Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

CEC PR - Certifying true copies of documents

CEC PR - Certifying true copies of documents

Old Nov 8th 2011, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

_Aidan_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CEC PR - Certifying true copies of documents

Hello,
Just checking who people got to sign their copies of documents (birth certificate/passport) to certify hat they were true copies of the original documents?
The guidelines say for in Canada you can get "a commissioner of oaths, a notary public, or a justice of the peace." Can't say I know any of them personally....

Thanks for any help,
Aidan
Old Nov 8th 2011, 3:12 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CEC PR - Certifying true copies of documents

Originally Posted by _Aidan_
Hello,
Just checking who people got to sign their copies of documents (birth certificate/passport) to certify hat they were true copies of the original documents?
The guidelines say for in Canada you can get "a commissioner of oaths, a notary public, or a justice of the peace." Can't say I know any of them personally....

Thanks for any help,
Aidan
If you really need to do this then any old lawyer will do (notary publics in Canada are not the same as in the UK where they are usually a cheaper alternative to lawyers)
Old Nov 8th 2011, 6:41 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by _Aidan_
Hello,

Thanks for any help,
Aidan

Did you read the checklist for CEC closely? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5610E.PDF nowhere does it require certified true copies or notarized copies. They request either originals or copies.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

_Aidan_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi
id you read the checklist for CEC closely? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5610E.PDF nowhere does it require certified true copies or notarized copies. They request either originals or copies.
Thanks, I was reading through the guidelines and got to page 15 which tell you how to certify copies of documents: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/5609E.PDF

I guess you're right - the checklist doesn't say they have to be certified true copies of the different documents.

Thanks,
Aidan