CDN Passport Application Returned

Old Feb 12th 2013, 5:55 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default CDN Passport Application Returned

Hi folks,

You'll usually find me over in the USA sections of the site, but I've run into a snag and I'm hoping someone can guide me towards resolution.

A bit of background: I currently live in the US. I'm a UK/CDN/US citizen (UK by birth, Canada and US by naturalization). I have three passports, but my Canadian passport recently expired! I knew it was coming but then life happened and... well, you know the story.

I applied to renew my passport, got photos taken, and sent the whole package to the Qu├ębec address. After a couple of weeks the whole package was returned. The reason: the photos didn't meet their specifications. This was completely bogus because, being totally anal retentive, I measured and examined them closely to ensure they met specifications, and one was properly stamped and dated by the photographer. But... there it is anyway - the application was returned. So, now I'm having to reapply.

I've renewed my CDN passport 2x since living in the US and this will be the 3rd renewal. I've never had a problem with the photos before (same place, same specs), so I'm at a bit of a loss here. Has anyone had a similar recent experience? Has there been a tightening of the borders that I didn't notice? Curious more than anything, really.

Thanks for letting me vent!

Ian
Old Feb 12th 2013, 7:24 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CDN Passport Application Returned

I don't know about passports but there was a spate of people getting their photos for POR cards returned. Uusally it was because the background was the wrong shade of white or something stupid.
Sometimes maybe 2 out of 3 family member's photos were fine but the fourth was returned ( even thought they were from same photographer!)

I suspect they have some ultra picky image scanning software/hardware or something

I guess I'm saying "you're not special "