Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Change of 38 High Demand Occupations List

Change of 38 High Demand Occupations List

Old Jan 26th 2010, 10:44 pm
  #1  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 14
HasanJamil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Change of 38 High Demand Occupations List

Dear All,



I want to know when will 38 High Demand Occupations List will be changed.I have heard that some professions in this list will be removed soon.



cheers,
Hasan Jamil
HasanJamil is offline  
Old Jan 26th 2010, 10:58 pm
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
zednought's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: South of heaven, west of hell
Posts: 127
zednought will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Change of 38 High Demand Occupations List

You shouldn't listen to rumours. Nobody knows when this "list" will be changed. I could of course speculate wildly. But that would just start another rumour.
zednought is offline  
Old Jan 26th 2010, 11:38 pm
  #3  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Blackpool for now, Ontario calling!!
Posts: 33
markbev is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Change of 38 High Demand Occupations List

The best advise regarding the list I was given is :-
If you are on the list now and are in a position to start the application then do so.
The list could change at any time and I doubt that any prior notice will be given as this would lead to them being swamped with applicants for the noc codes that they have deemed to be no longer required.
markbev is offline  
Old Jan 27th 2010, 4:29 am
  #4  
BE Forum Addict
 
joinerboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Rural AB
Posts: 1,209
joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change of 38 High Demand Occupations List

If your on the list ' get forward '

regards
Joinerboy
joinerboy is offline  
Old Jan 27th 2010, 8:59 am
  #5  
Immigration Consultant
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 2,144
Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change of 38 High Demand Occupations List

Originally Posted by markbev
The best advise regarding the list I was given is :-
If you are on the list now and are in a position to start the application then do so.
The list could change at any time and I doubt that any prior notice will be given as this would lead to them being swamped with applicants for the noc codes that they have deemed to be no longer required.
I agree. Whilst I have no idea when the list will change what I do know is that generally no warning is usually given. When the list was first introduced (Nov 2008) it was released with immediate effect. So if you're on it now then put an application in. Even from the time you gain PR status you can still live outside Canada for 3 years without losing your status so it's always possible to put the move off if you feel you arent ready.
Paul Wildy is offline  
Old Jan 28th 2010, 12:23 am
  #6  
Forum Regular
 
chriskatie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Misterton, Notts
Posts: 95
chriskatie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Change of 38 High Demand Occupations List

Originally Posted by Paul Wildy
I agree. Whilst I have no idea when the list will change what I do know is that generally no warning is usually given. When the list was first introduced (Nov 2008) it was released with immediate effect. So if you're on it now then put an application in. Even from the time you gain PR status you can still live outside Canada for 3 years without losing your status so it's always possible to put the move off if you feel you arent ready.

How does that work exactly? Am i right in thinking you need to 'land' within 12 months of obtaining PR but can then return to the UK to carry on working until you are ready to move over permanently, as long as that is within 3 years.

I am on 'The List' but with our daughter set to complete her GCSE's in 18 months and the current state of property market its not quite the right time for us yet.

Chris
chriskatie is offline  
Old Jan 28th 2010, 12:50 am
  #7  
BE Forum Addict
 
joinerboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Rural AB
Posts: 1,209
joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change of 38 High Demand Occupations List

Originally Posted by chriskatie
How does that work exactly? Am i right in thinking you need to 'land' within 12 months of obtaining PR but can then return to the UK to carry on working until you are ready to move over permanently, as long as that is within 3 years.

I am on 'The List' but with our daughter set to complete her GCSE's in 18 months and the current state of property market its not quite the right time for us yet.

Chris

You need to be in Canada for 2yrs out 5yrs to maintain your PR and the clock starts on your landing .
Plus you have upto 12m to land following the date of your meds, so nearly 4 yrs from your medical if you needed it
joinerboy is offline  
Old Jan 28th 2010, 1:11 am
  #8  
Beep
 
el_richo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Here
Posts: 8,311
el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change of 38 High Demand Occupations List

Originally Posted by chriskatie
How does that work exactly? Am i right in thinking you need to 'land' within 12 months of obtaining PR but can then return to the UK to carry on working until you are ready to move over permanently, as long as that is within 3 years.

I am on 'The List' but with our daughter set to complete her GCSE's in 18 months and the current state of property market its not quite the right time for us yet.

Chris
You're correct apart from the 12 months bit. It's within 12 months of completing your medicals.

Also, in theory, moving over on the 3rd year anniversary will mean you cannot leave the country for 2 years to make up the required time.
el_richo is offline  
Old Jan 28th 2010, 3:32 am
  #9  
Forum Regular
 
chriskatie's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Misterton, Notts
Posts: 95
chriskatie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Change of 38 High Demand Occupations List

Thanks for the replies guys. That would certainly give us a bit more flexibility.
chriskatie is offline  
Old Jan 28th 2010, 4:04 am
  #10  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,533
lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change of 38 High Demand Occupations List

Hi
I had also heard that if your occupation is on the list when you submit your application....it does not then matter if the list changes and your occupation is no longer on it, as it was the list at the time you put the application in....so I would get a move on if I were you, if you are on the list...if you dont, you could then be ineligible when it changes. Does this make sense?
Hope this helps
lol
Stef


Originally Posted by chriskatie
Thanks for the replies guys. That would certainly give us a bit more flexibility.
lins and Stef McLachlan is offline  
Old Jan 28th 2010, 8:16 am
  #11  
Immigration Consultant
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 2,144
Paul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond reputePaul Wildy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change of 38 High Demand Occupations List

Originally Posted by lins and Stef McLachlan
Hi
I had also heard that if your occupation is on the list when you submit your application....it does not then matter if the list changes and your occupation is no longer on it, as it was the list at the time you put the application in....so I would get a move on if I were you, if you are on the list...if you dont, you could then be ineligible when it changes. Does this make sense?
Hope this helps
lol
Stef
Exactly. Once the application is stamped as received you are normally safe from any changes to the rules after that date.
Paul Wildy is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.