Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Old Nov 16th 2013, 2:22 am
Just Joined

Dr.edgcumbe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Our timeline so far:

AINP application received: 5 February
AINP approved: 21 February

PNP received: 20 June
PNP acknowledgement of receipt (by e-mail): 20 August - file reviewed and appears complete
Med request: 22 August
Medical done shortly afterwards
E-cas reports medical results received

Very difficult to remain patient after the medicals have been done!
Old Nov 23rd 2013, 12:35 am
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute

Received our COPR today!
Old Nov 24th 2013, 8:27 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by albertabound
Received our COPR today!

Congrats!
Old Nov 24th 2013, 10:23 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by albertabound
Received our COPR today!
How time flies! Congratulations.
Old Nov 25th 2013, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you!

Yes it did take some time. We saw people apply after us and land well before us but I do believe it was purely timing/luck issues.
From them receiving our application to us receiving COPR was almost 29 months to the day. FSW2.
I had a couple of wobbles along the way but we got there

Now just to 'land' in the New Year. Too many Christmas parties to attend before then
Old Jan 18th 2014, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

ness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really nice

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has heard anything lately.

We have just passed the 2 year mark since submitting our application and are still 'in process'

Our medicals have run out, we've paid our fees and still we wait .................!
Old May 6th 2014, 12:27 am
Just Joined

Cam1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone:

I need your advice. Ecas became "Decision Made" for me finally in early March but no one contacted me after a month. In early April I wrote to CCP and got a short email that your COPR was mailed to you on the 3rd of March and to be patient.

I wrote back that the COPR must have gotten lost. I live in the US now and most applicants inside US get their COPR in 7 days... I got no response... Well on the 3rd of this month I wrote them an Update that 2 months have past, and I still did not receive the COPR... and nothing. I have no idea when they will decide to send me another.

This is so frustrating because I need to organize our move, with the busy summer months coming, and I can do nothing without knowing when I will get the COPR. I understand that their application process is complicated and one needs to be patient... and we were. But now we are "decision made," and the document THEY sent is lost. Why are we being punished and kept in the dark. If they would only say when they would send another it would be much easier for my family.

Anyway, if anyone has any advice to help my case I would be most grateful. Many thanks,
Cam
Old May 6th 2014, 12:34 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cam1234
Hello everyone:

I need your advice. Ecas became "Decision Made" for me finally in early March but no one contacted me after a month. In early April I wrote to CCP and got a short email that your COPR was mailed to you on the 3rd of March and to be patient.

I wrote back that the COPR must have gotten lost. I live in the US now and most applicants inside US get their COPR in 7 days... I got no response... Well on the 3rd of this month I wrote them an Update that 2 months have past, and I still did not receive the COPR... and nothing. I have no idea when they will decide to send me another.

This is so frustrating because I need to organize our move, with the busy summer months coming, and I can do nothing without knowing when I will get the COPR. I understand that their application process is complicated and one needs to be patient... and we were. But now we are "decision made," and the document THEY sent is lost. Why are we being punished and kept in the dark. If they would only say when they would send another it would be much easier for my family.

Anyway, if anyone has any advice to help my case I would be most grateful. Many thanks,
Cam
Welcome to BE!

How frustrating for you..

Have you checked that ECAS has your correct address?

If it does, I would send an email (reply to the email they sent you) - put 'Urgent - missing COPR' and your UCI number in the subject line, make sure you give all details (name, address, d.o.b. UCI number etc.,) and explain the problem again. State that it has been over 8 weeks since it was mailed and ask them for the tracking information. It's likely been returned to them by now, but you could use the tracking info to ascertain where it is. Ask them to re-issue as a matter of some urgency.

Do you know what date your COPR expires? (Normally the 1 year anniversary of your medical, or your passport expiration date - which ever is soonest). If it is relatively soon I would make a point of informing them of that as well.

If you don't hear back from them within a couple of days, send a case specific enquiry or a fax. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ada/ottawa.asp

Last edited by Siouxie; May 6th 2014 at 12:59 am.
Old May 6th 2014, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

oliverjude will become famous soon enougholiverjude will become famous soon enough

We got are Decision Made today

They have had are passports since April 21st....how much longer!!
Old May 6th 2014, 1:01 am
Banned

Originally Posted by oliverjude
We got are Decision Made today

They have had are passports since April 21st....how much longer!!
That is only two weeks - but you should hear from them soon, now you have decision made (they wouldn't send them back to you with the COPR until you got 'decision made')

Old May 6th 2014, 1:14 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Welcome to BE!

