Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Old Apr 11th 2012, 2:39 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Originally Posted by DandNHill
Has rubberduck been extra lucky because he applied after the rules changed once again effective dec 1st? You guys all applied before....
Can you please enlighten me as to the new rules then? They say they still got transferred onto the Pilot Scheme in Ottawa like everyone so not sure why it's gone through quicker than everyone else?????
Old Apr 11th 2012, 3:21 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
Thanks guys.

I sent doc's to Buffalo late December and was put into the Ottawa CPP. Did med's in late January. Transferred back to Buffalo late March, PPR 2 weeks after that.
AINP website states As of December 1, 2011 all Provincial Nominees must apply for permanent residence through the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) Centralized Intake Office (CIO) at the Central Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada. Do not submit your application to any other CIC office.

I am still really confused over your application timeline rubberduck and am not convinced that you were part of the batch of files that went to Ottawa for expediated processing on the pilot scheme the rest of us are on. No offence but if this is the case your posting on this thread is not relevant and misleading to the rest of us waiting very impatiently
Old Apr 11th 2012, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

"Your application is part of a group of files that has been transferred from the Buffalo visa office to the Case Processing Pilot-Ottawa (“CPP-O”) office to speed up the creation and processing of your application. All enquiries and correspondence must be addressed to the CPP-O office, unless directed otherwise."

edit: ah I see what you're getting at! My doc's went to CIC, not Buffalo!

Last edited by rubberduckofdeath; Apr 11th 2012 at 3:29 pm.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 3:39 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

"Your application is part of a group of files that has been transferred from the Buffalo visa office to the Case Processing Pilot-Ottawa (“CPP-O”) office to speed up the creation and processing of your application. All enquiries and correspondence must be addressed to the CPP-O office, unless directed otherwise."

OK. It looks like we just applied 4 months too early. So it is just a pure lottery now then

So frustrating. I am really starting to feel for all those poor applicants still stuck in the system from years ago.

What really p's me off is the way that nothing is done by date order here, it's all so hit and miss. You go crazy getting everything done asap. They tell you they are going to speed up your processing, when in fact we may as well have waited 4 months, applied and beaten all the others in the line, then our daughter could have gone to Uni this year

So then yesterday I get a Jury Summons request! We don't even have our permanent residence yet, let alone citizenship, so what a waste of money sending out the letter. You would think they would take names off a voters register

Rant over, for today.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 3:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

That's the immigration system for you. I've still got a 2 year old FSW cat 1 application running. As soon as my COPR turns up in the post, I'll cancel that and get my fees back.

Hope you all get sorted soon!
Old Apr 12th 2012, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

KeithSonja will become famous soon enoughKeithSonja will become famous soon enough

I've got to fly to Colorado for work in two weeks - my husband said that it will be just our luck they request Passports just before I'm about to fly!!
Old Apr 12th 2012, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

OPPOP is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KeithSonja
I've got to fly to Colorado for work in two weeks - my husband said that it will be just our luck they request Passports just before I'm about to fly!!
I hope so, we should get the PPR at the same time as our processing time is so close.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 2:22 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

edit: ah I see what you're getting at! My doc's went to CIC, not Buffalo!
Clear as mud now, lol. The whole system is a total shambles

Anyway I hope you have your pasports off in the mail by now rubberduck
Old Apr 12th 2012, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by KeithSonja
Most people are able to just send off photocopies of every page of their passport now it seems, rather than the whole passport

Originally Posted by snowcandy
Clear as mud now, lol. The whole system is a total shambles

Anyway I hope you have your pasports off in the mail by now rubberduck
They went off Express about 5 hours after I got the email Should arrive today or tomorrow I guess
Old Apr 12th 2012, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Most people are able to just send off photocopies of every page of their passport now it seems, rather than the whole passport

They went off Express about 5 hours after I got the email Should arrive today or tomorrow I guess
Yippee!!!!
Old Apr 16th 2012, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

I am hoping for this week PPR!!!
Old Apr 16th 2012, 6:13 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

Originally Posted by OPPOP
I am hoping for this week PPR!!!
OMG OPPOP! Don't do that, I saw you'd posted and I thought you got your request

One of us has to hear this week pleeeeease
Old Apr 17th 2012, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

OMG OPPOP! Don't do that, I saw you'd posted and I thought you got your request

One of us has to hear this week pleeeeease
I think one of us will hear something this week.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 2:12 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

Thought it was never gonna happen- passport requests just came through... oh yeah!
Old Apr 19th 2012, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

Hermione has a reputation beyond reputeHermione has a reputation beyond reputeHermione has a reputation beyond reputeHermione has a reputation beyond reputeHermione has a reputation beyond reputeHermione has a reputation beyond reputeHermione has a reputation beyond reputeHermione has a reputation beyond reputeHermione has a reputation beyond reputeHermione has a reputation beyond reputeHermione has a reputation beyond repute

Thought it was never gonna happen- passport requests just came through... oh yeah!
Hurray! Congrats! Hoping this is a good sign for others on here on similar timelines (although our file was transferred back from Ottawa on Feb 22 so you've now beat us!)....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.