Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Old Dec 2nd 2012, 1:49 am
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Originally Posted by raincouver
Have I got something worded incorrectly? I applied online, giving me implied status. I went to the Peace Arch Crossing, through the US crossing, and back into Canada, where I had to re-apply and pay my WP fees. Both times I had to leave the country before my WP had arrived and this is what CIC instructed me to do.
I don't understand why you would apply online for an extension, to get implied status, then lose that status by going out of the country and flag poling?

Why not just wait for the extension in the post, or flag pole without applying online first?

But then again, if CIC told you to do it, nothing they say makes sense anyway
Old Dec 5th 2012, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

dancergem is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone...I have been looking on this for a while so decided to add my timeline. I applied through CEC program in May 2012 and it has been sent to Pilot Program in Ottawa. Recieved confirmation letter in September stating we would hear from them within 120days. Website has recently updated the wait times to 13 months but our local MP called CIC and they were advised that we would be waiting a "good 17 months" and should look at getting a LMO. Our permits expire start of July 2013 so I am getting concerned. I thought going through the Pilot was meant to be a quicker process? Please share any helpful info or experiences you may have!
Old Dec 6th 2012, 1:52 am
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dancergem
Hi Everyone...I have been looking on this for a while so decided to add my timeline. I applied through CEC program in May 2012 and it has been sent to Pilot Program in Ottawa. Recieved confirmation letter in September stating we would hear from them within 120days. Website has recently updated the wait times to 13 months but our local MP called CIC and they were advised that we would be waiting a "good 17 months" and should look at getting a LMO. Our permits expire start of July 2013 so I am getting concerned. I thought going through the Pilot was meant to be a quicker process? Please share any helpful info or experiences you may have!
I don't think you'll be waiting 17 months. That is the average processing time for the cases transferred from the Buffalo office back in July. I think your MP's office has either got mixed up, or Ottawa are covering their bases by telling everyone they could be waiting up to 17-18 months.

If I were you, I'd be getting work to sort out a new LMO in the new year, just in case, but I reckon you'll be done by May / June 2013.

All the best.
Old Dec 10th 2012, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

ness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really nice

I hope you're right Wolstie. Our PR started being processed July 2012, medicals done and received August 2012. Our TWPs run out mid Feb 2013 so we called our MPs office to see if they could find out current processing times and we got told Ottawa are saying the applications are taking 15 months.

This waiting lark is so hard lol!
Old Dec 10th 2012, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ness101
I hope you're right Wolstie. Our PR started being processed July 2012, medicals done and received August 2012. Our TWPs run out mid Feb 2013 so we called our MPs office to see if they could find out current processing times and we got told Ottawa are saying the applications are taking 15 months.

This waiting lark is so hard lol!
I hope you hear something soon, but remember, there's still people waiting who applied in the first half of 2011.
Old Dec 10th 2012, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

ness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really nice

I hope you hear something soon, but remember, there's still people waiting who applied in the first half of 2011.

We sent our application Jan 2012 under the fast track system to Sydney and now suffer the same frustration as others when we see people overtaking us!

Old Dec 11th 2012, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

Dorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond repute

Date File Transferred to Ottawa: Oct 29 2012
Date of Meds Request: Apr 23 2012
Date Medicals Sent: May 17 2012
Date of Police Check Request: Sent with application
Date Police Check sent:
Passport Request: Not yet
PR: Not yet

Not overly worried but confused as to how long the passport requests take from the dates given above - from all the stories people have quoted above. Also received letter on Apr 23 to say if we had not got anymore instructions after 120 days then to contact them. Am I supposed to contact them? Fact is I don't know what further instructions I am supposed to get - I just thought it was a matter of time and waiting! Can anyone remove the fog? from my eyes? -Please!!
Old Dec 12th 2012, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ness101
We sent our application Jan 2012 under the fast track system to Sydney and now suffer the same frustration as others when we see people overtaking us!