How frustrating for you..

Have you checked that ECAS has your correct address?

If it does, I would send an email (reply to the email they sent you) - put 'Urgent - missing COPR' and your UCI number in the subject line, make sure you give all details (name, address, d.o.b. UCI number etc.,) and explain the problem again. State that it has been over 8 weeks since it was mailed and ask them for the tracking information. It's likely been returned to them by now, but you could use the tracking info to ascertain where it is. Ask them to re-issue as a matter of some urgency.

Do you know what date your COPR expires? (Normally the 1 year anniversary of your medical, or your passport expiration date - which ever is soonest). If it is relatively soon I would make a point of informing them of that as well.

If you don't hear back from them within a couple of days, send a case specific enquiry. Which office is processing your application?

Thank you Siouxie for your prompt reply. Yes, Ecas has my correct address, although I changed my address when I moved. The officer who replied said "your COPR was mailed on March 3rd to the address below..." BTW, I always put all my relevant information with all my emails.

The first email I sent was to to CCP with just my UCI in the subject line, telling them it had been a month since I had become "decision made" and that no one has contacted me. They sent a reply within two hours, the subject line had my UCI number / an officer's number... and the reply stated that the COPR was mailed March 3rd and to be patient. He also said that if it is returned to them they will contact me immediately.

He further mentioned not to make duplicate inquires, that emails would not be answered. I find that very strange, if I had not looked at Ecas, since I am from a visa exempt country, no one would have told me a COPR was sent. The deadline in August would have past and my application closed... now the officer says not to contact him... how will he know I have not received the COPR if I don't write to him??

So I wrote back a few days later, April 5th, telling them that the COPR was lost and to please send me another. I called Canada Post and went to our mailing facility in the US, they both said 7 days to US and if it were to be returned, it would have been in Ottawa by now.

I also wrote in my email that it was urgent, because we needed three months to prepare for our move, and that our COPR expires in August. I assume the officer number on my subject line is the person handling my case and I have been writing back with the same officer number in the subject line. I'm afraid if I contact anyone else, by writing a general case specific inquiry, that I may get that officer angry...

So a few days ago, in early May, I wrote to him again saying I am sending an UPDATE to let them know I never received the COPR... and again asked for them to send another, mentioned the COPR expiry date and the urgency of it... Nothing!

Would getting an attorney involved at this stage help? I just don't understand why they enjoy keeping people in the dark. A simple, we have to wait until this day to send you another, would be better than not knowing anything. Why do they send our mail in the least expensive, unreliable way possible. They charge us so much, I bet all applicants would pay a little more to have things delivered by FedEX. Anyway, if you can think of something let me know...

Oh BTW, in my last email I also wrote that I have purchased an Xpresspost Envelope and if he kindly forwards his address I will FedEx it to him so he can send the COPR that way...

Many many thanks,
Cam
Old May 6th 2014, 1:28 am
Banned

Thank you Siouxie for your prompt reply. Yes, Ecas has my correct address, although I changed my address when I moved. The officer who replied said "your COPR was mailed on March 3rd to the address below..." BTW, I always put all my relevant information with all my emails.

The first email I sent was to to CCP with just my UCI in the subject line, telling them it had been a month since I had become "decision made" and that no one has contacted me. They sent a reply within two hours, the subject line had my UCI number / an officer's number... and the reply stated that the COPR was mailed March 3rd and to be patient. He also said that if it is returned to them they will contact me immediately.

He further mentioned not to make duplicate inquires, that emails would not be answered. I find that very strange, if I had not looked at Ecas, since I am from a visa exempt country, no one would have told me a COPR was sent. The deadline in August would have past and my application closed... now the officer says not to contact him... how will he know I have not received the COPR if I don't write to him??

So I wrote back a few days later, April 5th, telling them that the COPR was lost and to please send me another. I called Canada Post and went to our mailing facility in the US, they both said 7 days to US and if it were to be returned, it would have been in Ottawa by now.

