Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Old Feb 22nd 2013, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

ziggy1642 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Originally Posted by wolstie
You get your card in the post a couple of months later.
Wolstie
We were asked by Ottawa to send everything to CPP Ottawa. When we receive our COPR's.. and we go and do the flagpoling, I am assuming that you cannot work until you have your PR Cards in your hand?

We are both on Visitors VISA's as every other option had run out, hence our particular situation.
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

MrWindUpBird is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ziggy1642
Wolstie
We were asked by Ottawa to send everything to CPP Ottawa. When we receive our COPR's.. and we go and do the flagpoling, I am assuming that you cannot work until you have your PR Cards in your hand?

We are both on Visitors VISA's as every other option had run out, hence our particular situation.
AFAIK, you can legally start working as soon as you're landed. The PR Card is just a convenient way of proving your status.
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

Beakster is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's my timeline for Quebec Skilled Worked. Never thought it would take this long, wish I'd stayed in Toronto and applied under Canadian Experience Class now.:

Arrived in Canada on temporary work permit: September 2009
CSQ Application Submitted: October 2010
CSQ Interview and CSQ Granted: 12th February 2012 (Couldn't believe how long this part took, I was expecting 6 months)
Federal Application Received: 22nd February 2012
AOR From Ottawa + Request for Medicals: May 14th 2012
Medicals Done: May 22nd 2012
Email from Ottawa said I'd receive some news by the end of May 2013, not sure what that news will be though.
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ziggy1642
Wolstie

You can work, not a problem.

The COPR's you take to the border will be stamped and processed. You keep these in your passports till you get your cards (then put them somewhere safe as you'll need them for citizenship later on).

After landing, take your passport with the stamped COPR to your nearest Service Canada office and get a SIN number - you are given this straight away. Only then can you work.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

Tejji is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey everyone, it's been a couple of days and no new posts.

If any one has any news/updates regarding their applications....please post. It seems on other forums QSW applications are being done now. Many people are receiving PPR. Any one with updates regarding FSW?
Old Feb 24th 2013, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

alexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nicealexbellamy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Beakster
Here's my timeline for Quebec Skilled Worked. Never thought it would take this long, wish I'd stayed in Toronto and applied under Canadian Experience Class now.:

Arrived in Canada on temporary work permit: September 2009
CSQ Application Submitted: October 2010
CSQ Interview and CSQ Granted: 12th February 2012 (Couldn't believe how long this part took, I was expecting 6 months)
Federal Application Received: 22nd February 2012
AOR From Ottawa + Request for Medicals: May 14th 2012
Medicals Done: May 22nd 2012
Email from Ottawa said I'd receive some news by the end of May 2013, not sure what that news will be though.
That is pretty much our time line too. We'll see what happens. There are reports of people who applied in late 2012 as QSW getting PPR already.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 10:54 pm
Just Joined

Exbritannia is an unknown quantity at this point

May 12 filed application, Mississauga.
Oct 12 CSQ family class and file sent to CPP Ottawa
feb 13 request for finance proofs & another copy of passport

Feb 13 email received

"Please be advised that no further documents are required at this time as the scanned documents are sufficient. Your application should be finalized shortly.

Thank you for your interest in Canada."

Does anyone know how long this means til CoPR issued... I think this email means we are ok?

My spouse has a US passport so no counterfoilneeded.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

shee22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi im a provincial nominee applicant my pr application was received by Buffalo in July 2011 then it got transferred to Ottawa in July 2012.I received an email last wk requesting i need to do my medicals again as they expired in nov 2012.Does anyone have any idea how long the timeframe will be now to getting passport request.I am so frustrated with this waiting game.Also does police checks have an expiry date as well.Thanks for any info.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by shee22
Hi im a provincial nominee applicant my pr application was received by Buffalo in July 2011 then it got transferred to Ottawa in July 2012.I received an email last wk requesting i need to do my medicals again as they expired in nov 2012.Does anyone have any idea how long the timeframe will be now to getting passport request.I am so frustrated with this waiting game.Also does police checks have an expiry date as well.Thanks for any info.
Seems you've just missed out on this:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2012/ob423.asp

Which is very, very unfair. E-mail them, ask them why there was no
'Reassessment of an applicant’s medical file for the issuance of a new medical certificate’ done a month ago, while it was still valid to do so.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 10:52 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Seems you've just missed out on this:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2012/ob423.asp

Which is very, very unfair. E-mail them, ask them why there was no
'Reassessment of an applicant’s medical file for the issuance of a new medical certificate’ done a month ago, while it was still valid to do so.
It may have been that the medical is not the only thing outstanding prior to issuing the COPR, so the medical wasn't extended?
Old Feb 27th 2013, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

True.

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

It may have been that the medical is not the only thing outstanding prior to issuing the COPR, so the medical wasn't extended?
Old Mar 1st 2013, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

JAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant future
Thumbs down Re: Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

well the day has almost past.after being told,"you should here from an immigration officer before or on the 28th feb".will i ever get my residency:frown ::
Old Mar 1st 2013, 2:09 pm
Love & Peace

icecream is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAGUAR7
well the day has almost past.after being told,"you should here from an immigration officer before or on the 28th feb".will i ever get my residency:frown ::
I am in the same boat...it's really frustrating.............

Last edited by icecream; Mar 1st 2013 at 2:14 pm.
Old Mar 1st 2013, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

The COPR's you take to the border will be stamped and processed. You keep these in your passports till you get your cards (then put them somewhere safe as you'll need them for citizenship later on).

After landing, take your passport with the stamped COPR to your nearest Service Canada office and get a SIN number - you are given this straight away. Only then can you work.
Thanks Wolstie, at least we won't have to wait however may months it takes for the actual PR Card.
The copies of passport pages etc were sent to CPP Ottawa on 8th Feb, and we are still waiting... very frustrating to be so close and yes we go on waiting.
Old Mar 5th 2013, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

We were asked for our COPR fees and passports early in February, and they were sent by courier on the 7th Feb from the immigration consultant in Toronto to CPP Ottawa. We are now into the fourth week of waiting.

Has anyone else experienced such a long wait at this stage in the process? I think this limbo state is driving me a little crazy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.