Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Old Aug 19th 2013, 9:33 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

It seems things are moving in Ottawa now. Acceptable time frames and all nowadays.
Old Aug 19th 2013, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

Dorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
It seems things are moving in Ottawa now. Acceptable time frames and all nowadays.
I hope so Jim - and it is true you can see it with other posters. The problem is that I seem to be watching a totally different game. With RPRF of 15 Feb (ish) and in process 1 Apr we seem to have stalled. In a rock and a hard place as I want to email them but at the same time scared of getting the normal stock answer.

Its almost been 18 mths from start of original app - is it worth sending a case specific response and if so what is the correct format for it? Is there a form? Or should I just shut up and enjoy the rest of the summer!!
Old Aug 19th 2013, 11:54 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorftrottel
I hope so Jim - and it is true you can see it with other posters. The problem is that I seem to be watching a totally different game. With RPRF of 15 Feb (ish) and in process 1 Apr we seem to have stalled. In a rock and a hard place as I want to email them but at the same time scared of getting the normal stock answer.

Its almost been 18 mths from start of original app - is it worth sending a case specific response and if so what is the correct format for it? Is there a form? Or should I just shut up and enjoy the rest of the summer!!
I would send a case specific enquiry, for sure.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa....asp#permanent

[email protected]

By fax - 613-946-6059

Make sure that you include your name, file number, date of birth and Unique Client Identifier (UCI) to help identify your application.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

Dorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
I would send a case specific enquiry, for sure.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa....asp#permanent

[email protected]

By fax - 613-946-6059

Make sure that you include your name, file number, date of birth and Unique Client Identifier (UCI) to help identify your application.
Oh thanks for that Siouxie - now to find some diplomatic wording!
Old Aug 20th 2013, 3:11 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Oh thanks for that Siouxie - now to find some diplomatic wording!
You are most welcome

Perhaps ask them if there is any documentation or further information they require in order to finalise your application? A mention that you paid your RPRF in February and you are a little concerned in case they have written to you and you have not received it probably wouldn't hurt too.

"Carrot - Stick" springs to mind.

Old Aug 20th 2013, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

You are most welcome

Perhaps ask them if there is any documentation or further information they require in order to finalise your application? A mention that you paid your RPRF in February and you are a little concerned in case they have written to you and you have not received it probably wouldn't hurt too.

Good direction - thanks - will post the response.
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

ness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really nice

Originally Posted by baby_boy
Great! May I know which email address you sent the email that gave you this reply. I emailed to ottpilot-immigration ( @ ) cic.gc.ca few times and every time they are replying same generic email template with out reading my email. Its very unfortunate, I applied in Jan 2012, did my medical in June 2012 --- no reply since then, I mean WTF going on with CIC grrrr

Will really appreciate your help.

Hi baby_boy']

I understand your frustration, we're on the same timescale as you, as in we applied in Jan 2012, and are still waiting. It's difficult when other AINP applications go in after ours and are already finished. We too have emailed the ottpilot email and got the generic reply.

There doesn't seem to be any order to the processing of the files meanwhile we just wait and wait. Our medicals run out next week and that's another worry.

We will keep our fingers crossed that we all get COPR soon!!
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 4:24 am
Just Joined

baby_boy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ness101
Hi baby_boy']

I understand your frustration, we're on the same timescale as you, as in we applied in Jan 2012, and are still waiting. It's difficult when other AINP applications go in after ours and are already finished. We too have emailed the ottpilot email and got the generic reply.

There doesn't seem to be any order to the processing of the files meanwhile we just wait and wait. Our medicals run out next week and that's another worry.

We will keep our fingers crossed that we all get COPR soon!!
@DoyleLinda --- Congrats --- really happy for u and thanks for your reply earlier.

@Ness101 --- I wrote to cic again on Monday received the same stock answer but this time atleast with bit more info --- (1)they said cic extended my medical exam expiration because my health record happen to be very good. (2) My application will be reviewed by an officer by Aug 31,2013 but it doesnt mean it will be finalized !!

