Wikiposts

Change Of Name

Old Apr 12th 2007, 1:34 am
Just Joined

elsiepeters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Change Of Name

Hello all,
My PR visa was issued in the name in my passport which is my first name and surname.
I actually prefer to use my middle name and wonder if anyone can provide advice about how to go about ensuring that this is included in any further official documents i get from the CIC, including my PR card.
I actually contacted CIC London before the visa was issued but received an email response advising that it would be issued with just the name passport.
Any advice appreciated.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 2:55 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change Of Name

Originally Posted by elsiepeters
Hello all,
My PR visa was issued in the name in my passport which is my first name and surname.
I actually prefer to use my middle name and wonder if anyone can provide advice about how to go about ensuring that this is included in any further official documents i get from the CIC, including my PR card.
I actually contacted CIC London before the visa was issued but received an email response advising that it would be issued with just the name passport.
Any advice appreciated.
I don't have any experience of this situation, but I would be very surprised if they accommodated your request.

I don't really know why you're worrying about it, because you will have very little occasion to use your PR card in everyday life anyway.

When you type up your resume (Canadian version of CV), use the name that you prefer. When you start a job, introduce yourself according to your preferred name. It's the situations in which your name is used frequently that are more important, I would have thought.