CEC Timeline

Old Oct 17th 2008, 10:37 am
Account Closed

hdog79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CEC Timeline

Hi, all.
I would like to start a new thread called "CEC Timeline".
I am a new CEC applicant who submitted my application last week. Please write your time line and let's share the progress of our cases.

Case: CEC International Graduate Category
Date sent: Oct 8, 2008 (Via Canada Post Priority mail) to Buffalo
Date received in Buffalo: Oct 10, 2008

Waiting for receipt number now.
Old Oct 17th 2008, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

londonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of lightlondonhatter is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: CEC Timeline

Try this

http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/
Old Oct 17th 2008, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

sbhusan is an unknown quantity at this point

I think trackitt has not introduced CEC as a separate category yet.
Old Oct 18th 2008, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

powderbabe is just really nicepowderbabe is just really nicepowderbabe is just really nicepowderbabe is just really nicepowderbabe is just really nicepowderbabe is just really nicepowderbabe is just really nicepowderbabe is just really nice

This is great. Good idea and good luck. I am just in the process of gathering up my docs to apply under the CEC category also. My personal deadline for mailing the application is November 15th. Hopefully I'm able to keep to it assuming all my job reference letters arrive on time...

It's all so new - I wonder how long it will all take as nobody has experienced it yet. I'm kind of intruiged as to the number of people that will apply under this category as well as the time it will take to process...

Old Oct 18th 2008, 9:11 am
Account Closed

I hope you get all the documents ready soon and so could get in the same boat with me.

I am waiting for the receipt number now and quite excited and at the same time very nerveous to see how long or how soon it will take. Even though it's with-in Canada PR process, they want the application sent to Buffalo, NY- exactly the same address as where the FSW applications are processed. I was hoping a new office inside of Canada would process CEC cases. Even the delivery of the notice letter takes days or weeks coming from Buffalo to here in Canada(at least 5 days to 2 weeks).

I remember when the CEC was first announced, CIC was saying they would allocate 10,000 new immigrants from just CEC category every year. I hope CIC fast track CEC cases for especially this year's applicants since they officially started the program too late(September 17 to be exact)!

I honestly don't think they would reach 10,000 people from CEC category this year as I don't see many postings here saying they submitted CEC application.
Old Oct 18th 2008, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

Currently the FSW AOR time line from Buffalo is 16-20 weeks but some one in this forum has indicated that CEC AOR is taking only 2 weeks.This will definitely increase with more and more people submitting their application under CEC. seems like most of the applicants are now busy collecting their supporting docs.
I'v sent my application on 14th of Oct and hoping to get the AOR by this month end..Best of luck to all applicants..
Old Oct 24th 2008, 1:55 am
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

Be interesting to see how long it takes, I was at a conference about Cross Border recruitment this morning and it was indicated that the CEC class is going to be fast tracked
Old Oct 28th 2008, 12:48 am
Account Closed

I just received AOR from Buffalo!
I went to my po box everyday last week, anxiously waiting for the AOR and here it is! in my hand now. It took about 2 weeks as someone in this thread mentioned.(Thank you for the valuable information)

My case number ends with bracket (CEC) on AOR except for the barcode sticker, so they must(and I hope) process CEC case seperately or in a different que.

I know it's too soon to get excited, but I am glad to know they got my file!
More to come soon!
Old Oct 28th 2008, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

Congrats happydog79. seems like cec in right direction..really encouraging. I'm eager to get mine.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 3:10 am
Account Closed

thank you, sbhusan
you will receive AOR soon too, probably later this week or early next week.
I live in Vancouver BC and it seems it takes a week for a mail to be delivered from Buffalo to here.
keep me posted and let's share the progress of each other's case.

Thanks!
Old Oct 28th 2008, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks happydog79. My application reached Buffalo on 20th. Going by your experience i should get max by 1st week of Nov. I also noticed in some forum that those who have applied just after CEC introduction(sept 17) already got the medical request. Hope you get urs soon. By the way what did you submit for language proficiency,IELTS result or other evidence ?
Old Oct 28th 2008, 7:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sbhusan
Thanks happydog79. My application reached Buffalo on 20th. Going by your experience i should get max by 1st week of Nov. I also noticed in some forum that those who have applied just after CEC introduction(sept 17) already got the medical request. Hope you get urs soon. By the way what did you submit for language proficiency,IELTS result or other evidence ?
Wow, medical request already for late September 2008 CEC applicants? That's an awesome news to hear. May I ask what forum do you get this great information from? By the way, I submitted my original IELTS report that I received from IELTS. For my category(A), I need a bandscore higher than 6.