CEC or PR?

Old Dec 17th 2009, 12:47 am
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Summerland, Okanagan Valley
Posts: 54
ChattyTracy has a spectacular aura aboutChattyTracy has a spectacular aura aboutChattyTracy has a spectacular aura about
Default CEC or PR?

Hi,

Can anyone help me. My brother-in-law is here on a temp work permit for two years which ends Nov 2010. He wants to stay permanently so does he apply as a skilled worker or through the new Canadian Experience class?

He is NOC code 7284, he is a lather or drywaller. The CEC seems quicker and easier but some comments i have seen talk about having two years experience, which he wont have until twp ends, so not sure what to do.

Any advice would be great. Concerned if he does skilled worker it will take months/years and will have to return to uk next nov.

Thanks Tracy
ChattyTracy is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2009, 2:25 am
  #2  
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 821
lancashirebird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CEC or PR?

Originally Posted by ChattyTracy
Hi,

Can anyone help me. My brother-in-law is here on a temp work permit for two years which ends Nov 2010. He wants to stay permanently so does he apply as a skilled worker or through the new Canadian Experience class?

He is NOC code 7284, he is a lather or drywaller. The CEC seems quicker and easier but some comments i have seen talk about having two years experience, which he wont have until twp ends, so not sure what to do.

Any advice would be great. Concerned if he does skilled worker it will take months/years and will have to return to uk next nov.

Thanks Tracy
If he is on the 38 list, then why not apply for PR........
With 1yrs work experience etc they are quoting 6/12mths for PR
lancashirebird is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2009, 4:48 am
  #3  
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
PMM's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 9,708
PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CEC or PR?

Hi

Originally Posted by lancashirebird
If he is on the 38 list, then why not apply for PR........
With 1yrs work experience etc they are quoting 6/12mths for PR
7284 is not on the list of "38"
PMM is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2009, 9:58 pm
  #4  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Summerland, Okanagan Valley
Posts: 54
ChattyTracy has a spectacular aura aboutChattyTracy has a spectacular aura aboutChattyTracy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: CEC or PR?

where can i find the 38 list? cant seem to see on noc site?
ChattyTracy is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2009, 10:40 pm
  #5  
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
PMM's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 9,708
PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CEC or PR?

HI

Originally Posted by ChattyTracy
where can i find the 38 list? cant seem to see on noc site?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...008-11-28a.asp
PMM is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2009, 11:30 pm
  #6  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Summerland, Okanagan Valley
Posts: 54
ChattyTracy has a spectacular aura aboutChattyTracy has a spectacular aura aboutChattyTracy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: CEC or PR?

Hi,

Thanks for that. Still hoping to get some feedback as to whether he should go through skilled worker or cec route. we did skilled worker as cec didnt exsist then but just looked like it might be quicker way but unsure if he has to have worked two years to apply?

Tracy
ChattyTracy is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.