Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Change of 38 High Demand Occupations List

Change of 38 High Demand Occupations List

Old Jan 26th 2010, 10:44 pm
Banned

HasanJamil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Change of 38 High Demand Occupations List

Dear All,

I want to know when will 38 High Demand Occupations List will be changed.I have heard that some professions in this list will be removed soon.

cheers,
Hasan Jamil
Old Jan 26th 2010, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

zednought will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Change of 38 High Demand Occupations List

You shouldn't listen to rumours. Nobody knows when this "list" will be changed. I could of course speculate wildly. But that would just start another rumour.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

markbev is an unknown quantity at this point

The best advise regarding the list I was given is :-
If you are on the list now and are in a position to start the application then do so.
The list could change at any time and I doubt that any prior notice will be given as this would lead to them being swamped with applicants for the noc codes that they have deemed to be no longer required.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 4:29 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

If your on the list ' get forward '

regards
Joinerboy
Old Jan 27th 2010, 8:59 am
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markbev
The best advise regarding the list I was given is :-
If you are on the list now and are in a position to start the application then do so.
The list could change at any time and I doubt that any prior notice will be given as this would lead to them being swamped with applicants for the noc codes that they have deemed to be no longer required.
I agree. Whilst I have no idea when the list will change what I do know is that generally no warning is usually given. When the list was first introduced (Nov 2008) it was released with immediate effect. So if you're on it now then put an application in. Even from the time you gain PR status you can still live outside Canada for 3 years without losing your status so it's always possible to put the move off if you feel you arent ready.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

chriskatie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Paul Wildy
I agree. Whilst I have no idea when the list will change what I do know is that generally no warning is usually given. When the list was first introduced (Nov 2008) it was released with immediate effect. So if you're on it now then put an application in. Even from the time you gain PR status you can still live outside Canada for 3 years without losing your status so it's always possible to put the move off if you feel you arent ready.

How does that work exactly? Am i right in thinking you need to 'land' within 12 months of obtaining PR but can then return to the UK to carry on working until you are ready to move over permanently, as long as that is within 3 years.

I am on 'The List' but with our daughter set to complete her GCSE's in 18 months and the current state of property market its not quite the right time for us yet.

Chris
Old Jan 28th 2010, 12:50 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chriskatie
How does that work exactly? Am i right in thinking you need to 'land' within 12 months of obtaining PR but can then return to the UK to carry on working until you are ready to move over permanently, as long as that is within 3 years.

I am on 'The List' but with our daughter set to complete her GCSE's in 18 months and the current state of property market its not quite the right time for us yet.

Chris

You need to be in Canada for 2yrs out 5yrs to maintain your PR and the clock starts on your landing .
Plus you have upto 12m to land following the date of your meds, so nearly 4 yrs from your medical if you needed it
Old Jan 28th 2010, 1:11 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Chris
You're correct apart from the 12 months bit. It's within 12 months of completing your medicals.

Also, in theory, moving over on the 3rd year anniversary will mean you cannot leave the country for 2 years to make up the required time.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

chriskatie is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies guys. That would certainly give us a bit more flexibility.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 4:04 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
I had also heard that if your occupation is on the list when you submit your application....it does not then matter if the list changes and your occupation is no longer on it, as it was the list at the time you put the application in....so I would get a move on if I were you, if you are on the list...if you dont, you could then be ineligible when it changes. Does this make sense?
Hope this helps
lol
Stef

Thanks for the replies guys. That would certainly give us a bit more flexibility.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 8:16 am
Immigration Consultant

Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lins and Stef McLachlan
Hi
I had also heard that if your occupation is on the list when you submit your application....it does not then matter if the list changes and your occupation is no longer on it, as it was the list at the time you put the application in....so I would get a move on if I were you, if you are on the list...if you dont, you could then be ineligible when it changes. Does this make sense?
Hope this helps
lol
Stef
Exactly. Once the application is stamped as received you are normally safe from any changes to the rules after that date.