Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Old Dec 12th 2012, 7:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Originally Posted by JAGUAR7
think this whole PR thing is a joke.i came here aug 2009.had my medical in nov 2011,my file started in buffalo,then Ottawa,then back to buffalo,and back to Ottawa on July 7 this year,and im still none the wiser.the web site says the same as it did when i started the process."application received",aug 2011
When did you apply?
Old Dec 12th 2012, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

JAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant future

6 months after getting here
Old Dec 13th 2012, 4:56 am
BE Enthusiast

nooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of light

BC PNP. I don't think it was particularly fast - there were some very quick applications - some within 6 months earlier on in the pilot.

Originally Posted by Kers1978
Congratulations. This seems to be a record. I was just wondering, what route did you apply as? I just want to see if there is a correlation between different routes and wait times. (im BC PNP)
Old Dec 13th 2012, 6:08 am
Just Joined

raincouver is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kers1978
Congratulations. This seems to be a record. I was just wondering, what route did you apply as? I just want to see if there is a correlation between different routes and wait times. (im BC PNP)
I also applied BC PNP. I've been in Canada for 5 1/2 years. First year on a study permit, second an open work permit (as a result of the SP,) then TWP's every year from 2009.

I applied for the BC PNP in the fall of 2010, and got approval in March or April of 2011.
PR application received: June 28th, 2011
Medicals: Fall 2011 (October? I think)
Police Check: Fall 2011
File transfered to Ottawa: July 7th, 2012

Here's the 'fun' bit: I married a Canadian in April 2011. I had thought that I should just start the process the previous fall because we weren't engaged yet. And by the time we got married, I was so far into the PNP route that I thought I might as well continue on. Since getting married, I've met two couples who were sponsored by their spouses AFTER I got married. Both of them got PR within 5 months of their applications. Awesome.

My immigration lawyer told me back in September that from what he was hearing from Ottawa, my application would probably be processed in December. Hopefully that's true and this not-knowing and being totally-powerless-to-do-anything can be done!
Old Dec 17th 2012, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

KeithSonja will become famous soon enoughKeithSonja will become famous soon enough

Our timeline....

SINP Sent 22/06/10...
AOR 06/07/10...
Info Request 09/12/10...
SINP Received 28/01/11...
PR to Buffalo 09/07/11...
Transferred to Ottawa-Med Request, Further Info & RPRF 21/10/11...
Meds Received 15/12/11...
Further Info Request 17/05/12...
PPR Received 26/10/12...
LANDED 10/12/12
Old Dec 18th 2012, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by KeithSonja
Our timeline....

SINP Sent 22/06/10...
AOR 06/07/10...
Info Request 09/12/10...
SINP Received 28/01/11...
PR to Buffalo 09/07/11...
Transferred to Ottawa-Med Request, Further Info & RPRF 21/10/11...
Meds Received 15/12/11...
Further Info Request 17/05/12...
PPR Received 26/10/12...
LANDED 10/12/12
About time, well done
Old Dec 18th 2012, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

KeithSonja will become famous soon enoughKeithSonja will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by wolstie
About time, well done
Thanks Wolstie, was a long time coming and a great early Christmas present!!
Old Dec 21st 2012, 7:32 am
Coaldale Alberta

Trying to live the Dream is an unknown quantity at this point

PASSPORTS REQUESTED
Old Dec 21st 2012, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Trying to live the Dream
PASSPORTS REQUESTED
Merry Christmas!

At last, significant movement!
Old Dec 22nd 2012, 10:22 pm
Coaldale Alberta

Trying to live the Dream is an unknown quantity at this point

Merry Christmas!

At last, significant movement!
Cheers Wolstie,could not believe it when i read the e.mail,gonna make this christmas that much better
Old Jan 7th 2013, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Trying to live the Dream
Cheers Wolstie,could not believe it when i read the e.mail,gonna make this christmas that much better
Congrats! Such a great Christmas present

Do you know when your PR application was received federally? I see from an older post that it was in May 2011. Just hoping I can use the date of your app to guage how long mine might be. Mine was received June 28th, 2011. I know it should be very soon, but GEES I'm sick of waiting!
Old Jan 7th 2013, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

mikey_c_9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by raincouver
Congrats! Such a great Christmas present

Do you know when your PR application was received federally? I see from an older post that it was in May 2011. Just hoping I can use the date of your app to guage how long mine might be. Mine was received June 28th, 2011. I know it should be very soon, but GEES I'm sick of waiting!
WOW, I thought I was waiting a long time (medicals received June 2012). You are very patient!!

I really hope they start speeding this process up, I can't stand the waiting. I was told BC PNP is a fast-track PR route. Doesn't seem very fast-tracked to me...
Old Jan 7th 2013, 9:53 pm
Love & Peace

icecream is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikey_c_9
WOW, I thought I was waiting a long time (medicals received June 2012). You are very patient!!

I really hope they start speeding this process up, I can't stand the waiting. I was told BC PNP is a fast-track PR route. Doesn't seem very fast-tracked to me...
Hi Everyone,
I am new to this forum...is here anyone waiting from April 2011:
My Timeline is:
File got received by Buffalo office 11 April 2011
Finger prints and medical requested september 2011
File got trasfered to Ottawa in June/July 2012
And
Nothing after...
Old Jan 7th 2013, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

Kers1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you had no problems with the medicals, then they can now extend the validity of them until the visa is issued.

See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2012/ob423.asp

This was most likely introduced due to the backlog anticipated at CPP-Ottawa.

If the e-mail you get back isn't satisfactory, e-mail them every day stating: "My medicals will expire in x days, please indicate when my file will be completed".
Thanks Wolstie. To date..no response from the office. As it said not to re-send enquiries I haven't. I didnt get the usual generic one so I was holding out for a Christmas prezzie. Nothing. Has anyone waited over a month for a response?? I think i will take your advise and email as my Meds were dont in Nov 2011. This waiting is hard. I feel imprisoned at my job and cant wait for the light at the end of this long, dark tunnel!!
Old Jan 15th 2013, 2:27 am
Just Joined

The estimated case processing time for Ottawa is 11 months. Does that mean 11 months from the time my file was transfered to Ottawa 7 July 2012?? That would mean April 2013.

I'm seriously going to lose my mind. I keep seeing other people who seem to have applied after I did getting through this process BEFORE me. My AOR was 28 June 2011, almost 19 months ago.

I'm having to live apart from my husband because I'm stuck at my job and he couldn't find work here. We kept hearing that it wouldn't be long, that my application was almost done, so I didn't want to reapply and go through that whole process again. And the longer I wait, the more I feel invested in this application.

At what point do I give up and reapply as a spouse?

Sorry for my problem-dumping rant. I'm just SO frustrated, and I know a lot of you are, too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.