British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/case-processing-pilot-ottawa-timelines-please-add-your-experiences-739600/)

Mad Jockette Jan 19th 2012 10:30 pm

Re: Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Originally Posted by gracey1982 (Post 9853230)
Just got my passport request from Buffalo. Wooo!!!

Congratulations :thumbsup:

gracey1982 Jan 20th 2012 1:35 am

Well technically its not a passport request. You now only have to send a scanned copy of every page of your passport (even the blank ones) and 2 more photos and confirm your height and eye color.

The final process is getting issued your PR confirmation and then you have to do a border crossing and get stamped in on the way back into Canada according to my immigration advisor. Not quite there but soo close.

I won't be happy until I have my passport stamped to be honest but I can't complain. The pilot scheme certainly sped things up. Medicals in November and passport request mid Jan means an 8 week turn around including the xmas holidays. Fingers crossed for every one else.

Lee

DandNHill Jan 20th 2012 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by gracey1982 (Post 9853692)
Fingers crossed for every one else.

Lee

I second that. My teenage boys so desperately want part time jobs and can't wait...

snowcandy Jan 20th 2012 3:31 pm

I know there are a few of us who are starting to wonder if our applications have fallen down the back of someones desk.:frown:

We have a daughter due to go to Uni in Spetember and at this rate that ain't gonna be happening :(

Just wondering if the cases going through so quick are individuals or families???

AINP Applicant Jan 20th 2012 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by snowcandy (Post 9854766)
I know there are a few of us who are starting to wonder if our applications have fallen down the back of someones desk.:frown:

We have a daughter due to go to Uni in Spetember and at this rate that ain't gonna be happening :(

Just wondering if the cases going through so quick are individuals or families???

There is another thread on Canada Visa, and my understanding is:

Individual Applicant - Super Fast 3-4 months
Families - 6-7 months

AINP Applicant Jan 20th 2012 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by gracey1982 (Post 9853692)
Well technically its not a passport request. You now only have to send a scanned copy of every page of your passport (even the blank ones) and 2 more photos and confirm your height and eye color.

The final process is getting issued your PR confirmation and then you have to do a border crossing and get stamped in on the way back into Canada according to my immigration advisor. Not quite there but soo close.

I won't be happy until I have my passport stamped to be honest but I can't complain. The pilot scheme certainly sped things up. Medicals in November and passport request mid Jan means an 8 week turn around including the xmas holidays. Fingers crossed for every one else.

Lee

Hey I had only send my passport and no copies! Could you please share the details of your email.

snowcandy Jan 20th 2012 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by DandNHill (Post 9854442)
I second that. My teenage boys so desperately want part time jobs and can't wait...

Know just what you mean, it's so frustrating for them, especially when they are so keen to work. Our daughter was 16 when we arrived and has been desperate to get a part time job so she can enjoy her social life to the full. She turns 18 in 2 weeks so she can then apply for her own work permit here in Alberta, on the back of the TWP. Not sure if there is a similar scheme where you are, I believe there is a scheme running in Ontario too.

However she is having to put going to Uni on hold because she there is no way we are going to be able to afford international student fees. It's a real shame for her because having been here just over a year she has made some good friends she would love to go off to school with, but will now probably have to wait until the following year.

We emailed Ottawa earlier this week because we are still waiting for them to send my stepson in the UK his medical request, which they forgot to do in October when they sent ours.

snowcandy Jan 20th 2012 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by AINP Applicant (Post 9854786)
There is another thread on Canada Visa, and my understanding is:

Individual Applicant - Super Fast 3-4 months
Families - 6-7 months

Really, will have a look, thanks. There are 6 of us (including stepson in UK):(

AINP Applicant Jan 20th 2012 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by snowcandy (Post 9854791)
Really, will have a look, thanks. There are 6 of us (including stepson in UK):(

Just read others experiences and gauge from that. Everyone has their timelines posted there. And there is something knowna s GCMS/CAPIS notes maybe you should request that.

snowcandy Jan 20th 2012 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by AINP Applicant (Post 9854792)
Just read others experiences and gauge from that. Everyone has their timelines posted there. And there is something knowna s GCMS/CAPIS notes maybe you should request that.

Thanks, how do we go about that??

AINP Applicant Jan 20th 2012 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by snowcandy (Post 9854811)
Thanks, how do we go about that??

I am really not too sure. But let me find this post on Canada Visa. I have found that blog very helpful. Ask SinpGuy or Troganman, TAnoshi. They are all very helpful.

AINP Applicant Jan 20th 2012 4:02 pm

I have sent you a personal message. I know this blog site won't let me post it!

snowcandy Jan 20th 2012 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by AINP Applicant (Post 9854828)
I have sent you a personal message. I know this blog site won't let me post it!

Thanks. Also found a thread on here, with this link, if anyone is interested might be worth a go very soon......

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...uests-atip.asp

snowcandy Jan 25th 2012 2:55 pm

Quick update- Having emailed CPP at Ottawa last week, we have had a response to say sorry but they should have issued the other med request by now and will get straight onto it. Everyting else is in order and we should be all completed in 2-3 months yay! :fingerscrossed:

Anyone else heard anything?

DandNHill Jan 25th 2012 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by snowcandy (Post 9864668)
Quick update- Having emailed CPP at Ottawa last week, we have had a response to say sorry but they should have issued the other med request by now and will get straight onto it. Everyting else is in order and we should be all completed in 2-3 months yay! :fingerscrossed:

Anyone else heard anything?

Other med request????:confused: