'll be sending one when they request all our docs.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Poppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond reputePoppit has a reputation beyond repute

I had to change my name by deed poll when CIC noticed that my birth certificate had a spelling error on it. I have used the spelling 'Karen' for 49 years, however, my birth certificate was typed and was spelt 'Karon'. It was only a single letter, but it still had to be done before they would continue processing our application. I also did my name change online and by paying for 'Special Delivery' each time, received my certificate within 5 days.

Obviously it's up to you and your husband what you do, but it is highly likely that your application will be delayed unless you provide everything they need.

Goodluck

Poppit
Old Dec 16th 2009, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

Binty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really nice

Hi there,

Many thanks

Hi,

My other half had his name changed by Deed Poll when he was a young child. He decided to revert back to his birth name a few years ago (before our application for PR was made). We had to send a certified copy of his Deed Poll cert as instructed by our agents.

Hope this helps

Binty