Wikiposts

Change of circumstances on LMO

Old Jun 19th 2008, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

allicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant future
Default Change of circumstances on LMO

Hi guys

If my OH takes a job he has been offered with LMO that will not get him PNP and PR can I then get a Job when we get there with LMO and will to allow him to quit his job and get a spousal open work permit.

Thanks in advance Alli
Old Jun 19th 2008, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

vickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud ofvickysteve has much to be proud of
Default Re: Change of circumstances on LMO

Hi
Your idea may not work because your oh will be the only one aloud to work, you may not get a work permit for 6 mounths ( if you havent got one already). Why wont his job lead to pr once you are in canada you can apply for pr.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 11:32 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

He could always look for another job that will allow him to get PNP or PR once he is out there. We did!
Old Jun 19th 2008, 11:46 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by allicat001
Hi guys

If my OH takes a job he has been offered with LMO that will not get him PNP and PR can I then get a Job when we get there with LMO and will to allow him to quit his job and get a spousal open work permit.

Thanks in advance Alli
Standard work permit (not the open one) is tied to employer who made the job offer and obtained positive LMO. If person wants to change job then new employer must go through the same LMO process first and once positive LMO is granted person can apply for change of conditions and have new permit issued.