Caution on UK Police Report

Old Oct 3rd 2011, 6:19 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Caution on UK Police Report

Hi

Originally Posted by BAAS
Hi Siouxie,
Yes, I realise that there is a slight difference here, but you appear to have a little experience in this area. I have 2 summary convictions, although they were both dealt with as such, they were offences which could have been dealt with by either indictment or summary proceedings (hybrid)...... Does the fact that they were dealt with by way of summary bear any significance?

Many thanks.

IF the offences equate to hybrid offences are dealt with as is if they were proceeded by way of indictment.
Old Oct 8th 2011, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

mattsmith is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dexter and his parents
I was arrested for refusing to leave a bus (I'd suggested the driver allow some students on for free, as it was snowing and late, and he didn't like, told me to get off the bus (the students had gone by then) and, when I refused, having paid my fare, he called over the police, who were a few feet away and in a rotten mood- there had been a demonstration earlier in the day) and was subsequently physically and verbally abused by the police over a 12 hour period. My lawyer thought I should fight the case/go for wrongful arrest and assault, but, as I wanted the nightmare over, and didn't want to have to go to court, so I accepted a caution for 'causing distress'. (The worst bit of that was that I had to state that I didn't remember what happened, when in fact I remembered every minute.) I paid no fine, never went to court, and received no punishment, so it didn't fit with the criteria on the cic website for making an appeal/the whole 'rehabilitation' thing.This caution has turned up on my UK Police Report. I've sent it in with letters from my employer, my doctor (who examined the bruises and injuries left by the police) and my partner's coworker (who works for the police) which all attest to my good character (and my boss and doctor also gave details of what happened to me/the distress I'd endured) and I enclosed a copy of the details I sent to the IPCC (as I'm still making a complaint, despite my accepting the caution, about my treatment while in custody.) We had not expected the caution to appear on the report. I have never been in any sort of trouble in my life. What will this do to our chances of immigrating to Canada???
Hi -dont know what kind of visa route u r applying thro' but i had a similar situation - caution less than 5 years ago - 2 counts of assault for an equally silly situation, and had your concerns....you can apply for a 'preliminary assessment' - not compulsary but may ease your concerns- which costs nothing and is basically a dry run of sorts for the application - u will have to submit the police report with it at minimal cost £35 mine was and thats it. I now have a referenced letter from CIC stating I am not inadmissable...due to the fact i have fessed up, given detailed explaination of the incident and so on..this letter can be quoted for use in my application. in my opinion u will be fine, but if its a concern, try this for peace of mind
Old Oct 8th 2011, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

Dexter and his parents is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers, everyone, for your help and advice.