Cashing of Bank Draft

Old Nov 30th 2005, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

Bethan2 will become famous soon enoughBethan2 will become famous soon enough
Default Cashing of Bank Draft

I'm sure I've read here before that people know the date that their bank draft was cashed. When I asked my bank they said that was impossible. Can anyone advise me? Would just like the reassurance of knowing whether it has got through to that stage or not.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 10:06 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cashing of Bank Draft

Originally Posted by Bethan2
I'm sure I've read here before that people know the date that their bank draft was cashed. When I asked my bank they said that was impossible. Can anyone advise me? Would just like the reassurance of knowing whether it has got through to that stage or not.
Our Canadian bank can even provide a copy of the encashed draft so there must be a way.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Our Canadian bank can even provide a copy of the encashed draft so there must be a way.
It's amazing, the AOR arrived lunchtime only one week since I submitted the application! I am now officially at the very back of the queue!!
Old Dec 1st 2005, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

Kazphillips will become famous soon enoughKazphillips will become famous soon enough

Congratulations Bethan! Nice to see you here at the back of the queue. Looks a long way to the other end eh? Maybe we should have a game of I-Spy or something

Should have brought a picnic!

Kaz x
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all

Congratulations. Welcome to the club.

What is the time specified in your AOR?

regs
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Reghuraj
Congratulations. Welcome to the club.

What is the time specified in your AOR?

regs
Thanks! The time they quoted is 36 Months. I had been worried because I read here that someone had one that said 42 months, but no, it's the expected 36 months. At least the AORs are sent out very promptly!
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kazphillips
Congratulations Bethan! Nice to see you here at the back of the queue. Looks a long way to the other end eh? Maybe we should have a game of I-Spy or something

Should have brought a picnic!

Kaz x
Thanks Kaz! Now it's a question of trying not to put life on hold I guess. Am still trying everything and anything to get on a PNP too.
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 12:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all

Thanks Kaz! Now it's a question of trying not to put life on hold I guess. Am still trying everything and anything to get on a PNP too.
Yes, one should not put ones life on hold. should continue and try to prosper at each ones respective place or stay.

a PNP would require a job offer i think.

regs
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

Kazphillips will become famous soon enoughKazphillips will become famous soon enough

Tell you what, I had a heart stopping moment yesterday. Opened the mailbox to find a brown envelope from CHC...sadly all it contained was the tax rebate from our last trip to Canada.

Oh if only.......
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 4:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Tell you what, I had a heart stopping moment yesterday. Opened the mailbox to find a brown envelope from CHC...sadly all it contained was the tax rebate from our last trip to Canada.

Oh if only.......

oh if only...... yeah i can imagine how you would have felt when u got a brown envelope from CHC...,

regs
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

Oh if only.......
OMG - hope it was a good rebate!
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

£50 extra in the Canada fund!!

OMG - hope it was a good rebate!
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

rgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to behold

I have a question regarding the bank draft. The draft I received from the bank had two pieces of paper with the one on the back saying it is a receipt. Do I keep the back copy for my records or do I send it all with my visa app. I know this may sounds like a stupied question but I have never really dealt with bankers drafts before.

rgilbert
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rgilbert
I have a question regarding the bank draft. The draft I received from the bank had two pieces of paper with the one on the back saying it is a receipt. Do I keep the back copy for my records or do I send it all with my visa app. I know this may sounds like a stupied question but I have never really dealt with bankers drafts before.

rgilbert

You need to send only the draft, ie the paper with which the CHC will get the money. The recieipt is for your safe keeping.

regs