Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Old Mar 19th 2013, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

MrWindUpBird is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Originally Posted by Dorftrottel
Wow! Thanks Icecream -that sounds good to me. Things are getting clearer by the day. Did you have to do the popping out the country bit?
If you're just extending a normal TWP (i.e. not an IEC-type thing) you won't have to flagpole. At least, that's been my experience - I just received the new document in the mail.

You can only apply for an extension three months in advance of your WP expiry date.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 6:21 pm
Love & Peace

icecream is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow! Thanks Icecream -that sounds good to me. Things are getting clearer by the day. Did you have to do the popping out the country bit?
I didn't go out of the country though ever since I sent my application for PR and I applied online for the work permit extesnion it took about two months for renewel. I would suggest you apply couple month before it expires but no big deal if your work permit has expired and the new one didn't come yet you can continue working and you can send this link to your employer

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcen...asp?q=189&t=17

Good Luck!!
Old Mar 19th 2013, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Dorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Icecream and Windupbird for your replies. Things are a little clearer now.

Finally, last question. Reading all the threads and the Ottawa Plot regarding waiting times for PNP. Am I right in interpreting their waiting time update that if a PNP was accepted in Ottawa on 29 Mar 12 there is a realistic assumption that it may get looked at prior to August? I know things cannot be guaranteed - but am I reading it right?
Old Mar 19th 2013, 10:56 pm
Love & Peace

Thank you Icecream and Windupbird for your replies. Things are a little clearer now.

Finally, last question. Reading all the threads and the Ottawa Plot regarding waiting times for PNP. Am I right in interpreting their waiting time update that if a PNP was accepted in Ottawa on 29 Mar 12 there is a realistic assumption that it may get looked at prior to August? I know things cannot be guaranteed - but am I reading it right?
This one is hard to say anything about....if you read all the threads you might have an idea by now that how interesting it is the way they are dealing with the files . I was told that I will hear something from them before or by Fep 28, 2012 because I am April 2011 applicant. I continued with the wait game with more excitement that I will hear this month for sure......heck no. There was nothing at all.
So I followed up with them last week after few emails i finally got the RPRF request with half of the information missing in the email....I hope you don't have to go through all this. All and all each application is different...let life unfold it for you
One thing is for sure no one else can teach you what patience is better than CIC
Old Mar 21st 2013, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

Dorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond repute

Sure - thanks Icecream - must admit I am pretty chilled about the whole thing, just trying to shoot any problems down before they occur and try and look through all the fog and confusion after reading through the mass of information and abbreviations etc.

Really hope you get the word soon!
Old Mar 21st 2013, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

MrWindUpBird is on a distinguished road

So last night I received a letter via email:

"The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete." along with a request to pay the RPRF.

Then it gets a bit confusing:

"you do not need to submit original passports to finalize your application."

OK, great, but then no mention of whether I should send copies of my passport... Not sure whether to just send them anyway (It's very little effort for me to email them along with my receipt for RPRF payment).
Old Mar 21st 2013, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MrWindUpBird

"The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete." along with a request to pay the RPRF.

OK, great, but then no mention of whether I should send copies of my passport... Not sure whether to just send them anyway (It's very little effort for me to email them along with my receipt for RPRF payment).
Send them a quick e-mail and ask them. They'll likely reply quite quickly now your case is complete. (Congratulations by the way).

I got this in my passport request, but then, I was asked to send to Detroit. I believe Ottawa now takes them too, so the whole procedure may have changed:

3. Passport(s)

If you are a citizen of a country that is required to obtain a visa to visit Canada, you are required to submit your original passport and the original passport of any accompanying family member. If you are a citizen from a country that is exempted to obtain a visa to visit Canada under Regulation 190 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, you are only required to send a copy of your passport and of the passport of any accompanying family member.

To find out if you are visa-exempt or not under Regulation 190, consult this CIC webpage.

We require a VALID passport for you and for every accompanying family member. Passports for you and all accompanying family members must be submitted together. There must be at least one blank visa page in each passport. If there are children included in your passport there must be blank visa pages for them as well. Please note that Immigrant visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 5:51 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Just send in what they ask for!
Old Mar 21st 2013, 6:45 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

HI

Well the posted processing time is 13 months in Ottawa, It will be looked at, but it won't be finalized by August.
Old Mar 21st 2013, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

alexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nice

They are only asking for hard copies if you require photos. I've also read elsewhere that in some cases they don't even require email copies - they go off the ones you sent on application.
Old Mar 23rd 2013, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

Hi everyone sorry to bug you all again. It seems that after I awoke from hibernation and started asking questions - I got a reply from Ottawa asking for me to pay RPRF and also to update my particulars from last year - of which there is no update. Does anyone know the format I have to put - 'nothing new to report' - on or do I just write them a letter saying that. Cheers everyone!!
Old Mar 24th 2013, 12:52 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Hi everyone sorry to bug you all again. It seems that after I awoke from hibernation and started asking questions - I got a reply from Ottawa asking for me to pay RPRF and also to update my particulars from last year - of which there is no update. Does anyone know the format I have to put - 'nothing new to report' - on or do I just write them a letter saying that. Cheers everyone!!
No, you complete a new Schedule A and send that.
Old Mar 24th 2013, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute

We got this e-mail almost 2 weeks ago. We instantly sent the payment and 2 days later our status changed to decision made. We have not had a request to send either copies or originals of our passports. I guess that if they want them they will ask or the copies that we supplied with our initial application will suffice.
There's no need to second guess CIC. As Jim says "just send what they ask for", no more, no less.
Good luck
Old Mar 25th 2013, 2:35 pm
Love & Peace

It was the same case in mine and i asked them about where i am supposed to update the history as there was no form or link to a from in email...so I got response back to write in the same email about the history, as nothing was new in my case either i am still with the same employer and living on same address so i wrote that in the reply and also attached my receipt for the RPRF payment in the same email.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

JAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant future

ive just actually spoke to a real person from cic,about my none process in process application!.she told me that she doesnt have access to my file,but she will e mail the relevant department and i will receive a call back within 5 business days.i wonder if i will get the call,or is it just another fob off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.