Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

CEC Application - is it quicker to apply to an immigration office outside of Canada?

CEC Application - is it quicker to apply to an immigration office outside of Canada?

Old Sep 8th 2011, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

_Aidan_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CEC Application - is it quicker to apply to an immigration office outside of Canada?

Hey,
I'm just gathering everything I need for my Canadian Experience Class PR application - I'll be ready to qualify in December when I'll officially be in my job for 2 years.
I've heard that it might be quicker to apply to a visa office back home (UK) - does anyone know if this is true or even possible?

Thanks,
Aidan
Old Sep 8th 2011, 2:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CEC Application - is it quicker to apply to an immigration office outside of Cana

I think you have to apply via Buffalo for CEC, so not sure you can choose London, but hopefully somebody will correct me if I'm wrong.

Current processing times are 14 months according to the CIC website.

Old Sep 8th 2011, 5:48 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CEC Application - is it quicker to apply to an immigration office outside of Cana

Hi

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I think you have to apply via Buffalo for CEC, so not sure you can choose London, but hopefully somebody will correct me if I'm wrong.

Current processing times are 14 months according to the CIC website.

All CEC applications go to Buffalo.
Old Oct 6th 2011, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

JoolsGod is an unknown quantity at this point

We sent off our CEC application about 3-4 weeks ago to Buffalo. Last week we received an email with a case number and today we have been extremely shocked to receive medical requests!

Still can't quite believe it...but not going to count my chickens yet!
Old Oct 6th 2011, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JoolsGod
We sent off our CEC application about 3-4 weeks ago to Buffalo. Last week we received an email with a case number and today we have been extremely shocked to receive medical requests!

Waow that's amazing. Congrats! I'm just getting everything together for my application now (I can't send it until December though.) I've got the IELTS English exam on Saturday. Did you have to do that JoolsGod?
Old Oct 6th 2011, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

Also, where/when can you do your medical?
Old Oct 6th 2011, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

My husband did the IELTS test as he is the principal applicant. I was worried about it as he not the greatest at english and he shy's away from writing at any given time. He did fine though and got a score good enough for the job he does.

The medical requests letter gives a link to a list of medical practicioners they will allow medicals to be completed by. I looked that up last night and am going to call today. They give you 60 days to get it done by so I am not going to hang around!

Good luck with yours in December!
Old Oct 6th 2011, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

My husband did the IELTS test as he is the principal applicant. I was worried about it as he not the greatest at english and he shy's away from writing at any given time. He did fine though and got a score good enough for the job he does.

The medical requests letter gives a link to a list of medical practicioners they will allow medicals to be completed by. I looked that up last night and am going to call today. They give you 60 days to get it done by so I am not going to hang around!

Good luck with yours in December!
Thanks!
Have you any idea when his PR will come through officially? I've heard a year and a half..?
Old Oct 6th 2011, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Have no idea, just going with the flow! I wasn't expecting the medical requests for anther 5-6 months at least so that's why I was o shocked! It's a step in the right direction but who know how long the next step will take? Will just have to wait and see!