Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Old Jun 9th 2013, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

baby_boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

I came to Canada more than 11 years ago. I had 2 degrees from a reputable Canadian University also secured 2 diplomas from Canadian technical colleges. While I was at school I had almost 2 year full work experience as intern in a reputable company but cic didn't count that experience because it was not work experience!?!! it was part of my study! So with my post grad work permit I started working in a company that was not my dream job or my chosen field --- but I still decided to work here as my previous employer didn't hire me because I was in work permit and my post grad work permit didnt have much time left on it to expire. Now I desperately want to change my job but my province asked my not to change the job as they evaluated my application based on that company. It's been almost 2.5 year, I am working for this company to get my PR status so I can get a better job in my field but it seems like this office's biasness and laziness holding my application for ever. Now I have to do my medical again . Last 11 years, I was extremely law abiding, even never had any parking/driving ticket. These Canadian universities go to our countries with fake promises and charge us insane amount of money (like 70,000 to 100,000 for 1 degree!!) and federal govt treat us like shhit after we graduate that is stop bringing money from home for tuition + living.
Old Jun 10th 2013, 11:44 pm
Sunny Alberta!

Geordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to allGeordielass is a name known to all
Wink Re: Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Originally Posted by Smudger75
I think what slows the process time down is the amount of people that come in on a TWP, because they see at a quick option. I know of a lottery winner from the UK who came over as a truck driver, when he could have used the entrepreneur route!😉
you just wish you were bezzie mates with this lottery winner don't you? . Yeah weve heard about these people on TWP who come over here & jump the PR queue....maybe a lottery win is the answer
Old Jun 12th 2013, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

On the cic website today saw ---

"Alert – Strike Action

The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) union is currently taking strike action. PAFSO union members responsible for processing visa applications have been walking out of offices in Canada and overseas.

Posted processing times for both temporary and permanent resident visa applications do not take into account work stoppages.

Anyone applying for a visa should anticipate delays and submit their application as far in advance as possible.

Contingency plans are already in place to ensure all offices remain open and are providing at least a minimum level of service. Priority will be placed on urgent humanitarian applications.

CIC continues to closely monitor the situation." --- http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...imes/index.asp ---
Clearly some of these greedy people need more cash to go through our files otherwise it will be still in that dusty dark corner for years. I wonder why don't they charge bit more for application fee if money is such a big issue. But anyways I got my 1 year renewal for bridging work permit today, so I am going back to my desk and continue to work my a$$ off. Bye for now.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

DoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant future

Hi everyone, just to give perhaps a little hope to some of you who are in the waiting stage (as we are). I emailed Ottawa two days ago asking if they could give an update since it is now five weeks since they requested the final fees. They kindly responded by saying that our file is in the pile to be completed as soon as possible however they were unable to commit to a timeframe so although we are still waiting it gives me a little more hope that the end is getting closer. They responded which is good under the circumstances. Just a little glimmer of hope. Good luck everyone, and baby boy it sucks that you are still waiting. I really do feel your pain. But try stay positive and it will come, eventually.
Old Jun 13th 2013, 6:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by DoyleLinda
Hi everyone, just to give perhaps a little hope to some of you who are in the waiting stage (as we are). I emailed Ottawa two days ago asking if they could give an update since it is now five weeks since they requested the final fees. They kindly responded by saying that our file is in the pile to be completed as soon as possible however they were unable to commit to a timeframe so although we are still waiting it gives me a little more hope that the end is getting closer. They responded which is good under the circumstances. Just a little glimmer of hope. Good luck everyone, and baby boy it sucks that you are still waiting. I really do feel your pain. But try stay positive and it will come, eventually.
@DoyleLinda --- Thanks so much, I also emailed cpp-o, I guess they replied their standard generic template. Some key parts of email that they replied --
"The file is in Ottawa for processing. It will be reviewed by one of their officers, with priority given to applications that were received at CIC before 28 February 2012." .... For Provincial Nominees/ Quebec Skilled Workers ONLY-- All applications received before 1 September 2011 in Buffalo have now been reviewed. All principal applicants who submitted applications before this date should have received a communication from the Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa (CPP-O) office. If applicant have not received any instructions or updates from CPP-O and he/she fall within this group, please contact the Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 with applicant name and file number (if known). Also cpp-o mentioned approximate processing time , though it may take longer now for the strike ....
(1) Application Received Date: 1 December – 28 February 2012
Review Date*: On or before 31 May 2013
By what date can you expect to receive the next update from CPP-O?:
By 31 May 2013

