mardadi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Change Of address and CAIPS

Hello,

This is my timeline.
1. Application sent = Mar 2003
2. AIR : May 2003
3. Initial ASsessment : MAy 7 2004 , Interview required at detriot
waiting for interview date ....

My question is regarding address change at this point. I am using a lawyer in canada and she is giving me trouble. I have to push the lawyer to do anything at all and she says she will "try" to call me back (either her fax, long distance or something is not working). the firm just sitting on my money and laughin at me. THe lawyer in canada initially promised a refund if the case does not go through and now has no recollection of saying so.

It is to my folly that I did not take it in writing and assumed they were honest and put customers first in good faith. Now I am tired of dealing with my lawyer and asking her questions when she is supposed to advise me. I am not one of those people who calls everyday to find the status. I am patient but this lawyers attitude has made me concerned.

I want to change the primary address on my application and receive all further documentation directly to my US address from this point. THe CHC said my file is being transferred to detroit at this point. How do I go about doing this. I tried the E-client system but it doesnt work even though I enter the file number.

Also , has anyone got their CAIPS file? which service did you use and who is reliable or can i do this myself. I rather do these things myself if i can due to the bad experience with my lawyer.

THanks in advance
Old Jun 11th 2004, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

vajra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Change Of address and CAIPS

Check the Detroit embassy website they have list of file number scheduled for interview and those waiting to be assigned a date.
http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/can-am/...cat=1130&typ=1

Originally posted by mardadi
Hello,

This is my timeline.

My question is regarding address change at this point. I am using a lawyer in canada and she is giving me trouble. I have to push the lawyer to do anything at all and she says she will "try" to call me back (either her fax, long distance or something is not working). the firm just sitting on my money and laughin at me. THe lawyer in canada initially promised a refund if the case does not go through and now has no recollection of saying so.

It is to my folly that I did not take it in writing and assumed they were honest and put customers first in good faith. Now I am tired of dealing with my lawyer and asking her questions when she is supposed to advise me. I am not one of those people who calls everyday to find the status. I am patient but this lawyers attitude has made me concerned.

I want to change the primary address on my application and receive all further documentation directly to my US address from this point. THe CHC said my file is being transferred to detroit at this point. How do I go about doing this. I tried the E-client system but it doesnt work even though I enter the file number.

Also , has anyone got their CAIPS file? which service did you use and who is reliable or can i do this myself. I rather do these things myself if i can due to the bad experience with my lawyer.

THanks in advance
Old Jun 11th 2004, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

amina is an unknown quantity at this point

hi vajra,
I just want to know if other Canadian Embassy Offices, say in Manila, have also posted on their website the list of applicants bound to be interviewed.

Thanks

Originally posted by vajra
Check the Detroit embassy website they have list of file number scheduled for interview and those waiting to be assigned a date.
http://www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca/can-am/...cat=1130&typ=1
Old Jun 20th 2004, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

canhelper is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mardadi
Hello,

This is my timeline.

THanks in advance
you may be able to obtain the CAIPS file yourself if you meet some conditions. there are a few sites that offer this service, try http://www.caipsnotes.com or another one is caips.ca

good luck