Yeah, I remember that. Really discouraging isn't it? You start to question if the people assessing these applications really have a proper system.

All the best.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dorftrottel
Date Police Check sent:

Not overly worried but confused as to how long the passport requests take from the dates given above - from all the stories people have quoted above. Also received letter on Apr 23 to say if we had not got anymore instructions after 120 days then to contact them. Am I supposed to contact them? Fact is I don't know what further instructions I am supposed to get - I just thought it was a matter of time and waiting! Can anyone remove the fog? from my eyes? -Please!!
You should contact them. This may result in a spurt of activity on your case and PPR. Or it may not.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

nooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of light

Just to give some hope to other, we got our passport request yesterday!

Date File Transferred to Ottawa: Feb 17th 2012
Date of Meds Request: Feb 17th 2012
Date Medicals Sent: May 5th 2012 (we didn't notice the medicals request in the acknowedgement from Ottawa)
Date Police Check sent: Sent with application
Passport Request: 11th Dec 2012

So that's within the 10 months estimate. Good luck everyone else waiting!
Old Dec 12th 2012, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

Dorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond repute

Yes - thank you I think I just might. I just reckon its just a matter of being patient and waiting out.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

Kers1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorftrottel
Date Police Check sent:

Hi there, my file went to Ottawa Oct 2011 and my meds/police check were all done by end of Dec 2011. I haven't had a request for passport yet but it was my understanding that this is requested once you have been approved.
The wait time published on the CIC site is now 11 months. However after speaking to the helpline it turns out this is from the date it is sent to Ottawa and not the date of application being received. I am over this time and all I have been advised I can do is wait. I have emailed Ottawa and its been a couple of days now so im hoping to get something personal as opposed to the generic 'check the website' message. Also Meds are only valid for 12 months so mines have run out, again I was advised to do nothing and just wait. So i would say that there isnt a timeline for requests as judging from everyone posts there isnt a set time. Keep us posted.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

Kers1978 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Originally Posted by nooka
Just to give some hope to other, we got our passport request yesterday!

Date File Transferred to Ottawa: Feb 17th 2012
Date of Meds Request: Feb 17th 2012
Date Medicals Sent: May 5th 2012 (we didn't notice the medicals request in the acknowedgement from Ottawa)
Date Police Check sent: Sent with application
Passport Request: 11th Dec 2012

So that's within the 10 months estimate. Good luck everyone else waiting!
Congratulations. This seems to be a record. I was just wondering, what route did you apply as? I just want to see if there is a correlation between different routes and wait times. (im BC PNP)
Old Dec 12th 2012, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kers1978
Hi there, my file went to Ottawa Oct 2011 and my meds/police check were all done by end of Dec 2011. I haven't had a request for passport yet but it was my understanding that this is requested once you have been approved.
The wait time published on the CIC site is now 11 months. However after speaking to the helpline it turns out this is from the date it is sent to Ottawa and not the date of application being received. I am over this time and all I have been advised I can do is wait. I have emailed Ottawa and its been a couple of days now so im hoping to get something personal as opposed to the generic 'check the website' message. Also Meds are only valid for 12 months so mines have run out, again I was advised to do nothing and just wait. So i would say that there isnt a timeline for requests as judging from everyone posts there isnt a set time. Keep us posted.
If you had no problems with the medicals, then they can now extend the validity of them until the visa is issued.

See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2012/ob423.asp

This was most likely introduced due to the backlog anticipated at CPP-Ottawa.

If the e-mail you get back isn't satisfactory, e-mail them every day stating: "My medicals will expire in x days, please indicate when my file will be completed".
Old Dec 12th 2012, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

JAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant future

think this whole PR thing is a joke.i came here aug 2009.had my medical in nov 2011,my file started in buffalo,then Ottawa,then back to buffalo,and back to Ottawa on July 7 this year,and im still none the wiser.the web site says the same as it did when i started the process."application received",aug 2011

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.