Case specific emails

Old Mar 30th 2011, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

bewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud ofbewillow has much to be proud of
Default Re: Case specific emails

London definitely (in fall 2009) had problems with the web based "communicate with us about your file" system. It clearly sometimes did not send an email out the back end - you would get no confirmation email back and no action would be taken. And of course there is nobody to mention this to, so it did not get fixed.

If you email them something important, it is worth also sending them a letter with the same content. If either delivery fails, it is likely the other got through.

If you want to see your CIC files and try to figure out status from that, see How to access your CIC file and status of processing

Last edited by bewillow; Mar 30th 2011 at 5:01 am.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by holstein
....they blatantly lost it, as I tracked it right to there door. The thing that annoyed me was that they never chased it up, so had I not e-mailed them when would they have told me that they apparently had not received my paperwork? More time wasted

I'd definitely e-mail them!
Originally Posted by bewillow
London definitely (in fall 2009) had problems with the web based "communicate with us about your file" system. It clearly sometimes did not send an email out the back end - you would get no confirmation email back and no action would be taken. And of course there is nobody to mention this to, so it did not get fixed.

If you email them something important, it is worth also sending them a letter with the same content. If either delivery fails, it is likely the other got through.

[/URL]
Thank you both. I have just emailed them again - with all the details and number i could find, so hopefully i will hear something.

So frustrating as we were hoping to go over in May to have a look at schools, but now it looks like we may not be able to go till the summer (as kids are not allowed to take time off school, and daughter has GCSE's) - BUT, the Canadian schools will be closed!!

Oh well, these things happen..... I would really just like to know that they have got my medicals --------
Old Mar 30th 2011, 7:08 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caleo
Thank you both. I have just emailed them again - with all the details and number i could find, so hopefully i will hear something.

So frustrating as we were hoping to go over in May to have a look at schools, but now it looks like we may not be able to go till the summer (as kids are not allowed to take time off school, and daughter has GCSE's) - BUT, the Canadian schools will be closed!!

Oh well, these things happen..... I would really just like to know that they have got my medicals --------
Understand the concern about the GCSEs thing but I can tell you for certain that a school cannot stop you from taking your kids out of school in term time. The Headteacher has the right to authorise absence but if they do not think it is a reasonable reason or length of absence they can only mark it as unauthorised absence. If you are wanting to see your children's new schools to ensure their continued happiness and educational welfare it would have to be a very ignorant Headteacher to refuse to authorise that time off.
If they are ignorant and do mark it as unauthorised absence, you are emigrating anyway, then so what?
Old Mar 30th 2011, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helcat12
Understand the concern about the GCSEs thing but I can tell you for certain that a school cannot stop you from taking your kids out of school in term time. The Headteacher has the right to authorise absence but if they do not think it is a reasonable reason or length of absence they can only mark it as unauthorised absence. If you are wanting to see your children's new schools to ensure their continued happiness and educational welfare it would have to be a very ignorant Headteacher to refuse to authorise that time off.
If they are ignorant and do mark it as unauthorised absence, you are emigrating anyway, then so what?
yes, I know they can't really stop us - in all her years at school we have never taken her away in term time - it is mainly the GCSE's that are in the way - will just have to see what happens with the PPR. We can't book flights/hotels etc until we have the visas in our possession - our application has been messed up from the start in Mississauga and has continued in the same vein - not taking any risks! So stuck with any forward movement for now.

Hopefully we will hear soon
Old Mar 30th 2011, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

Can2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Ditto - sent various for several reasons, always had a response. Have never heard of anybody else on this forum who hasn't been responded to eventually tbh.
Hi Christmasoompa,

Is this the right link?
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemai...mission=london

I sent a case specific email RE: change address & 9 months since AOR
on March 1st. Received no repply. I then sent another email last week.
Sadly, I still heard nothing and the ECAS still shows my old address and "received by visa office".

Can you please advise me what I should do next?

Thank you very much!

Last edited by Can2010; Mar 30th 2011 at 10:27 am.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

VW092906 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Can2010
Hi Christmasoompa,

Is this the right link?

Sadly, I still heard nothing and the ECAS still shows my old address and "received by visa office".

Thank you very much!

I sent a case specific email March 2nd to change our address as well, ours also hasnt changed on ecas, and no reply email from them either. so I am in the same boat as you if it eases your mind at all. knowing you are in a similar situation as me with such a close date makes me not worry so much! but do please let me know if yours changes at all or you get a reply! lol
Old Mar 30th 2011, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by VW092906
I sent a case specific email March 2nd to change our address as well, ours also hasnt changed on ecas, and no reply email from them either. so I am in the same boat as you if it eases your mind at all. knowing you are in a similar situation as me with such a close date makes me not worry so much! but do please let me know if yours changes at all or you get a reply! lol
Thanks for that, I do feel better now lol.

Will let you know if there is any news.
for you too!
Old Mar 30th 2011, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Can2010
Hi Christmasoompa,

Is this the right link?

Thank you very much!
that is the link I used - not that it means anything......

I hope you hear something soon
Old Mar 30th 2011, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Caleo. Hope you'll get your PR visa soon
Old Apr 1st 2011, 12:48 am
Account Closed

dtilley592 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Have you tried just sending an email direct to:

[email protected]

I sent a few emails to this address rather than using the case specific webform and I tended to get a response within 3 or 4 days.

Good luck
Old Apr 1st 2011, 2:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-gb; HTC Desire Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Originally Posted by dtilley592

Hi all,

Have you tried just sending an email direct to:

[email protected]

I sent a few emails to this address rather than using the case specific webform and I tended to get a response within 3 or 4 days.

Good luck
That was the email address I used initially re medical missing so have been ignored by both
Old Apr 1st 2011, 2:46 am
Just Joined

Omoluabi has a brilliant futureOmoluabi has a brilliant futureOmoluabi has a brilliant futureOmoluabi has a brilliant futureOmoluabi has a brilliant futureOmoluabi has a brilliant futureOmoluabi has a brilliant future

I have tried to reach the visa office too through the email address and the case specific emails to no avail. It's been 45 months already since my application started and 8 months after my medicals. Really tired of the waiting game.
Old Apr 1st 2011, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

Mdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really niceMdunny is just really nice

Originally Posted by VW092906
i sent a case specific email to change my address and it was never updated but also my PPR letter was sent to my 'old' address aabout 3 weeks later. it worked out ok, cos the address where the PPR was sent is where my sponsor lived while I was back in Ireland.