British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/case-processing-pilot-ottawa-timelines-please-add-your-experiences-739600/)

wolstie Mar 1st 2012 7:27 pm

Re: Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Originally Posted by snowcandy (Post 9929833)
From what we are hearing on here and elsewhere Ottawa do seem to be pretty good at answering emails and giving a bit more info on the current state of cases, despite not updating ECAS.

Good Luck Wolstie, hope you hear good news from Buffalo soon:fingerscrossed:

Thanks Snowcandy - getting fed up with the waiting now!

ness101 Mar 1st 2012 7:35 pm

Hi

Have just come across this thread and feel better about waiting times now we know we are in this scheme.

AINP received: August 2011
PR sent to NS: 6 January 2012
Monies taken from card: 1 February 2012
Further info request: 29 Feb 2012

It's great they seem to be approachable and pleasant in Ottowa. Thanks to everyone who has posted here. :)

snowcandy Mar 5th 2012 7:46 pm

Ecas now updated to say medicals received, hopefully a little closer :fingerscrossed:

snowcandy Mar 9th 2012 2:54 pm

Any passport requests this week???:fingerscrossed:

snowcandy Mar 9th 2012 4:46 pm

Just got this email from Ottawa Pilot

Your file has been forwarded to our office in Buffalo for completion of processing. You should hear from them in 6-10 weeks about payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee and visa issuance procedures.

Good news yes... but another bloomin' wait. Problem is that as we have rep in way of company lawyer we don't pay the fee ourselves and they may wait until requested :thumbdown:

Is the fee request from Buffalo at the same time or before passport requests, I imagine it would be before. So frustrating this may hold it all up yet longer :frown:

Any thoughts anyone?

OPPOP Mar 9th 2012 5:04 pm

It seems like that Buffalo Is pretty slow in finalizing these. i received the email from Ottawa 3 weeks ago that my file is finalized, but haven't received passport request from Buffalo yet.

wolstie Mar 9th 2012 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by snowcandy (Post 9944758)
Just got this email from Ottawa Pilot

Your file has been forwarded to our office in Buffalo for completion of processing. You should hear from them in 6-10 weeks about payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee and visa issuance procedures.

Good news yes... but another bloomin' wait. Problem is that as we have rep in way of company lawyer we don't pay the fee ourselves and they may wait until requested :thumbdown:

Is the fee request from Buffalo at the same time or before passport requests, I imagine it would be before. So frustrating this may hold it all up yet longer :frown:

Any thoughts anyone?

I had a similar thread on this a while back - some say they ask for it together, some say they ask for it before.

Suppose it would make more sense to ask for them together. I'm planning on taking the passports to Buffalo, so would be handy to just take the cash with me rather than arseing around with bankers drafts and couriers.

snowcandy Mar 9th 2012 7:52 pm

Just to update our timeline

Scheme Applied Under: AINP
Date of PR Application: Aug 25 2011
Office sent to: Buffalo
Date File Transferred to Ottawa: Oct 27 2011
Date of Meds Request: Oct 27 2011
Date Medicals Sent: Nov18 2011
Date of Police Check Request: didn't get one
Date Police Check sent: Nov 2011
File returned to Buffalo for completion: Mar 9 2012
Passport Request:
PR:

Mad Jockette Mar 10th 2012 1:23 am

Originally Posted by snowcandy (Post 9945008)
Just to update our timeline

Scheme Applied Under: AINP
Date of PR Application: Aug 25 2011
Office sent to: Buffalo
Date File Transferred to Ottawa: Oct 27 2011
Date of Meds Request: Oct 27 2011
Date Medicals Sent: Nov18 2011
Date of Police Check Request: didn't get one
Date Police Check sent: Nov 2011
File returned to Buffalo for completion: Mar 9 2012
Passport Request:
PR:

Snowcandy,

BRILLIANT NEWS :thumbsup:

snowcandy Mar 10th 2012 1:28 am

Originally Posted by Mad Jockette (Post 9945342)
Snowcandy,

BRILLIANT NEWS :thumbsup:

Thank you so much. The lawyer has confirmed they are now sending the RTPR fee to Buffalo, so hopefully we will not be too far behind you with our passport requests:fingerscrossed:

Oh and ECAS was updated this week to say meds received.

Mad Jockette Mar 10th 2012 1:48 am

I am so pleased for you.

We got an e-mail yesterday asking for the extra docs they asked for. So I replied by telling them they will be with them by mid next weeks and gave then exact dates of posting. So hopefully we will also hear in the next few weeks. Might even see you at the border, dancing around the flagpole next to me!!!!!!!!:)

snowcandy Mar 10th 2012 2:14 am

Originally Posted by Mad Jockette (Post 9945367)
I am so pleased for you.

We got an e-mail yesterday asking for the extra docs they asked for. So I replied by telling them they will be with them by mid next weeks and gave then exact dates of posting. So hopefully we will also hear in the next few weeks. Might even see you at the border, dancing around the flagpole next to me!!!!!!!!:)

Hope yours all goes smoothly :fingerscrossed:

Haha, where are you planning to flagpole? We're not sure yet, suppose it really depends on the time of year that it eventually comes through and how much snow is still on the ground!

Mad Jockette Mar 10th 2012 2:20 am

Originally Posted by snowcandy (Post 9945401)
Hope yours all goes smoothly :fingerscrossed:

Haha, where are you planning to flagpole? We're not sure yet, suppose it really depends on the time of year that it eventually comes through and how much snow is still on the ground!

Also hope yours goes smoothly.:fingerscrossed:
Not sure on where yet to flagpole. It will just be a long weekend trip away.
So looking forward to the end of this process:)

KeithSonja Mar 10th 2012 2:50 pm

you don't have to flagpole these days, just book an appointment at your local CIC office and they can do it, somewhere on here is the details...

:thumbsup:

Keith

Mad Jockette Mar 10th 2012 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by KeithSonja (Post 9945929)
you don't have to flagpole these days, just book an appointment at your local CIC office and they can do it, somewhere on here is the details...

:thumbsup:

Keith

Thanks Keith
We need to look into it as I heard there was about a 6 week wait. I sound impatient but, we need to do this as soon as we can. Lots of reasons at the mo :)