The Chancey's are off!!!

Old Nov 18th 2007, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Chancey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Chancey's are off!!!

Evening All,

Well the time has come for us, all of our belongings are being packed up tomorrow and soon on their way to Canada. We have booked our flights for the 31st January, thought we would have Christmas with family and friends. Don't know how tomorrow will go, I have got a couple of days off with OH to keep an eye on things, we are having a 20ft container... should easily fill it with all the new things I keep buying (OH not happy )

Need tips on what we have to do when we land, once through customs do we have to register anywhere.... what about the SIN card, any ideas how we obtain this.

Please feel free to throw as much advice at us as possible.

Thanks
The very nervous Chancey's
Old Nov 18th 2007, 8:20 pm
Banned

Surrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond reputeSurrey Expat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Chancey's are off!!!

Originally Posted by Chancey
Evening All,

Well the time has come for us, all of our belongings are being packed up tomorrow and soon on their way to Canada. We have booked our flights for the 31st January, thought we would have Christmas with family and friends. Don't know how tomorrow will go, I have got a couple of days off with OH to keep an eye on things, we are having a 20ft container... should easily fill it with all the new things I keep buying (OH not happy )

Need tips on what we have to do when we land, once through customs do we have to register anywhere.... what about the SIN card, any ideas how we obtain this.

Thanks
Go to the nearest Service Canada office and they'll sort you out with all you need to know.

Very helpful in our experience.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 8:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Evening All,

Thanks
Good luck with your packing tomorrow, would be interested to know how much
you get packed in we are debating the whole do we take it with us, will it get there okay ? enjoy your christmas here, def a white one next year,

all the best sue
Old Nov 18th 2007, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

Chancey is an unknown quantity at this point

Its a white one here tonight, we have a couple of inches of snow outside, the boys were out playing in it earlier... hope my container still comes
Annette
Old Nov 18th 2007, 9:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Its a white one here tonight, we have a couple of inches of snow outside, the boys were out playing in it earlier... hope my container still comes
Annette
I didn't realise it had snowed there my parents are in the midlands, wow lucky you, if it was canada you would be sure it would come, hope all goes well

sue
Old Nov 18th 2007, 9:15 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Evening All,

Thanks
When we landed at the airport in Canada (Toronto) and passed through immigration, we were directed to a Service Canada desk who then give you a welcome pack containing all the info you require.

Enjoy your last Christmas in the UK