(2) Application Received Date: 1 March – 31 May 2012
Review Date*: On or before 31 August 2013
By what date can you expect to receive the next update from CPP-O?: By 31 August 2013

(3) Application Received Date: ... after 1 June 2012
Review Date*: After 31 August 2013
By what date can you expect to receive the next update from CPP-O?: After 31 August 2013...

*Review Date: Please note that the Review Date means the date by which your file will be reviewed by an officer. It does not mean that your file will necessarily be finalized by that date.

Hope it helps .....
Old Jun 13th 2013, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

ness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really nice

Thanks baby_boy for posting the email. I too am in the waiting game and it's great to get some information!

Hope we all hear soon
Old Jun 20th 2013, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

shee22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I received an email today asking for more history would that be for me and my common law partner?Do I just send them an email back or are there any forms to fill out as our employment has not changed and they have actually stated what we need to do.This is just a joke it's been 2 yrs and still not getting anywhere.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

vinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond repute

The journey so far (no immigration lawyer retained):
TWP#1 (Sept. 2010; given for 1yr).
TWP#2 (Oct. 2011; given for 1yr).
TWP#3 (Oct. 2012; given for 2yrs, having ticked the 'TWItP' box on the LMO application).
AINP (Nov. 2012; AB only took ~3wks to process & approve).
PR application sent to CIO, Sydney, NS (Jan. 2013).
Receipt acknowledged by CIO & simultaneously by CIC/CPPO (Feb. 2013).
Medical requested by CIC/CPPO (Feb. 2013).
U.K. Police Report forwarded to CIC/CPPO (Feb. 2013).
Medical done (Mar. 2013).
Medical results acknowledged on the eCAS system (April/May 2013).
RPRF requested by CIC/CPPO & paid same day (June 2013).
Old Jun 20th 2013, 4:27 pm
Love & Peace

icecream is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shee22
Hi I received an email today asking for more history would that be for me and my common law partner?Do I just send them an email back or are there any forms to fill out as our employment has not changed and they have actually stated what we need to do.This is just a joke it's been 2 yrs and still not getting anywhere.
I was asked the same...just reply to the same email with details for both of you, even nothing changed just tell them that..no special form needs to be filled! Hope this helps
Old Jun 20th 2013, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

shee22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks ice cream,did you have to send a copy of your passports?How long did you have to wait after you sent the history information to get your residency?Sorry about the questions just seems to never end.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 6:40 pm
Love & Peace

icecream is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks ice cream,did you have to send a copy of your passports?How long did you have to wait after you sent the history information to get your residency?Sorry about the questions just seems to never end.
I got my PPR after a week sending the history, they asked for RPRF first and then history and then PPR. Sounds like you are pretty close. Mine took about 25 months to get PPR so I think you are about same...so it's coming

Oh no i didn't send copy of the passports they didn't ask for that just history, I didn't do any travelling either so there were no extra stamps on my passport...
Old Jun 20th 2013, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

mikey_c_9 is an unknown quantity at this point

The fact they are asking you for history means someone is assigned to your case - it shouldn't be long for you now.

We paid our RPRF on May 29th, 2013.

We just sent off our updated history + finger print checks last week so hoping for PPR any day now

Our full timeline: http://pnp.appspot.com/?loc=en_US&show=208101
Old Jun 20th 2013, 7:14 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Travel information is for the background check so it may take a little while yet.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

mikey_c_9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Travel information is for the background check so it may take a little while yet.
My updated personal history request was just for company name & job role / residential addresses (if changed) from April 2012 onwards.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 7:38 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

No problem - they were just checking!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.