Is CEC going to change ?

Old Apr 24th 2014, 5:44 am
Just Joined

canada22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is CEC going to change ?

I just saw this in the CIC webside :

New caps for Federal Skilled Worker and Federal Skilled Trades Programs, and Canadian Experience Class

April 23, 2014 — Ottawa — Canada’s Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander today announced new measures in key economic immigration programs to prepare for next year’s launch of Express Entry, Canada’s new active recruitment model. Express Entry will lead to a faster and more flexible economic immigration system that will address Canada’s economic and labour market needs.

To prepare for the launch of Express Entry in 2015, Citizenship and Immigration Canada will begin accepting applications under new caps for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) and Canadian Experience Class (CEC), starting May 1, 2014. These measures will ensure a steady supply of skilled workers who are settling in Canada permanently and helping to supplement the Canadian workforce in areas where there are skills shortages.

With the FSWP backlog on track for elimination this year, a new cap of 25,000 applications will provide the appropriate number of applications to support expected admissions in 2015. The list of eligible occupations – reflecting the latest labour market needs – will be more than doubled, from 24 to 50 occupations.

To support Canada’s need for skilled trades people, the FSTP cap will be increased to 5,000 applications. All 90 skilled trades designated under the program regulations will now be eligible for consideration, although sub-caps remain in order to ensure appropriate representation of occupations.

The CEC cap will be re-set at 8,000 applications, as of May 1, 2014, to cover the transition period leading up to Express Entry.

The full set of Ministerial Instructions will be available in the Canada Gazette on April 26, 2014.
Quick facts

These are the last FSWP, FSTP and CEC applications that will be accepted under the current system before Express Entry launches in January 2015.
Application caps ensure that the immigration programs continue to address labour market needs and that backlogs are not created.
The latest FSWP occupation list was developed based on recent labour market data from Employment and Social Development Canada and input from the provinces and territories on regional labour market needs.

I'm just applying for college with the intention to get an off campus part time job and eventually to apply with CEC .
Reading this article my impression was that they will change in ways we don't know or eliminate CEC .

Could you tell me your opinion ?

Thank you for your attention
Old Apr 24th 2014, 6:14 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is CEC going to change ?

Originally Posted by canada22
I just saw this in the CIC webside :

New caps for Federal Skilled Worker and Federal Skilled Trades Programs, and Canadian Experience Class

April 23, 2014 — Ottawa — Canada’s Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander today announced new measures in key economic immigration programs to prepare for next year’s launch of Express Entry, Canada’s new active recruitment model. Express Entry will lead to a faster and more flexible economic immigration system that will address Canada’s economic and labour market needs.

To prepare for the launch of Express Entry in 2015, Citizenship and Immigration Canada will begin accepting applications under new caps for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) and Canadian Experience Class (CEC), starting May 1, 2014. These measures will ensure a steady supply of skilled workers who are settling in Canada permanently and helping to supplement the Canadian workforce in areas where there are skills shortages.

With the FSWP backlog on track for elimination this year, a new cap of 25,000 applications will provide the appropriate number of applications to support expected admissions in 2015. The list of eligible occupations – reflecting the latest labour market needs – will be more than doubled, from 24 to 50 occupations.

To support Canada’s need for skilled trades people, the FSTP cap will be increased to 5,000 applications. All 90 skilled trades designated under the program regulations will now be eligible for consideration, although sub-caps remain in order to ensure appropriate representation of occupations.

The CEC cap will be re-set at 8,000 applications, as of May 1, 2014, to cover the transition period leading up to Express Entry.

The full set of Ministerial Instructions will be available in the Canada Gazette on April 26, 2014.
Quick facts

These are the last FSWP, FSTP and CEC applications that will be accepted under the current system before Express Entry launches in January 2015.
Application caps ensure that the immigration programs continue to address labour market needs and that backlogs are not created.
The latest FSWP occupation list was developed based on recent labour market data from Employment and Social Development Canada and input from the provinces and territories on regional labour market needs.

I'm just applying for college with the intention to get an off campus part time job and eventually to apply with CEC .
Reading this article my impression was that they will change in ways we don't know or eliminate CEC .

Could you tell me your opinion ?

Thank you for your attention
Yes, it will change.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=830833

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=836509

I would suggest looking into Provincial Nomination rather than CEC - you would just need a qualifying job and nomination by your employer provided your job is skilled and wouldn't need to have worked for a year before applying.

Last edited by Siouxie; Apr 24th 2014 at 6:33 am.
Old Apr 24th 2014, 7:43 am
Just Joined

Thank you so much for the reply and all the information .
I know it's a stupid question but are there any indications about how and how deeply it will change ?
About how the new CEC will be ?
I'm trying to understand if college or a work ( for CEC ) does still make sense .
I'm trying hard with PNP but for now no luck ....
I just hope to find a way ....

Last edited by canada22; Apr 24th 2014 at 7:45 am. Reason: Forgot a sentence
Old Apr 24th 2014, 8:19 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much for the reply and all the information .
I know it's a stupid question but are there any indications about how and how deeply it will change ?
About how the new CEC will be ?
I'm trying to understand if college or a work ( for CEC ) does still make sense .
I'm trying hard with PNP but for now no luck ....
I just hope to find a way ....
You are most welcome.

