Wikiposts

Category Skill "0"

Old Jun 9th 2008, 9:32 pm

tinytears is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Category Skill "0"

My category skill is a "0" (Management Occupations) I just wondered whether this means that when the changes come in (as they look sure to happen now), whether it means that my skill category would be "safe" or whether skill category "0" will still be subjec to the new laws?

I guess that is a how long is a piece of string question, but, someone may just know the answer.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 2:47 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Category Skill "0"

Hi

Originally Posted by heidi_K
My category skill is a "0" (Management Occupations) I just wondered whether this means that when the changes come in (as they look sure to happen now), whether it means that my skill category would be "safe" or whether skill category "0" will still be subjec to the new laws?

I guess that is a how long is a piece of string question, but, someone may just know the answer.
My guess is that it won't have very much to do with the skill level, A,B or O but will the job itself. An example lets say, Banana Plantation Manager, Skill level O, but there would be no call for the skills in Canada, so probably, without a job offer, the application would be returned.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

timu12 is a jewel in the roughtimu12 is a jewel in the roughtimu12 is a jewel in the roughtimu12 is a jewel in the rough

Cant help you, Heidi, bcuz under current rule,most of the management occupations are eligible to apply for PR. however, if you are in the finance/accounting field, your occupation is an advantage bcuz that's one of the occupations in demand. i suggest you go through some provicial government websites and find out their regional skilled worker shortage lists!!!
Old Jun 10th 2008, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by timu12
Cant help you, Heidi, bcuz under current rule,most of the management occupations are eligible to apply for PR. however, if you are in the finance/accounting field, your occupation is an advantage bcuz that's one of the occupations in demand. i suggest you go through some provicial government websites and find out their regional skilled worker shortage lists!!!
Thank you both.

My skill level occupation is in business management rather than accountancy which is rather a shame!

I guess I need to sit tight like everyone else really don't I?
Old Jun 10th 2008, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

timu12 is a jewel in the roughtimu12 is a jewel in the roughtimu12 is a jewel in the roughtimu12 is a jewel in the rough

I actually have an idea. have you ever thought of PNP? if your employer is happened to be able to apply PNP for you, you can get PR within 6 months. of course it depends on which province your future employer is from. B.C is the fastest province to process PNP certificate application, Ontario isnt bad neither.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 6:09 am

I actually have an idea. have you ever thought of PNP? if your employer is happened to be able to apply PNP for you, you can get PR within 6 months. of course it depends on which province your future employer is from. B.C is the fastest province to process PNP certificate application, Ontario isnt bad neither.
I want to go to Toronto (family there), I'm not sure there is a PNP programme there but I will investigate that, thank you once again.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

I want to go to Toronto (family there), I'm not sure there is a PNP programme there but I will investigate that, thank you once again.
Heidi, i am more than welcome to tell u that, there is PNP for ontario. i wasnt able to apply bcuz my employer wasnt willing to support me. the pre-screening is very quick, a friend of my got his PNP certificate in about 4 weeks. you really need to contact your employer and see how they fee about filing a PNP application for ya.
here is the link.

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/English/pnp.asp

gd luck
Old Jun 10th 2008, 6:16 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

the pre-screening is very quick, a friend of my got his PNP certificate in about 4 weeks.
What occupation does your friend belong to, timu12?
x
Old Jun 10th 2008, 6:24 am

Heidi, i am more than welcome to tell u that, there is PNP for ontario. i wasnt able to apply bcuz my employer wasnt willing to support me. the pre-screening is very quick, a friend of my got his PNP certificate in about 4 weeks. you really need to contact your employer and see how they fee about filing a PNP application for ya.
here is the link.

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/English/pnp.asp

gd luck
Interesting, interesting, I will look into this. Thank you.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

Default useful tips

Accountant. Actually Ontario PNP does not have a strict requirement on occupation as long as its among NOC 0AB. Another advantage is that it does not have requirement on work experience neither. Sigh, again, having a supportive employer is soooo CRITICAL. back in febuary, ontario expanded its pnp program which allows international students to apply. My friend has already got Medical examination and will become a PR in a few months while i am still waiting for mine to come.
According to my research, provinces, such as alberta,askatchewan, new brunswick and manitoba required PNP applicants to work for a local employer for at least 6 months before submit their applications while B.C and Ontario do not have such requirement.
PNP is the top priority and their processing time is the shortest.Thus, this is the best way to immigrate to Canada.

Last edited by timu12; Jun 10th 2008 at 6:35 am.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 3:00 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: useful tips

Accountant. Actually Ontario PNP does not have a strict requirement on occupation as long as its among NOC 0AB. Another advantage is that it does not have requirement on work experience neither.
Thanks for the explanation, timu12. As with some other aspects of immigration to Canada, what you've just told us does not come through when one reads the official website. So it's interesting to hear about it from someone who is on the ground, so to speak.
x
Old Jun 11th 2008, 3:29 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: useful tips

Unfortunately Ontario's PNP is quite strict when it comes to eligible occupations. The only exception from official list has been made for international graduates. And this is the only group that doesn't need to meet minimum work experience requirement.

Statement "Another advantage is that it does not have requirement on work experience neither" proves that timu12 is confusing Ontario's PNP for International Graduates with Professional/Skilled Worker streams of the Employer Category.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

My bad, Andrew. it doesnt matter now bcuz i could not take advantage of it and need to compete with 600000 skilled worker applicants. Now my only hope is Canadian Experience Class.