I also wrote in my email that it was urgent, because we needed three months to prepare for our move, and that our COPR expires in August. I assume the officer number on my subject line is the person handling my case and I have been writing back with the same officer number in the subject line. I'm afraid if I contact anyone else, by writing a general case specific inquiry, that I may get that officer angry...

So a few days ago, in early May, I wrote to him again saying I am sending an UPDATE to let them know I never received the COPR... and again asked for them to send another, mentioned the COPR expiry date and the urgency of it... Nothing!

Would getting an attorney involved at this stage help? I just don't understand why they enjoy keeping people in the dark. A simple, we have to wait until this day to send you another, would be better than not knowing anything. Why do they send our mail in the least expensive, unreliable way possible. They charge us so much, I bet all applicants would pay a little more to have things delivered by FedEX. Anyway, if you can think of something let me know...

Oh BTW, in my last email I also wrote that I have purchased an Xpresspost Envelope and if he kindly forwards his address I will FedEx it to him so he can send the COPR that way...

Many many thanks,
Cam
I would remove the officers reference from the subject line for a start.

I would put 'URGENT - COPR not received, 9 weeks since sent by CIC" in the subject line (and your UCI number) then explaining that it still hasn't arrived and ask for the tracking info (you have to sign for a COPR letter so there should be a way of tracking it).

Request that they check if it has been returned to Ottawa and request that they re-issue.

You could send a fax too - or instead. Mark it URGENT.

An Immigration consultant won't be able to speed things up for you, it would be a waste of money. If you know anyone in Canada who will be living near you there, you could ask them to contact their MP on your behalf and request an update.

Sorry, not sure what else to suggest!

you hear back from them.

Old May 6th 2014, 1:51 am
Just Joined

I would remove the officers reference from the subject line for a start.

I would put 'URGENT - COPR not received, 9 weeks since sent by CIC" in the subject line (and your UCI number) then explaining that it still hasn't arrived and ask for the tracking info (you have to sign for a COPR letter so there should be a way of tracking it).

Request that they check if it has been returned to Ottawa and request that they re-issue.

You could send a fax too - or instead. Mark it URGENT.

An Immigration consultant won't be able to speed things up for you, it would be a waste of money. If you know anyone in Canada who will be living near you there, you could ask them to contact their MP on your behalf and request an update.

Sorry, not sure what else to suggest!

you hear back from them.

Thank you once again for your suggestions. OK I will remove the officer reference number from the subject line and write what you suggested in a week. I want to give them a few days to answer my email, sent just a few days ago.

You are correct, a consultant is useless... Wish I knew an MP, because they are useful at times like this. BTW, the COPR comes directly to your mail box, nothing to sign and no tracking number.

I can't believe I have gotten to this stage and this simple problem is giving me such a big headache

Thanks again,
Cam
Old May 6th 2014, 2:35 am
Banned

Thank you once again for your suggestions. OK I will remove the officer reference number from the subject line and write what you suggested in a week. I want to give them a few days to answer my email, sent just a few days ago.

You are correct, a consultant is useless... Wish I knew an MP, because they are useful at times like this. BTW, the COPR comes directly to your mail box, nothing to sign and no tracking number.

I can't believe I have gotten to this stage and this simple problem is giving me such a big headache

Thanks again,
Cam
You are very welcome.

Actually, the majority of people on BE who have received their COPR have said that they had to sign for it - Canada Post wouldn't deliver it without a signature; if you are not there to sign for it they leave a card for you to arrange a new delivery date or to collect it. What makes you think they don't - or is it different in the US?

Best of luck and I hope you get it sorted soon.

Last edited by Siouxie; May 6th 2014 at 2:40 am.
Old May 6th 2014, 11:27 am
Just Joined

You are very welcome.

Actually, the majority of people on BE who have received their COPR have said that they had to sign for it - Canada Post wouldn't deliver it without a signature; if you are not there to sign for it they leave a card for you to arrange a new delivery date or to collect it. What makes you think they don't - or is it different in the US?

Best of luck and I hope you get it sorted soon.

Yes, all the candidates in the US have reported finding the COPR in their mail box directly... no signatures.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.