You are right I wish I knew why people applied after us and got their copr before us. In fact my case is very simple --- I applied as single adult in a provincial nominee priority stream (NOT AINP), good academic and work experience track record, no criminal record or affiliation in last 11 years. The worst part is I know people from other country applied after Jan 2012 , already landed in Canada and looking for jobs. I don't know if it is some kind of racism or discrimination by cic or not.
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

vinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond repute

My e-CAS flipped-over to "In Process" this morning (Friday).

My journey towards Canadian PR via PNP (no immigration lawyer retained at any stage):
TWP #1 (9/2010, for 1yr).
TWP #2 (10/2011, for 1yr).
TWP #3 (10/2012, for 2yrs, having ticked “Temp. with intent to perm.” box on the LMO application).
AINP (11/2012; ~3wks to be processed & approved, after 1 query back for a clarification).
PR Application sent to CIO, Sydney, NS (1/2013).
AOR e-mails arrived same day from both CIO & CPP-O (2/2013).
U.K. Police Clearance Report couriered (signature) to CPP-O (2/2013).
Australian Police Clearance Report & Driver Record couriered (signature) to CPP-O (2/2013).
Medical requested by CPP-O (2/2013).
Medical done in Seattle, WA (3/2013).
U.S. (FBI) Police Clearance Report couriered (signature) to CPP-O (4/2013).
AOR on e-CAS for Medical results (5/2013).
RPRF payment requested by CPP-O (6/2013).
7/31st/2013: an e-mail from CPP-O demanding all 3 police clearance certificates by 8/31st; 20mins later a 2nd e-mail from CPP-O saying they’d located my U.K. & Australian police reports, but still demanding the U.S./FBI police clearance certificate by 8/31st.
8/7th/2013: after a vigorous response (incl. 3 ph. calls to CIC, 4 e-mails to CPP-O, a fax to CPP-O, & an overnight couriered (signature) letter to CPP-O) all detailing both CPP-O’s signed receipt for, as well as CPP-O’s 2 past e-mail acknowledgements to me (in May & even as recently as mid-July) of, them having definitely received & physically sighted all three (3) of my police clearance documents (i.e., including the supposedly now missing FBI document), finally one of CPP-O’s staffers relented & actually got up from her/his desk to go and look again through my physical case-file, therein duly locating, in short order, just as I’d told them repeatedly that they would, the supposedly missing FBI police clearance document that had in fact lain in my physical case-file since mid-April, but which presumably simply hadn’t been collated by the epsilonic filing clerk/intern together with the other 2 police reports that had been submitted, each separately, a good 2 months earlier than the FBI one had arrived at CPP-O.
8/23rd/2013: e-CAS has flipped-over to “In Process”.
Old Aug 24th 2013, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

mamtaman is an unknown quantity at this point

The fact that things are moving is a good sign for all. Has anyone had the PR come through since the strikes took place, and can they share their timeline please?
Old Aug 24th 2013, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Smudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really nice

Originally Posted by mamtaman
The fact that things are moving is a good sign for all. Has anyone had the PR come through since the strikes took place, and can they share their timeline please?
COPR Arrived last Friday, Get in������!! Here is our time line.
TWP at POE August 5th 2011, AINP application April 9th 2012, AINP Nomination October 1st 2012, PR Application November 19th 2012, Application rec'd November 26th 2012, Medical Request January 31st 2013, Medicals February 6th 2013, Application in Process April 4th 2013, ROPR fee request May 29th 2013, Decision Made May 31 2013, COPR August 16th 2013.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

You are most welcome

Hi just an update - no formal reply to my email but ECAS has just changed to decision made - on a Sunday as well!
Old Aug 26th 2013, 4:15 am
Banned

Hi just an update - no formal reply to my email but ECAS has just changed to decision made - on a Sunday as well!
Old Aug 26th 2013, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

Thanks again for your advice and direction - much appreciated.
Old Aug 28th 2013, 3:40 am
Banned

You are most welcome.

I don't know if others in this thread has seen this, but there is a page on the CIC website that gives timelines for Ottawa processing for applications originally sent to Buffalo.

Might be of use - go to the FAQ's and click on the 1st one:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ada/ottawa.asp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.