Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Old Jul 26th 2013, 6:33 pm
Sunny Alberta!

Geordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to all
Default Re: Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Originally Posted by MrWindUpBird
I finally heard from CIC last night - it turns out that my COPR was issued in May, but never turned up. (Paid the RPRF and "Decision Made" way back in March). Now I'm hoping I can get the replacement document in time to land before my medical expires in a couple of weeks.

I am unable to understand why they can't send such an important document via courier or signed-for mail. I'd quite happily pay for it.

Do I need anything else when I go to the border? GTF list I know (Although I have no goods) but photos for PR card etc?
Oh god how annoying and frustrating for you guys that's awful! I wondered if ours had got lost in the mail as well, as our PR approval was missing for 3 months and we couldn't do anything without the sticker on the front. Lets hope your COPR arrives very soon. Do you still need a recent medical anyway? We had confirmation that even though ours had expired (done May 2012) we wouldn't have to have them redone. Surely you've passed that stage already???

Last edited by Geordielass; Jul 26th 2013 at 6:36 pm.
Old Jul 26th 2013, 6:35 pm
Sunny Alberta!

Geordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Lloydies
Brilliant news. Finger crossed for you I heard recently of a guy receiving his letter only one week after the decision made status.
Thanks Lloydies that would be fantastic, but given our track record im not banking on it lol!!!
Old Jul 26th 2013, 6:39 pm
Sunny Alberta!

Good karma for the weekend everyone and lets hope things are starting to move for all of us still waiting
Old Jul 26th 2013, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

MrWindUpBird is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Geordielass
Oh god how annoying and frustrating for you guys that's awful! I wondered if ours had got lost in the mail as well, as our PR approval was missing for 3 months and we couldn't do anything without the sticker on the front. Lets hope your COPR arrives very soon. Do you still need a recent medical anyway? We had confirmation that even though ours had expired (done May 2012) we wouldn't have to have them redone. Surely you've passed that stage already???
I think they can be extended, but there's a whole process to go through getting approval to do that, so I'd rather just get it done!
Old Jul 26th 2013, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

DoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Lloydies
Brilliant news. Finger crossed for you I heard recently of a guy receiving his letter only one week after the decision made status.
Originally Posted by MrWindUpBird
I finally heard from CIC last night - it turns out that my COPR was issued in May, but never turned up. (Paid the RPRF and "Decision Made" way back in March). Now I'm hoping I can get the replacement document in time to land before my medical expires in a couple of weeks.

I am unable to understand why they can't send such an important document via courier or signed-for mail. I'd quite happily pay for it.

Do I need anything else when I go to the border? GTF list I know (Although I have no goods) but photos for PR card etc?
Omg that's my biggest nightmare just came true for you. I hope that hasn't happened with ours. Our decision made was 8th May and fees paid 10th may so I'm shocked and very worried that we have not heard anything and now no reply to my email either. Extremely worried.
Old Jul 29th 2013, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really niceLloydies is just really nice

Originally Posted by DoyleLinda
Omg that's my biggest nightmare just came true for you. I hope that hasn't happened with ours. Our decision made was 8th May and fees paid 10th may so I'm shocked and very worried that we have not heard anything and now no reply to my email either. Extremely worried.
Nightmare indeed. They should definitely post them registered or by courier. That happened to us with a work permit, and I had to wait 6 weeks before they would issue another just in case it turned up!

I hope your paperwork comes through very soon
Old Aug 1st 2013, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

milinky21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all you frustrated folks!

Had a query and wondered whether anyone could help me out.

In June we were asked for the RPRF payment. I paid it and emailed a copy of the receipt as requested. I had no response from the email address I sent it to. Did anyone else get a confirmation that the payment was received? Should it show up on your online status like the medical records received does?

I just emailed them again and this time sent it to two email addresses so hopefully I will hear something but just curious to know what 'should' happen.

I'm sure you can all sympathize, it's just so frustrating. We sent our application a year ago and online it is still just reading 'application received'....grrrrr.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Dorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milinky21

In June we were asked for the RPRF payment. I paid it and emailed a copy of the receipt as requested. I had no response from the email address I sent it to. Did anyone else get a confirmation that the payment was received? Should it show up on your online status like the medical records received does?

I just emailed them again and this time sent it to two email addresses so hopefully I will hear something but just curious to know what 'should' happen.

I'm sure you can all sympathize, it's just so frustrating. We sent our application a year ago and online it is still just reading 'application received'....grrrrr.
Yeah - its a familiar pattern. I don't recall any formal receipt as such - but a few weeks later we got ' we started processing your...blah blah on ' or words to that effect. Do sympathize though.
Old Aug 1st 2013, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

DoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by milinky21

Hi, I had the same query and because I heard nothing after submitting the fees back on May 10th, I emailed them. They confirmed they received the fees but they could not comment on when we would receive the COPR. We have decision made status since the same date. Very frustrated at the length of time it is taking. It will be exactly 12 months since we first started the process this month, not including the 9 weeks prior to that for nomination.
Old Aug 2nd 2013, 12:24 am
BE Enthusiast

vinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond repute

Unhappy news.

