Certified documents spousal

Old May 12th 2012, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

JakeCanada is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Certified documents spousal

Hi Guys,

I am applying for spousal and have just been told that i will need to get docs certified.

Which documents do you suggest I get certified?

I am attaching my bills and I have like 100 of them do I need to certify all them?

Thanks Jake.
Old May 12th 2012, 3:45 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certified documents spousal

Originally Posted by JakeCanada
Hi Guys,

I am applying for spousal and have just been told that i will need to get docs certified.

Which documents do you suggest I get certified?

I am attaching my bills and I have like 100 of them do I need to certify all them?

Thanks Jake.
Marriage or common law? The former we had nothing certified.
Old May 12th 2012, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

JakeCanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by el_richo
Marriage or common law? The former we had nothing certified.

Marriage one.
Old May 12th 2012, 9:26 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JakeCanada
Marriage one.
Then unless anything has changed, the only thing we had signed was a few of our photos.
Old May 13th 2012, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

Deficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura aboutDeficient has a spectacular aura about

The only actual mention of a requirement for certified copies in the spousal application guide is in reference to copies of original documents that are translated. I think the confusion arises because right after that there is a section dealing with how to certify photocopies. But it doesn't actually say that photocopies generally have to be certified, it basically just says... if a photocopy is being certified, here is how to do it.

I submitted my application without any of my photocopies being certified. I'm going to feel pretty silly if they bounce it back to me asking for certified copies, but I am pretty sure that it's not a requirement, at least for spousal applications.

I suggest being mindful of the fact that the advice some (well-meaning) people give on the internet can sometimes be flat out wrong (this goes for everything I write here too naturally). People certainly know how to make you panic and stress about things that are really quite straightforward. A number of times I've read people writing about things that are in the instructions that plainly aren't there.

But it's up to you what you want to do to feel comfortable that your application wont be held up with needless delays, although the time spent certifying documents that might not have needed it might cause you some delay too. I guess you have to weigh that up.

Last edited by Deficient; May 13th 2012 at 7:36 am.