CEC one year work experience

Old Mar 1st 2014, 3:57 am

fabretti18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CEC one year work experience

Ok, so I've decided to apply for PR via the CEC. Seems the best option for me. My question is about the one year's work experience. I started work in May 2013 but returned home in July for 2 months to finalize moving etc. so when does my year's experience end, is it may or September? Do they check these dates out during the application?
Old Mar 1st 2014, 4:07 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CEC one year work experience

Originally Posted by fabretti18
Ok, so I've decided to apply for PR via the CEC. Seems the best option for me. My question is about the one year's work experience. I started work in May 2013 but returned home in July for 2 months to finalize moving etc. so when does my year's experience end, is it may or September? Do they check these dates out during the application?
When will you actually have completed a full 12 months of full time work, with pay slips to prove it? You can't count the two months you were absent as you were not physically in Canada nor working at that time.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc.../op25A-eng.pdf

Work experience can be calculated by adding up the number of weeks of full-time (or equivalent) paid work (i.e., 30 hours per week in one job, or a total of at least 30 hours per week in more than one job) in one or more skilled occupations at Skill Type 0 (Managerial occupations), Skill Level A (Professional occupations) or B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of the NOC. Work experience must be acquired over a period of at least one year; work in excess of 30 hours per week over a shorter period cannot compensate for any shorter overall period of experience

In addition, during that period of employment, the applicant must have:

 performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation(s) as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R87.1(2)(b)];

and

 performed a substantial number of the main duties, including all the essential duties, of the occupation(s) as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R87.1(2)(c)].

Yes, they check the dates.

Last edited by Siouxie; Mar 1st 2014 at 4:29 am.
Old Mar 1st 2014, 4:14 am

Perfect, thanks Siouxie, more questions to follow I'm sure
Old Mar 1st 2014, 4:28 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Perfect, thanks Siouxie, more questions to follow I'm sure
You are very welcome.

Old Mar 1st 2014, 6:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

If you need to wait until Sept to apply under the CEC, why not just apply via the FSW prog or PNP now instead?
Old Mar 2nd 2014, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
If you need to wait until Sept to apply under the CEC, why not just apply via the FSW prog or PNP now instead?
I originally thought about PNP but don't want to restrict to staying in Alberta. I thought the FSW was a longer, more complex procedure and is the cap not much less than CEC? To be honest I can't figure out the best route to PR but both my wife and I want to process as soon as possible.
I'm having a pretty dismal time in the job I'm in and we feel the sooner we get PR then the sooner we can head out on our own. I don't want to have to put myself in the position of having to ask for help from my employer even though I have a firm job and a 2 year TWP since May2013. Things have gone a bit

Besides will it not take a while to get police reports etc?. a couple of months perhaps? By which time I'll be a bit nearer sept. I'll gladly accept any guidance anyone cares to give.

Last edited by fabretti18; Mar 2nd 2014 at 4:15 am.
Old Mar 2nd 2014, 11:09 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I originally thought about PNP but don't want to restrict to staying in Alberta. I thought the FSW was a longer, more complex procedure and is the cap not much less than CEC? To be honest I can't figure out the best route to PR but both my wife and I want to process as soon as possible.
I'm having a pretty dismal time in the job I'm in and we feel the sooner we get PR then the sooner we can head out on our own. I don't want to have to put myself in the position of having to ask for help from my employer even though I have a firm job and a 2 year TWP since May2013. Things have gone a bit

Besides will it not take a while to get police reports etc?. a couple of months perhaps? By which time I'll be a bit nearer sept. I'll gladly accept any guidance anyone cares to give.
A police cert will take a week or so to get, then you'd need it sending to you from the UK. IELTS would be the thing that would take the longest, but that's still only a month or so. So if you got a wiggle on and got those things started, then filled in the forms in the interim, you could apply in April.

There is no cap for FSW applications with arranged employment either.

FSW does have longer processing times than CEC at the moment, so really it's your call - both will probably get you PR at roughly the same time, but at least with FSW you'd have an application in earlier.

Your call really, good luck whatever you decide.