Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Change of Address - Confusion with frequent moving job- Please help

Change of Address - Confusion with frequent moving job- Please help

Old Feb 5th 2006, 6:29 am
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 3
canadian_pr_aspirant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Change of Address - Confusion with frequent moving job- Please help

Hi,

I have applied for PR under SW class with CIC Buffalo. I have received my AOR in Aug'05.

Now, I am planning to change job and this new offer would call for frequent travel from one place to another within US. With this, I may have to change my residence frequently.

A.Not sure what to do in situtation like this - whether to change address every time I move and update that with CIC

OR

Give my cousin's permanent address in US as the new mailing address with CIC till my PR application reaches the end state.

B.Will there be any impacts by giving my cousin's address during the "Background/Security check" as I will not be residing at my cousin's address. Does CIC expect applicants to reside at the mailing address submitted with them.

C.Should I explain this situation to CIC or can I just fax/mail the address change without any explanation of this sort.

D.Is there a standard format/form for sending address change to Buffalo or can we use the address change option available in the AOR copy itself.

Appreciate your guidance and inputs on this. Thanks very much in advance.

Thanks
canadian_pr_aspirant is offline  
Old Feb 5th 2006, 7:57 am
  #2  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 476
Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all
Default Re: Change of Address - Confusion with frequent moving job- Please help

you must give CHC office your updated residence address everytime you change it, but you can at the same time choose any address as a mailing address provided that you mention it when you write your change of address letter that you mailing address is so and so

Originally Posted by canadian_pr_aspirant
Hi,

I have applied for PR under SW class with CIC Buffalo. I have received my AOR in Aug'05.

Now, I am planning to change job and this new offer would call for frequent travel from one place to another within US. With this, I may have to change my residence frequently.

A.Not sure what to do in situtation like this - whether to change address every time I move and update that with CIC

OR

Give my cousin's permanent address in US as the new mailing address with CIC till my PR application reaches the end state.

B.Will there be any impacts by giving my cousin's address during the "Background/Security check" as I will not be residing at my cousin's address. Does CIC expect applicants to reside at the mailing address submitted with them.

C.Should I explain this situation to CIC or can I just fax/mail the address change without any explanation of this sort.

D.Is there a standard format/form for sending address change to Buffalo or can we use the address change option available in the AOR copy itself.

Appreciate your guidance and inputs on this. Thanks very much in advance.

Thanks
Ibraheem is offline  
Old Feb 5th 2006, 3:46 pm
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 3
canadian_pr_aspirant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Change of Address - Confusion with frequent moving job- Please help

Thanks very much Ibraheem.

Does it mean that we have to keep updating CIC with our current residence address every time we make a move (let's say every month or so and we could even stay in extended stay - is this really needed) even if we have given a permanent mailing address in USA.

Not sure how to communicate this as I see that AOR letter only talks about change of address -"mailing address". Does CIC keep track of both "mailing" and "residential" address of the applicant. For eg. eClient lists only one address. Not sure If I misunderstood this. Can you please elaborate on this.

Thanks very much for all the help.
canadian_pr_aspirant is offline  
Old Feb 5th 2006, 11:53 pm
  #4  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 476
Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all
Default Re: Change of Address - Confusion with frequent moving job- Please help

Originally Posted by canadian_pr_aspirant
Thanks very much Ibraheem.

Does it mean that we have to keep updating CIC with our current residence address every time we make a move (let's say every month or so and we could even stay in extended stay - is this really needed) even if we have given a permanent mailing address in USA

yes it is needed, CHC needs to know your residence address even if you change it every month.

Not sure how to communicate this as I see that AOR letter only talks about change of address -"mailing address". Does CIC keep track of both "mailing" and "residential" address of the applicant. For eg. eClient lists only one address. Not sure If I misunderstood this. Can you please elaborate on this.

Whenever you change address simply send them a letter (by fax or post) including your full name, file number and date of birth, and informing them that you have changed your residence address to so and so and you want to keep your mailing address the same as so and so, this is what I have done so far, I have changed my address 4 times in the past 18 months and it seems to work fine, I even saw it on my CAIPS that they updated my residence address and kept my mailing address.

Thanks very much for all the help.
find answers in the text
Ibraheem is offline  
Old Feb 7th 2006, 4:51 am
  #5  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 3
canadian_pr_aspirant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Change of Address - Confusion with frequent moving job- Please help

Originally Posted by Ibraheem
find answers in the text
Hi Ibraheem,

Thanks very much.

I am in India now on a month's visit to take care of few personal things. I had to vacate my residence urgently before leaving USA. (Currently in CIC file, my residence and mailing address are the same and it refers to the address I vacated in US).

When I return in March, I will be working out of a different state/diff. resid. address. In that case, since there is only a month left can I just update CIC about the change in mailing address with my cousin's permanent address in US.

Is it mandatory to give the Contact Phone # "US phone" (specified in the address change request format in AOR)? As I do not have a US phone at this time and I am planning to give only the mailing address. Is this fine?

Is it really needed to tell CIC about change in country of residence as it only for a month. Can I just update the mailing address for the time being and update CIC with the contact # and the residence address after I come back to US. Would it create problem if I "fax/or mail CIC from India" on the address change?

Please help me on this.

Thanks once again for all the help.
canadian_pr_aspirant is offline  
Old Feb 7th 2006, 11:48 pm
  #6  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 476
Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all
Default Re: Change of Address - Confusion with frequent moving job- Please help

you must inform CHC of any change of permanent address no matter how long are you intending to stay, but you don't have to inform them about any visits you do either abroad or not.

Originally Posted by canadian_pr_aspirant
Hi Ibraheem,

Thanks very much.

I am in India now on a month's visit to take care of few personal things. I had to vacate my residence urgently before leaving USA. (Currently in CIC file, my residence and mailing address are the same and it refers to the address I vacated in US).

When I return in March, I will be working out of a different state/diff. resid. address. In that case, since there is only a month left can I just update CIC about the change in mailing address with my cousin's permanent address in US.

Is it mandatory to give the Contact Phone # "US phone" (specified in the address change request format in AOR)? As I do not have a US phone at this time and I am planning to give only the mailing address. Is this fine?

Is it really needed to tell CIC about change in country of residence as it only for a month. Can I just update the mailing address for the time being and update CIC with the contact # and the residence address after I come back to US. Would it create problem if I "fax/or mail CIC from India" on the address change?

Please help me on this.

Thanks once again for all the help.
Ibraheem is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.