Until CIC set down the regulations for the new Express system, nobody knows the answer to how much the CEC will change. It will come under the expression of interest system so you will need to read about that to ascertain what changes may be made.

If you haven't already got the required 1 year of work experience in a skilled position in Canada then PNP would probably be your 'easier' option.

If you attend college in BC (for instance) and it is at a qualifying college then you could possibly get a PGWP, then find a skilled job and see if your employer would be willing to nominate you for PNP - or if you decide not to go to college you would need to find a job with an employer that would be willing to apply for an LMO for you, which would also take time.

Old Apr 24th 2014, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

deaney is an unknown quantity at this point

Could anyone elaborate on this? I'm due to get mine in by 28th May 2014, does this mean the current cap of 12,000 (which is on about 6,300 as of today) will be dropped down to 8,000 or... will they keep the current program on 12,000 and the new January 2015 CEC drop down to 8,000?

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=841339
"Canadian Experience Class:

This program is for people who already have skilled work experience in Canada and want to immigrate permanently.

Overall cap of 8,000 applications
Sub-caps of 200 applications each for any NOC B occupation
Six ineligible occupations: administrative officers (NOC code 1221), administrative assistants (1241), accounting technicians/bookkeepers (1311), cooks (6322), food service supervisors (6311), and retail sales supervisors (6211)."

I'm just starting to panic!
Old Apr 24th 2014, 2:36 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by deaney

Could anyone elaborate on this? I'm due to get mine in by 28th May 2014, does this mean the current cap of 12,000 (which is on about 6,300 as of today) will be dropped down to 8,000 or... will they keep the current program on 12,000 and the new January 2015 CEC drop down to 8,000?

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=841339
"Canadian Experience Class:

This program is for people who already have skilled work experience in Canada and want to immigrate permanently.

Six ineligible occupations: administrative officers (NOC code 1221), administrative assistants (1241), accounting technicians/bookkeepers (1311), cooks (6322), food service supervisors (6311), and retail sales supervisors (6211)."

I'm just starting to panic!
8000 from May 1st - meaning applications received from May 1st onwards will be limited to that many.

Any figures or legislation in force prior to May 1st will no longer count.

Effective May 1, 2014, the following measures will be in place:

Canadian Experience Class:

Six ineligible occupations: administrative officers (NOC code 1221), administrative assistants (1241), accounting technicians/bookkeepers (1311), cooks (6322), food service supervisors (6311), and retail sales supervisors (6211).
Have you checked to see if your occupation comes under the new FSW list?
Could you apply for PNP?

Last edited by Siouxie; Apr 24th 2014 at 2:39 pm.
Old Apr 24th 2014, 8:55 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie

Six ineligible occupations: administrative officers (NOC code 1221), administrative assistants (1241), accounting technicians/bookkeepers (1311), cooks (6322), food service supervisors (6311), and retail sales supervisors (6211).
What the options for people in these roles then - is it only certain PNP routes depending on the province?
Old Apr 24th 2014, 9:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
What the options for people in these roles then - is it only certain PNP routes depending on the province?
Or FSW, as I think all of those are skilled jobs (although haven't checked).
Old Apr 24th 2014, 11:39 pm
Just Joined

Thankyou again for the good information ,
PNPa is a great idea but with my qualifications it's very very difficult to find an employer . I'm trying .
What about Quebec ? Are rules in Quebec changing as fast as in the rest of Canada ?
Will the changes in LMO and in CEC affect even LMOs in Quebec and the Quebec Experience Class (Programme de l’expérience québécoise -PEQ – Québec experience program) ?
I studied some French and at this point I'm thinking to try or a college in Quebec for an off campus work permit or a job in Quebec and then to apply to the Quebec Experience Program . Would that make sense ?
Sorry for all the questions but I'm pretty desperate and just trying to think out of the box .
Wish you all a good day

Last edited by canada22; Apr 24th 2014 at 11:46 pm.
Old Apr 24th 2014, 11:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou again for the good information ,
PNPa is a great idea but with my qualifications it's very very difficult to find an employer . I'm trying .
What about Quebec ? Are rules in Quebec changing as fast as in the rest of Canada ?
Will the changes in LMO and in CEC affect even LMOs in Quebec and the Quebec Experience Class ?
I studied some French and I was thinking to try or a college in Quebec for an off campus work permit or a job in Quebec and then apply to Quebec Experience Class . Would that make sense ?
Sorry for all the questions but I'm pretty desperate and just trying to think out of the box .
Wish you all a good day
We don't know your situation so it's very hard for us to make any suggestions.

Why don't you give more info, and hopefully people will be able to suggest likely visa routes.

Where are you now, do you already have a study permit (if so, for how long), which province, what is your employment background, any Canadian significant other, what qualifications do you have etc?
Old Apr 25th 2014, 5:09 am
Just Joined

You're more them right ! Here is some information about me . I'm in this moment in Ontario as a visitor , I have an artisan background and I have a high school diploma . I lack the one year full time work experience within the last 10 years both inside and outside Canada . No significant other in Canada . I know it's not good but if anyone has an idea I would be more than happy .
I'm looking more deeply in the Quebec option so if somebody knows if things are going to change there too or if it is still possible to get a job or to go to college there and apply in a few years to the Québec experience program it would help a lot . I just want to understand if laws change so quickly even in Quebec .