CEC language requirements

Old Jan 24th 2013, 5:53 am
Just Joined

murphn24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CEC language requirements

Hi all,

Hoping somebody can shine some light on this for me.. I am applying for my CEC PR. For the language requirements they now accept IELTS and CELPIP. I did the CELPIP exam last year and have the results ready to send with my application. I noticed recently on the CELPIP website that they say CIC won't accept these results for the CEC application if the exam was done before November 2012.

This was the case for me but it makes zero reference in any of the CIC CEC guidance which was last updated in January 2013. I also called CIC on two different occasions and was informed both times that I can use the CELPIP results as long as I passed within the last two years and that the marks meet the requirements.

I'd like to proceed with my submission now but I still have the worry about the exclusion note on the CELPIP website and don't want to wait months for a rejection on those grounds.

If somebody could share their experience, discussions with CIC, discussion with immigration lawyers on this matter, I would really appreciate it! I'm under some time pressure and I can't sit another English exam until March 9, 2013 at the earliest.

Thanks!