Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Old Jun 3rd 2012, 3:00 am
Just Joined

Gaurav_OT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

I think you guys are thinking too much about it...they have brought jobs to Canadians
...i assume that they have enough staff now...it was a pilot project last year which worked well and now they launched it full fledged.....
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 5:00 am
Just Joined

florinteb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sharaik
For those people who already did get PPR from Ottawa, how long did it take to get PPR once your ecas went to IN PROCESS? I am already at the 15 months mark, i wonder how much longer it will take..

I doubt it will be further transferred to another consulate after detroit. Once Ottawa sends PPR they will ask you to send your file to another consulate but I dont think they will transfer it any further. Ottawa is the new center for PR Applications for within Canada!!
I am going by what the others on this forum have posted, their files were transfered to a consulate in the US for COPR and visa issue.
The visa has to be added into your passport at a consulate or embassy, and there are no consulates and embassies of Canada in Canada, as far as i know.

Last edited by florinteb; Jun 3rd 2012 at 5:02 am. Reason: correction
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

sharaik is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by florinteb
I am going by what the others on this forum have posted, their files were transfered to a consulate in the US for COPR and visa issue.
The visa has to be added into your passport at a consulate or embassy, and there are no consulates and embassies of Canada in Canada, as far as i know.
I am March 2011 Applicant and it has been 15 months now. 3 weeks ago my status changed to IN PROCESS, and so did a few other march applicants' statuses as well. I am wondering does it mean that the file has been transferred to Ottawa? Or any other consulate. I am trying to figure out how much longer wait is expected..

My Medicals are going to expire in September too, so how does that work? I hope they dont issue me a visa in lets say in august to land and just give a few weeks worth visa?
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sharaik
I am March 2011 Applicant and it has been 15 months now. 3 weeks ago my status changed to IN PROCESS, and so did a few other march applicants' statuses as well. I am wondering does it mean that the file has been transferred to Ottawa? Or any other consulate. I am trying to figure out how much longer wait is expected..

My Medicals are going to expire in September too, so how does that work? I hope they dont issue me a visa in lets say in august to land and just give a few weeks worth visa?
Oh, uau, that is crazy, it was just 3 weeks ago that your aplication status changed? My aplication status changed to in process before they email the medical request, so at about 4 months after AOR. Where did you apply and on what class? I am just wondering what happened. i sure hope i dont have to wait that long, i am sure you didnt expect it either.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

sharaik is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, uau, that is crazy, it was just 3 weeks ago that your aplication status changed? My aplication status changed to in process before they email the medical request, so at about 4 months after AOR. Where did you apply and on what class? I am just wondering what happened. i sure hope i dont have to wait that long, i am sure you didnt expect it either.

I applied March 2011 to Buffalo, PNP. I think you might have applied after september and what ottawa did was if they were handling your case they would put it in process and issue MR. Then have BF Dates and if documents came back they would give PR. Now, my file was with Buffalo all this time and with them now closing it has been transferred to ottawa. It just changed to IN PROCESS, i thought that in process means all paperwork is done..
Old Jun 5th 2012, 3:20 am
Just Joined

Gaurav_OT is an unknown quantity at this point

i just talked to my friend who applied under PNP category. application received at CIO, sydney on April 13, AOR + medical on May 13, Medical done May 17.
he is getting it real quick...
Old Jun 5th 2012, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

OPPOP is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got Passport Request from Buffalo. They asked me to send it to Detroit. I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!

This is my timeline:

We received your application for permanent residence on July 21, 2011.

Acknowledge of receipt from Ottawa on October 28

Medical exam requested November 23, 2011

Medical exam sent December 13, 2011

We started processing your application on December 14, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

Received an email regarding that my medical exam has passed and I should wait for further instructions January 4, 2012

Application was finalized February 20, 2012

Passport Request June 5, 2012
Old Jun 5th 2012, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by OPPOP
Just got Passport Request from Buffalo. They asked me to send it to Detroit. I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!

This is my timeline:

Received an email regarding that my medical exam has passed and I should wait for further instructions January 4, 2012

Super!
It took a while from "finalized" to passport request, but it all happend in less than 12 months, so they are trying to stick with their 10-12 months deadline, and is reassuring for the rest of us still waiting.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Super!
It took a while from "finalized" to passport request, but it all happend in less than 12 months, so they are trying to stick with their 10-12 months deadline, and is reassuring for the rest of us still waiting.
Yeah, the time from finalizing my file to passport request was painfully slow!
Old Jun 5th 2012, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

waterfall will become famous soon enough

Hi Everyone,

First of all congratulations to those of you who had their visas recently and good luck for those waiting.
I would really appreciate if someone would be able to clear my confusion a little bit.
We are currently living in the US and we just applied under federal Skilled Worker Category 2 with an AEO and our application was received on May 28th 2012 (last Monday). I just knew about the change of May 29th (Buffalo Visa office being closed).
Well, when we applied we didn't know about that and we chose Buffalo as it is the closest visa office to us. From the CIC website I can understand that our application will automatically be redirected to Ottawa (this is if we get the acceptance and meet the required points).
Now my question is: If Ottawa visa office wants us to have an interview at the end of the process. Should we go there or can we have it here in the US at any canadian consulate or visa office because it doesn't make sense to have our passport and visa stamped inside Canada. I read here that some people are crossing the border to do that. I'm so confused right now. So is Ottawa just processing and then the passports will then be sent out of canada again, let's say to the US for passports to be stamped? Am I correct? and what about our case do you think we will have the interview here in the US?

Thank you so much
Old Jun 6th 2012, 12:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OPPOP

This is my timeline:

Brilliant news
Old Jun 7th 2012, 4:29 am
Just Joined

Foto23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wondered if anyone else's application got transferred to Seattle from the pilot program? If so have you heard from them since your application was sent there? Mine was sent in January 2012, and I haven't heard a peep since!
Old Jun 7th 2012, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Foto23
Just wondered if anyone else's application got transferred to Seattle from the pilot program? If so have you heard from them since your application was sent there? Mine was sent in January 2012, and I haven't heard a peep since!
Did you contact them to get an update?
Old Jun 8th 2012, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

No idea whatsoever where our application is!!! We got an email stating it had been transferred to the office we had requested on the app (did we??) on 19th april and nothing since...
Old Jun 8th 2012, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DandNHill
No idea whatsoever where our application is!!! We got an email stating it had been transferred to the office we had requested on the app (did we??) on 19th april and nothing since...
You just applied, it can take several months till you get your medical request.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.