Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Old Nov 21st 2012, 10:04 pm
Just Joined

RossFulton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Originally Posted by mikey_c_9
We better get the ball rolling on our extensions then. Our TWP expires in Feb 2013.

Are you in BC? I heard you can flag pole in BC with a letter from BC PNP. Or did you extend online? Do you have the URL to extend online?

I don't fancy sending $300 on new TWP's either, especially if PPR comes through before the TWP expire, so the flagpole option appeals to me more as we can wait it out a bit longer...
I recently asked the BC PNP team about processing work permit extensions at the border and they advised the border don't process extensions anymore and that extensions will only be processed at Vegreville. Whether this is true in practice, I don't know.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

mikey_c_9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RossFulton
I recently asked the BC PNP team about processing work permit extensions at the border and they advised the border don't process extensions anymore and that extensions will only be processed at Vegreville. Whether this is true in practice, I don't know.
OK, thanks for the info!

Probably a ploy to get more money out of us! PPR will come the day after TWP expires
Old Nov 21st 2012, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

Kers1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh yes, I am aware of that.

But if I apply online I will have to pay the fees right away (doesn't it take up to 60 days when applying online?), if I flag pole I can leave it till days before my TWP expires, hoping that PPR comes in before that, saving me forking out $300.

Saying that, how long does it typically take for PPR to turnaround (if we send copies/photo's off same day)? If we get PPR through with only days left on the TWP, the turnaround may take us past the expiry date.

I guess I need to know how long before the TWP expires should we apply for the extension to make sure we keep our status.

Judging by most timelines - we "should" get PPR by January at the latest, but I'm not holding my breath. Our TWP expires mid-feb.
Hi there,
As long as you have applied before your TWP ends you are still legallly able to work as you will be on 'implied status' which lasts for 90 days. So as long as you have applied you will be covered within that time to allow for processing. Hopefully, the PR's will come in Jan but I wouldn't apply too late. Give yourself a couple of weeks to be on the safe side maybe. I know its hard as you dont want to have to shell out more money. But its best to do things properly.
to Mickey_c_9 - In regards to extending with a PNP, you need the confirmation letter to be dated within six months so just contact the PNP office and ask them to send you a confirmation with a new date and let them know what its for which is what i done so should be okay for everyone.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 10:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kers1978
Hi there,
As long as you have applied before your TWP ends you are still legallly able to work as you will be on 'implied status' which lasts for 90 days. So as long as you have applied you will be covered within that time to allow for processing. Hopefully, the PR's will come in Jan but I wouldn't apply too late. Give yourself a couple of weeks to be on the safe side maybe. I know its hard as you dont want to have to shell out more money. But its best to do things properly.
to Mickey_c_9 - In regards to extending with a PNP, you need the confirmation letter to be dated within six months so just contact the PNP office and ask them to send you a confirmation with a new date and let them know what its for which is what i done so should be okay for everyone.
Once I have applied for the TWP extension you mean? So basically, whilst the TWP extension is going through, I can work on Implied status for 90 days? (extension or PPR will need to come through before 90 days is up?) That's cool, and gives me a little bit more time to wait.

Our BC PNP approval letter was just over a year ago (11/16/2011), so will need to get a new letter from them - thanks for the heads up! (any idea how long they take to send these out?)

I assumed it would all be done and dusted by now so didn't even think about this scenario, so I'm completely unprepared.

Thanks again for all the info.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

Kers1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ya,
Yes - 90 days grace period after your current TWP runs out while you wait for the new TWP or PR approval.
Re: the PNP letter, I got mines emailed to me the same day and sent in the post. When i applied online i just attached it as a document.
Old Nov 27th 2012, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

Phileas_Fogg is an unknown quantity at this point

Been lurking here for a while, thought I'd add my timeline for what it's worth.

Family Class (Spousal-outland): June 6, 2012 rec'd by CPC-M
Sponsorship Approved: July 28, 2012
PPR: TBD by CPP-O
Old Nov 28th 2012, 6:16 am
Coaldale Alberta

Trying to live the Dream is an unknown quantity at this point

So finally got a reply from management in ottawa,have been told that an officer will review our file at the latest the end of this year so hopefully should get ppr request soon
Old Nov 28th 2012, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Trying to live the Dream
So finally got a reply from management in ottawa,have been told that an officer will review our file at the latest the end of this year so hopefully should get ppr request soon
Best of luck
Old Nov 28th 2012, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

That's progress! What date did you complete your medicals?
Old Nov 28th 2012, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

RossFulton is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a similar reply a few weeks ago citing that my file will be reviewed in a 'few weeks'. No change in my online status though - still at 'Application Received'. But at least we are seeing some sign of life!
Old Nov 29th 2012, 4:01 am
Coaldale Alberta

Trying to live the Dream is an unknown quantity at this point

That's progress! What date did you complete your medicals?
We had medicals 12 october 2011,they also said they are applying for an extension on our meds
nominated on ainp nov 2009
applied provincially jan 2010
federal application may 2011
Old Dec 1st 2012, 4:02 am
Just Joined

Rahul234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Scheme Applied Under: AINP
Date of PR Application: Feb 8 2012
Office sent to: Ottawa
Date of Meds Request: April 24 2012
Date Medicals Sent: June 18 2012
eCAS Status:"Application Received on March 1 2012"
"Medicals Received"

Last edited by Rahul234; Dec 1st 2012 at 4:11 am.
Old Dec 1st 2012, 6:10 am
Just Joined

raincouver is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kers1978
Hi there,
I've flagpoled twice while waiting for PR. It's really important to apply online first, and then, as you mentioned, you have implied satus.

As long as they haven't changed the rules, (def. verify with CIC, don't just take my word for it,) you can cross into the States, and then on your way back in, you need to submit all your paperwork to recieve your twp. If you have your BC PNP letter of support, it's pretty much a breeze. I'm even flagged in the system from 2009, (a very stupid misunderstanding that has branded me since!) and I've never ecountered any problems.

By the way, you have to pay online for your TWP before you cross the border. Then, at the border, you are essentially voiding your first application, including the payment. Thus, you must pay at the border. You will then recieve a refund cheque several weeks later from CIC.

If you don't need to cross, you may want to get the application done online and then just wait it out. I'm totally with you--it's so silly that you have to pay for TWP if you're nearly approved. I've done two since starting the process.

Best of luck!
Old Dec 1st 2012, 11:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by raincouver
I've flagpoled twice while waiting for PR. It's really important to apply online first, and then, as you mentioned, you have implied satus.
That doesn't make any sense. As soon as you leave the country when on implied status (even to flagpole), you lose implied status.
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 12:23 am
Just Joined

raincouver is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wolstie
That doesn't make any sense. As soon as you leave the country when on implied status (even to flagpole), you lose implied status.
Have I got something worded incorrectly? I applied online, giving me implied status. I went to the Peace Arch Crossing, through the US crossing, and back into Canada, where I had to re-apply and pay my WP fees. Both times I had to leave the country before my WP had arrived and this is what CIC instructed me to do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.