CEC Cap 2014

Old Dec 2nd 2014, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

acrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond repute
Default CEC Cap 2014

Hey All,

This has been all the buzz on other forums, but I haven't seen much here. I wanted to start a thread so people could share any updates/contact they have had with CIC, or even share their thoughts/feelings in regards to this issue.

What's going on?
For those of you unaware, a note appeared on a somewhat obscure page on CIC's website announcing that the CEC cap is full. However, the main counter is still showing over 3000 spaces left. What does this mean? Well, no-one is quiet sure and there seems to be a lot of debate about it.

Main Page showing 3000+ spaces:
Canadian Experience Class – Number of applications accepted

Other Page showing a note saying the CEC is full:
Hire a foreign worker with Canadian experience

My Experience
I spoke to CIC's call center, they told me that I have nothing to worry about and there is over 3000 spaces left, I asked them to confirm that with a source other than the website, which they did (that source is unknown at this time). I will be calling again tomorrow for an update.

My Theory
This is just a misprint on that page, why would they announce it there, and ONLY there. It doesn't make any sense. I think someone got it wrong, or this was a pre-made 'note' designed to go up when the cap reached, and it was published by mistake.
Old Dec 2nd 2014, 6:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CEC Cap 2014

I'm afraid I think that the cap has been met.

The applications counter on the CEC is always way off and often not updated until weeks or even months after a cap has been met. Remember it's only a very rough guide and doesn't take account of all the applications that are sitting waiting their turn to be opened, or the ones that are awaiting checking.

The CIC 'misinformation line' also isn't a source I'd rely on, it's manned by call centre staff with no immigration knowledge reading off a script, and they are unlikely to know.

So those two things alone wouldn't make me think the website is wrong I'm afraid. The only thing you can rely on are announcements made on the CIC news/press release section or in the Gazette.

Good luck.
Old Dec 2nd 2014, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

acrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond repute

Canada Gazette –

This is a gazette post from December 1st. It talks about the current cec system, and mentions current applications. It doesn't mention caps in much detail, but it was posted 6 days after the update to the cec site saying they're full.

It seems like I'm the unpopular opinion here, but I just find it too difficult to believe that CIC would come across as business as usual, aside from one page that isn't even connected to the main CEC tree (it's under 'hire a foreign worker').

If they were truly full we would have seen something a bit more.
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 1:40 am
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

A guy at work had his credit card charged yesterday by CIC, he applied for CEC.
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cbrown89
A guy at work had his credit card charged yesterday by CIC, he applied for CEC.
When did he send his application in?
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

BexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond repute

If the cap really has been reached, I would like to think CIC would inform everyone who has applied recently (including me!) of this as soon as possible, so we are not left hoping/wasting our time and can prepare for the Express Entry system.
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 3:23 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BexB
If the cap really has been reached, I would like to think CIC would inform everyone who has applied recently (including me!) of this as soon as possible, so we are not left hoping/wasting our time and can prepare for the Express Entry system.
Good luck with that.

CIC is notorious for dragging out the process and wasting peoples time.

They are flooded with paperwork and administration and have no customer service benchmarks or real way of contacting them.

Don't take this personally but your application is borderline insignificant to them.
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

**UPDATE**

I just spoke to the CIC call center on the phone, they informed me they have been flooded with this question and have asked Ottowa a question.

Their ETA on an answer is the end of next week.

Apparently it takes over a week for Ottowa to respond to an internal email. Sounds efficient.
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 3:40 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BexB
I'm not sure you can really prepare for it, other than booking English language test, police checks and educational certificates are in order. I just quickly searched and you can sign up for email updates. As soon as it comes on line you will be able to complete a profile, get put into a draw and then end of Jan hope you get chosen to apply. You still have 60days to get paperwork together...

HTH
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 3:47 am
Forum Regular

BexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tirytory
I'm not sure you can really prepare for it, other than booking English language test, police checks and educational certificates are in order. I just quickly searched and you can sign up for email updates. As soon as it comes on line you will be able to complete a profile, get put into a draw and then end of Jan hope you get chosen to apply. You still have 60days to get paperwork together...

HTH
Thanks.

I have all of the above stuff from recently submitting the CEC application. The application was delivered mid-October, so hopefully I will hear back (in some shape or form) in the new year. If I then need to try via the Express route, so be it. Have just signed up for email updates.
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

**********UPDATE**************

THE PAGE HAS BEEN UPDATED AS OF TODAY, THERE IS NO LONGER A MESSAGE THAT THE CEC IS FULL

REJOICE

JOLLY GOOD CHAPS
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by acrylicus
**********UPDATE**************

THE PAGE HAS BEEN UPDATED AS OF TODAY, THERE IS NO LONGER A MESSAGE THAT THE CEC IS FULL

REJOICE

JOLLY GOOD CHAPS
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

Ally and Chris is an unknown quantity at this point

Hurray

Someone clearly did not vet that page before they uploaded it!
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 4:57 am
Weegie in Calgary

cbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond reputecbrown89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by acrylicus
When did he send his application in?
Mid September I believe