CPP-O e-mailed me yest. (7/31st) demanding all 3 of my Police Reports (U.K., Oz, & U.S.) by 8/31st. 20mins later s/he e-mailed me again saying that s/he'd just found the U.K. & Oz police reports (which've both actually been in my physical case-file since 2/2013; these having arrived at CPP-O within a few days of each other, & hence presumably being located next door to each other within my case-file), but s/he still demanded my U.S. (F.B.I.) report by 8/31st.

If this evident clown at CPP-O'd had the gumption to continue looking through my physical case-file, s/he'd have shortly found my squeaky-clean F.B.I. police clearance document contained therein as well (having been received & signed-for at CPP-O in mid-April).

Apart from the courier's record of the U.S./F.B.I. police report's successful (& duly signed-for) delivery to CPP-O's Mail Room in mid-April, I've got two separate previous e-mailed responses from CPP-O dated in May & July which both say that they were in possession of all 3 of my police clearance reports, none missing.

So, the unhappy news for us is that certainly some of the staffers at CPP-O clearly aren't what we'd call out on the oilfields 'the sharpest tools in the box'. And by the idiomatic use of English in the e-mails that I received yest., it's clear to me that this person is actually a subcontinental-Canadian career bureaucrat of low IQ.

When I called CIC today to express myself ("WTF?!"), the very helpful Quebecois gent that I was put through to suggested that I might do 3 things to help my case move forward:

(1.) that I should politely respond to CPP-O's demand for the U.S./F.B.I. documentation by gently suggesting to the twerp that s/he might want to at least consider re-opening my case-file & then using her/his highly-evolved ocular function in order to search therein for the supposedly missing U.S. police report;

(2.) that I should visit the local MP's office here in Edmonton in order to get them to give CPP-O's management a swift kick in the behind; &

(3.) that, if neither (1.) nor (2.) works in the coming days/weeks, that I'd certainly be welcome to call CIC back in order that I could then (if I might choose to do so) thereby lodge a formal complaint against CPP-O for their screaming incompetence.

(1.) was done today, very politely, by e-mail, by fax, & also by letter couriering overnight tonight from Edmonton to Ottawa.
(2.) will happen on Tuesday when I'll be heading to our local MP's office.
(3.) will not be in any doubt if I don't get sure satisfaction within days/weeks.

Enough's enough. If the fools at CPP-O had been bothered to keep my e-CAS page regularly updated, then I'd have known long before last night's imposed 31d deadline that there was apparently some kind of problem with my police reports not having been acknowledged.

So the message is clear to me: one simply has to keep bugging them to acknowledge their receipt of each piece of the PR process/puzzle.

Good luck to all.

My journey towards Canadian PR via PNP (no immigration lawyer retained at any stage):
TWP#1 (09/2010, for 1yr).
TWP#2 (10/2011, for 1yr).
TWP#3 (10/2012, for 2yrs, after ticking “Temp. with intent to perm.” box on LMO application).
AINP (11/2012; ~3wks to be processed & approved, after one query back for a clarification).
PR application sent to CIO, Sydney, NS (01/2013).
Receipt acknowledged by CIO & simultaneously by CPP-O (02/2013).
U.K. Police Clearance Report forwarded to CPP-O (02/2013).
Australian Police Clearance Report + Driver Record forwarded to CPP-O (02/2013).
Medical requested by CIC/CPP-O (02/2013).
Medical done in Seattle, WA (03/2013).
U.S. (F.B.I.) Police Clearance Report forwarded to CPP-O (04/2013).
Medical results acknowledged on the e-CAS system (05/2013).
RPRF requested by CIC/CPP-O (06/2013).
e-CAS only acknowledging receipt of the Application & Medical.
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

mamtaman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, Canadian Experience class.
File recieved Jan 7th
email of confirmation from CIO 17th February
and was forwarded to Ottawa.

I haven't heard anything since.
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

mamtaman is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm just curious to know if anyone has any confirmation of residency being approved, or any update on their status of the application since the strikes have been going on?
Old Aug 3rd 2013, 9:11 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mamtaman
I'm just curious to know if anyone has any confirmation of residency being approved, or any update on their status of the application since the strikes have been going on?
Yes - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=900 - I would suggest reading through the last few pages of this thread for further information.

Old Aug 4th 2013, 10:51 pm
Sunny Alberta!

Originally Posted by mamtaman
Hi yes we finally got our on 23rd July after paying the fee on April 2nd, so its been 4 months. It arrived through the mail on April 2nd. Weve got family visiting here, and were busy moving so I haven't been on here for a while. Good luck to everyone still waiting

Last edited by Geordielass; Aug 4th 2013 at 10:54 pm.
Old Aug 6th 2013, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Geordielass
Hi yes we finally got our on 23rd July after paying the fee on April 2nd, so its been 4 months. It arrived through the mail on April 2nd. Weve got family visiting here, and were busy moving so I haven't been on here for a while. Good luck to everyone still waiting
Congratulations Geordielass. I am getting sooooo worried and upset because we paid our ROPR fees on May 10th and still havent heard a word. They wont answer my last two emails either. We have just come back after being away for a week and I had hoped to find the COPR in the mail box but no, its not there. It is exactly 12 weeks this week and I cannot understand why it is taking so long. I am going to go to my MP this week because my work permit expires at the end of this month and I had hoped we would not have to pay for another work permit and 3 kids study permits again. I am soooo upset that I am scared to ask them for any more updates. Its a horrible feeling, but I am happy for all of you who have had the good fortune to get your COPR letters so quickly. I will keep you all posted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.