CEC or PNP?

Old Aug 24th 2010, 2:52 pm
The Dude Abides

theotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond repute
Default CEC or PNP?

i was just wondering what you guys think is the most efficient way to obtain permanent residence? canadian experience class or provincial nominee program.

i've been looking at both and trying to weigh up the pros and cons of each and at first i was all in favour of the PNP approach but the more i think about it the temporary work permit/experience class is looking like the better option.

i should explain why: i know how to do a whole bunch of stuff, mainly in the creative and technical support fields but it's all been learned through practical experience and self teaching rather than class rooms. (before anyone says go do a course and get qualified, believe me i've looked but the courses there are are both expensive and not very instructive. plus i really don't learn well in class room environments, i never have).

i appreciate this might make it more difficult for me to get in... i was starting to think of the temporary work permit/CEC route rather than the PNP route because i'm looking to start a fresh new life out there in canada and i have no problem starting at the bottom and working my way up if that would be easier than banging my head against the wall applying for jobs i can do but can't show qualifications for.

any thoughts most welcome (please keep any sarcasm or contempt you may feel welling up in you to yourself, it just makes you look like a tool).

regards, jack.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 3:08 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CEC or PNP?

Originally Posted by theotherlebowski
any thoughts most welcome (please keep any sarcasm or contempt you may feel welling up in you to yourself, it just makes you look like a tool).
If I might suggest, when you are asking for peoples help and advice, tacking comments like this on the end will limit the number of people who respond, even some that may have been quite helpful. Come on an open forum you will get a variety of answers. Pick the ones you like, ignore the rest. By limiting the responses you never know what you might miss out on.

Last edited by Aviator; Aug 24th 2010 at 3:11 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Aviator
If I might suggest, when you are asking for peoples help and advice, tacking comments like this on the end will limit the number of people who respond, even some that may have been quite helpful. Come on an open forum you will get a variety of answers. Pick the ones you like, ignore the rest. By limiting the responses you never know what you might miss out on.
Quite... That line just invites contempt and sarcasm...
Old Aug 24th 2010, 3:34 pm
The Dude Abides

theotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond reputetheotherlebowski has a reputation beyond repute

well, i appreciate what you both mean but as someone who's used countless forums over the years i've got to a point where i don't want to have to wade through pointless snide remarks from people who have nothing better to do than sit about in their shorts feeling superiour.

there are couple of old proverbs: if you have nothing to say, say nothing; it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and prove it beyond doubt.

i'm after some helpful opinion and advice and frankly the only people who would be offended by my asking for no sarky comments are the people most likely to post sarky comments because they'll perceive that i'm attacking them.

i'm not, i'm just not interested in hearing their petty little digs and snide remarks.

hopefully people will respond to this and not feel like i'm being a dick, i just don't want to have to wade through pages of people trying to out sarc each other as the thread goes off way topic. (sadly that'll probably happen now...)
Old Aug 26th 2010, 12:46 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by theotherlebowski
well, i appreciate what you both mean but as someone who's used countless forums over the years i've got to a point where i don't want to have to wade through pointless snide remarks from people who have nothing better to do than sit about in their shorts feeling superiour.

there are couple of old proverbs: if you have nothing to say, say nothing; it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and prove it beyond doubt.

i'm after some helpful opinion and advice and frankly the only people who would be offended by my asking for no sarky comments are the people most likely to post sarky comments because they'll perceive that i'm attacking them.

i'm not, i'm just not interested in hearing their petty little digs and snide remarks.

hopefully people will respond to this and not feel like i'm being a dick, i just don't want to have to wade through pages of people trying to out sarc each other as the thread goes off way topic. (sadly that'll probably happen now...)
Forums may not be the best place to go for advice if this is your opinion of them. It is no use coming across as sanctimonious on an Internet forum. As you may have noticed it does not invite constructive or helpful responses (or any responses come to that, even the sarcastic ones). The answers one gets are usually responsive to the question and how well thought out it is. A well posed question often gets quite sensible and helpful answers. When you ask on an open forum you will get a wide variety of opinions and banter. Often (almost always) threads will go off topic, this is no different to a face to face conversation.

My suggestion is to repose your question in a new thread and cut out the other bits. You may get a better response.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 1:00 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

let me try to respond to the original question :

First, did you "pick" already a province, as in..have you read through your options on the PNP? saying, do you see an option there?

Second, if I am not mistaken, you need for the CEC 2 years of canadian experience? Which way would you plan to get them? BUNAC ..then WP? W/o the proof of the skills (meaning the fancy diplomas ) it will be almost impossible to get a WP, because the employer wouldn't get an LMO. So, to get to the point ..do you have a chance of gaining canadian experience?

I know there are different combinations possible for MB (BUNAC-PNP or strategic stream/PNP-PR), but don't know about other provinces..

Hope that helps a bit..or if you detail your options a bit more..I might be able to into more details as well