Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Old Mar 5th 2013, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

raincouver is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Originally Posted by ziggy1642
We were asked for our COPR fees and passports early in February, and they were sent by courier on the 7th Feb from the immigration consultant in Toronto to CPP Ottawa. We are now into the fourth week of waiting.

Has anyone else experienced such a long wait at this stage in the process? I think this limbo state is driving me a little crazy.
Disappointed to hear about your long wait! I've only been waiting about two weeks, since Feb 22nd-ish. Was really hoping to be done with this by the end of the month. Feels like so many things in life are on hold until I get through this process. "Limbo" seems almost inadequate!!
Old Mar 5th 2013, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

ziggy1642 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by raincouver
Disappointed to hear about your long wait! I've only been waiting about two weeks, since Feb 22nd-ish. Was really hoping to be done with this by the end of the month. Feels like so many things in life are on hold until I get through this process. "Limbo" seems almost inadequate!!
We had been hearing on here that it takes about 2 weeks for the most part, and to be going into our 4th week is very frustrating. Life has been on hold a long time it seems, and yes 'Limbo' does seem inadequate
Old Mar 6th 2013, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

Alex_73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Passport Request received (Quebec Skilled Worker Category) ! Find my timeline below!

App received: Nov 2011
Med received: June 2012
PR: March 2013
Old Mar 9th 2013, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

alexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nice

Last night we received passport requests.

We applied using the new style application form and were asked to send:

- Two photos for PR card
- Copies of photo page of passport
- Pay RPRF online and email the receipt to them

They also ask:

Has your family composition changed since our last correspondence?
 Have you married or divorced?
 Have you given birth or adopted a child?
 Do you intend to get married or divorced prior to becoming a permanent resident?
 Do you intend to give birth or adopt a child prior to becoming a permanent resident?
We did not realise that we had to mention our Canadian born baby daughter. So we have also sent back revised IMM5406 and copies of her Canadian passport and birth certificate just in case.

Good luck to everyone else. Will update timeline when COPR arrives.

Last edited by alexbellamy; Mar 9th 2013 at 9:42 pm.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

shee22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi does anyone know if they have had to do there medicals again and how long it might take from then to get permanent residence. Also do they ask for police checks to be done again.Any info would be helpful this is getting so frustrating.Thanks

TIMELINE

PR application sent to Buffalo July 2011
Medical received Nov 2011
Transfered to Ottawa July 2012
Medical expired nov 2012
Medical request again Feb 2013
Old Mar 13th 2013, 1:30 am
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute

We were asked for our COPR fees and passports early in February, and they were sent by courier on the 7th Feb from the immigration consultant in Toronto to CPP Ottawa. We are now into the fourth week of waiting.

Has anyone else experienced such a long wait at this stage in the process? I think this limbo state is driving me a little crazy.
Are the above mentioned "COPR" fees the same as, or different to ROPR fees that we were requested to pay yesterday?
Are we starting to see light at the end of our (fairly short compared to a lot of posters, but none the less frustrating) tunnel?
Any thoughts on what comes next would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old Mar 13th 2013, 1:50 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shee22
Hi does anyone know if they have had to do there medicals again and how long it might take from then to get permanent residence. Also do they ask for police checks to be done again.Any info would be helpful this is getting so frustrating.Thanks

TIMELINE

PR application sent to Buffalo July 2011
Medical received Nov 2011
Transfered to Ottawa July 2012
Medical expired nov 2012
Medical request again Feb 2013
Yes - it happens sometimes. Assuming you are in Canada they will probably not ask for new PCs but they could.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

JAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant future

i e mailed ottawa yesterday to try and find out what the hell is going on with my application.does anyone know if they will give you a reply instead of the usual automated one.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 3:20 pm
Love & Peace

icecream is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAGUAR7
i e mailed ottawa yesterday to try and find out what the hell is going on with my application.does anyone know if they will give you a reply instead of the usual automated one.
I did send them email as well yesterday asking the samething...didn't get back anything yet other the stupid usual automated response.it's driving me bonkers.....!!!

Jagura7 do you mind sharing your timeline and which category you appliead in...?!?
I am PNP from April 2011

Thanks!
Old Mar 13th 2013, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by GC44
Are the above mentioned "COPR" fees the same as, or different to ROPR fees that we were requested to pay yesterday?
Are we starting to see light at the end of our (fairly short compared to a lot of posters, but none the less frustrating) tunnel?
Thanks
I have never heard of ROPR fees, could that be a typo? Really no idea sorry.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by GC44
Thanks
I am sorry GC44, I carried out a search and it stands for Right of Permanent Resident Fee.. and COPR is Confirmation of Permanent Resident - but I am not sure if these two are interchangeable.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

I have never heard of ROPR fees, could that be a typo? Really no idea sorry.
ROPR = Right of Permanent Residence fee. Usually paid at the end by the adults on the application.

There are no 'COPR' fees. COPR = Confirmation of Permanent Residence and it refers to the form you get sent that you have to take with you when landing. You won't get sent this until you have paid your ROPR fees.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wolstie
ROPR = Right of Permanent Residence fee. Usually paid at the end by the adults on the application.

There are no 'COPR' fees. COPR = Confirmation of Permanent Residence and it refers to the form you get sent that you have to take with you when landing. You won't get sent this until you have paid your ROPR fees.
Thats what we thought, paid them within 40 minutes of receiving the request. Glad to hear that this means we are pretty close to the COPR .
Old Mar 13th 2013, 8:55 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Asking for payment should be done when they are confident of a positive decision in your case - so as you seem ready to do - relax!
Old Mar 13th 2013, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

raincouver is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone received a COPR recently? Just wondering if you could share your experience about how long you had to wait between PPR and COPR receipt. I've been waiting 22 days so far. I know it's coming : )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.