CEC timeline

Old Apr 3rd 2015, 12:26 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CEC timeline

Originally Posted by scootb
Itsa,I know,but next Friday is my youngest daughters 7th birthday(they get older fast) and we didn't really want to spend her birthday flagpoling lol.
We found flagpoling last Friday was pretty painless, friendly CBSA officer and done and dusted in 15 minutes
Old Apr 3rd 2015, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

scootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
We found flagpoling last Friday was pretty painless, friendly CBSA officer and done and dusted in 15 minutes
Good stuff Mikey,now you get to sit back and relax lol,I know I'll have to go to service Canada for new SIN,the bank to tell them I'm PR,registry office and update the Alberta healthcare cards,and my Driving license,then I can send off the child tax benefit forms as well lol.

At least the big wait is out of the way now.
Old Apr 3rd 2015, 1:28 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Good stuff Mikey,now you get to sit back and relax lol,I know I'll have to go to service Canada for new SIN,the bank to tell them I'm PR,registry office and update the Alberta healthcare cards,and my Driving license,then I can send off the child tax benefit forms as well lol.

I needed to go to North Van yesterday for work so checked to see if there was a Service Canada office, I assumed it would be quicker than the nearest one to where we live. I was right in an out in 10 minutes. Then I need to go into the office so handed a copy of new SIN to HR. Will see about heading to ICBC licensing office tomorrow to get that sorted, or sometime during next week.

Filled out new MSP form to hand into HR so slowly getting it sorted, hopefully you have COPR and then PR shortly, hope your daughter has a good birthday.

Next thing is filling out paperwork for my parents to come over on a supervisa
Old Apr 3rd 2015, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

scootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
I needed to go to North Van yesterday for work so checked to see if there was a Service Canada office, I assumed it would be quicker than the nearest one to where we live. I was right in an out in 10 minutes. Then I need to go into the office so handed a copy of new SIN to HR. Will see about heading to ICBC licensing office tomorrow to get that sorted, or sometime during next week.

Filled out new MSP form to hand into HR so slowly getting it sorted, hopefully you have COPR and then PR shortly, hope your daughter has a good birthday.

Next thing is filling out paperwork for my parents to come over on a supervisa
Thanks bud,I am hoping that wit the missus due bambino number 4 in October that my dad decides to come over for a bit longer this year,my brother hasn't got any kids so we have my dads only grandkids(I'm making up for my brothers blanks lol)
Old Apr 7th 2015, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

itsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond repute

I had not realized we would need to get new SIN. Can you think of anything else I will need to do once we get PR:
Acitvate PR
Send off for PR card
New SIN (give to HR)
New healthcard
New driving license
Tell bank and insurance
Send off for those child benefit forms

Have I forgotten anything?

If we get new SIN isn't that going to wipe our credit scores?

Last edited by itsasmallworld; Apr 7th 2015 at 4:53 am. Reason: afterthought
Old Apr 7th 2015, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by itsasmallworld
I had not realized we would need to get new SIN. Can you think of anything else I will need to do once we get PR:
Acitvate PR
Send off for PR card
New SIN (give to HR)
New healthcard
New driving license
Tell bank and insurance
Send off for those child benefit forms

Have I forgotten anything?

If we get new SIN isn't that going to wipe our credit scores?
I don't think that credit scores are based on the SIN numbers,I read something about it a week or two ago and from what I gather we should be good.

You might have to let the school/kindergarten know that you have PR,I think we had to take our TWP's in to one school here.

You can take your copy of the COPR with you to service Canada and the registry office etc.. I was asking my friend last night as he got his PR back in November via CEC.
Old Apr 7th 2015, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

itsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond reputeitsasmallworld has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Scootb. I had not thought about the school. What do you mean by the term "registry office"? What is that for?
Old Apr 7th 2015, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Registry office is for driving licence,health care,etc..

We got our COPR in the mail today,and have this Friday off work to go activate the PR!
Old Apr 7th 2015, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

Tibor74 is an unknown quantity at this point

We got our COPR in the mail today,and have this Friday off work to go activate the PR!

this is a very fast processing..gratulation
Old Apr 7th 2015, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

Congratulations Scootb and family. I am very happy for you.

My son is heading to NY in 4 weeks for a school trip so we will probably have to leave off flag-poling until he returns to avoid him being a PR without a PR card, but that might be the subject of another thread!
Old Apr 8th 2015, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

We received our COPR today (at least they are at the lawyers office). Huge sense of relief. I would love to activate it, but I think it is best that we leave it until after my son returns from a trip to New York in early May as I don't want him trying to re-enter on his own without a PR card.

We are just waiting for you now Amoerka. Fingers crossed. Let us know what is happening with your case.
Old Apr 8th 2015, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks guys.
Congrats itsasmallworld!

This Friday our youngest will be 7 years old the day we get PR lol,then we are going to Canmore to stay the night,the first house I lived in back in Scotland was in Canmore place in a small Scottish milltown back in the 70's lol.
Old May 17th 2015, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Today we "landed" as Permanent Residents (already temporary residents for 2 years). Live near border so went over to USA and had meal at Olive Garden then came back to Canada. Told US exactly what we were doing and picked up I-94s. Oddly enough we had a humorous border guard who kept making jokes - "fingers of right hand, left hand now sing into the microphone" hahaha.

There was no one waiting on Canadian side but it took about an hour for a family of four. My husband had to show a bank statement and drivers license but mostly we just sat watching Canada beat Russia. No questions asked. Then we all signed our papers and that was it.

I have been trying to stay off wine but I felt it was only appropriate to stop at the LCBO on the way back and by an Ontario wine. It being the Victoria Day Weekend, Canada winning the Hockey thingy and of course finally getting PR!