Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Old Nov 7th 2012, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

mikey_c_9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

I emailed them and they replied with, check our Frequently asked questions.

Which basically says - if we need more info we will contact you - otherwise wait.

Continue to wait I shall.
Old Nov 7th 2012, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

KeithSonja will become famous soon enoughKeithSonja will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by snomys
No, Detroit, didn't even occur to me at the time to send off anything more, but they seemed to accept it. obviously based on the above I don't recommend anyone else does this.
What was the timeline from sending your passports to Detroit before you had your PR sent back to you?

Just wondering how quick they are turning them around?

Thanks
Old Nov 7th 2012, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by KeithSonja
What was the timeline from sending your passports to Detroit before you had your PR sent back to you?

Just wondering how quick they are turning them around?

Thanks
We got ours back from Detroit in 8 business days.
Old Nov 8th 2012, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

KeithSonja will become famous soon enoughKeithSonja will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by wolstie
We got ours back from Detroit in 8 business days.
Thank you Wolstie

Congrats on your PR!!
Old Nov 12th 2012, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

sb477sb477 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, have been following this thread for a while (UK citizen), and thought I would post my timeline below for your reference. Good luck to everyone!

I applied under the MPNP.

31 Aug 2011 - Submitted provincial application
10 Nov 2011 - LOA from MPNP received
04 January 2012 - Submitted federal application
10 February 2012 - AOR, transferred to CPP-O and medical request
14 February 2012 - Medical exam completed
05 March 2012 - "Medical Results have been received"
03 May 2012 - "We started processing your application..."
09 November 2012 - PPR (received email from CPP-O to send my documents to Detroit)
Old Nov 13th 2012, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by KeithSonja
Thank you Wolstie

Congrats on your PR!!
Thanks KeithSonja.

Not long to go for you now I think. July 2012 transferred cases seem to be dripping through the system at a steady rate now.
Old Nov 16th 2012, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

Kers1978 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Hi All,
First of all, good luck to you all. I have five people on my app so im hoping this hasn't delayed things as I can see that a few people have their PR's especially who applied via ON PNP. Im a bit annoyed with CIC as Canadian Experience class is processing at 14 months and apps. of my type were supposed to be fast tracked!
Anyway's Im checking my mailbox everyday for an early christmas present.
Look forward to following post.

Scheme Applied Under: BCPNP
Date of PR Application: July 20 2011
Office sent to: Buffalo
Date File Transferred to Ottawa: Oct 27 2011
Date of Meds Request: Nov 5 2011
Date Medicals Sent: Nov 11 2011
Date of Police Check Request: Sent with app
Date Police Check sent: Further info requested for husband, Nov 2011 sent Dec 2011
Passport Request:
PR:
Old Nov 18th 2012, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

sharaik is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kers1978
Hi All,
First of all, good luck to you all. I have five people on my app so im hoping this hasn't delayed things as I can see that a few people have their PR's especially who applied via ON PNP. Im a bit annoyed with CIC as Canadian Experience class is processing at 14 months and apps. of my type were supposed to be fast tracked!
Anyway's Im checking my mailbox everyday for an early christmas present.
Look forward to following post.

Scheme Applied Under: BCPNP
Date of PR Application: July 20 2011
Office sent to: Buffalo
Date File Transferred to Ottawa: Oct 27 2011
Date of Meds Request: Nov 5 2011
Date Medicals Sent: Nov 11 2011
Date of Police Check Request: Sent with app
Date Police Check sent: Further info requested for husband, Nov 2011 sent Dec 2011
Passport Request:
PR:
I am a March 2011 applicant and still waiting How much longer will it take!!!
Old Nov 18th 2012, 4:33 pm
Coaldale Alberta

Trying to live the Dream is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sharaik
I am a March 2011 applicant and still waiting How much longer will it take!!!
We are also early 2011 federal applicants,we have been doing all this since Jan 2010 on the PNP and are getting really tired of everything we do falling on deaf ears.Two e,mails to Mr Kenney no reply, local federal mp not interested, and e,mails to Ottawa well even though the goverment website states that if you are over processing time you are entitled to a review of your application,we have even contacted higher management in Ottawa,not one reply.Sorry for the rant,but this is seriously disgusting way to treat people who they begged to come over here to fill much needed positions,sell everything back home,move your family out here,new schools for our children,loss of family and friends,AND ALL THEY CAN SAY IS BE PATIENT,WHAT A JOKE
Old Nov 18th 2012, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

sheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant future
Thumbs down Re: Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Originally Posted by Trying to live the Dream
We are also early 2011 federal applicants,we have been doing all this since Jan 2010 on the PNP and are getting really tired of everything we do falling on deaf ears.Two e,mails to Mr Kenney no reply, local federal mp not interested, and e,mails to Ottawa well even though the goverment website states that if you are over processing time you are entitled to a review of your application,we have even contacted higher management in Ottawa,not one reply.Sorry for the rant,but this is seriously disgusting way to treat people who they begged to come over here to fill much needed positions,sell everything back home,move your family out here,new schools for our children,loss of family and friends,AND ALL THEY CAN SAY IS BE PATIENT,WHAT A JOKE
This sounds just like a mirror image of my situation too , I agree it is just disgusting how they can treat people like this , I'm paying some ******* high taxes for the pleasure of this to
Old Nov 20th 2012, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sheera67
This sounds just like a mirror image of my situation too , I agree it is just disgusting how they can treat people like this , I'm paying some ******* high taxes for the pleasure of this to
What are you guys doing in regards to a work permit/visa? Did you extend your current visa with your PNP acceptance?

Seems like you have been waiting for PR for some time...
Old Nov 21st 2012, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

sheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mikey_c_9
What are you guys doing in regards to a work permit/visa? Did you extend your current visa with your PNP acceptance?

Seems like you have been waiting for PR for some time...
I have extended my once , will have to extend again it looks like before July 2013 , at that time I will have been in Canada for 4 years on a twp
Old Nov 21st 2012, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sheera67
I have extended my once , will have to extend again it looks like before July 2013 , at that time I will have been in Canada for 4 years on a twp
We better get the ball rolling on our extensions then. Our TWP expires in Feb 2013.

Are you in BC? I heard you can flag pole in BC with a letter from BC PNP. Or did you extend online? Do you have the URL to extend online?

I don't fancy sending $300 on new TWP's either, especially if PPR comes through before the TWP expire, so the flagpole option appeals to me more as we can wait it out a bit longer...
Old Nov 21st 2012, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

MrWindUpBird is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mikey_c_9
We better get the ball rolling on our extensions then. Our TWP expires in Feb 2013.

Are you in BC? I heard you can flag pole in BC with a letter from BC PNP. Or did you extend online? Do you have the URL to extend online?

I don't fancy sending $300 on new TWP's either, especially if PPR comes through before the TWP expire, so the flagpole option appeals to me more as we can wait it out a bit longer...
You'll still have to pay the application fee if you apply at the border.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MrWindUpBird
You'll still have to pay the application fee if you apply at the border.
Oh yes, I am aware of that.

But if I apply online I will have to pay the fees right away (doesn't it take up to 60 days when applying online?), if I flag pole I can leave it till days before my TWP expires, hoping that PPR comes in before that, saving me forking out $300.

Saying that, how long does it typically take for PPR to turnaround (if we send copies/photo's off same day)? If we get PPR through with only days left on the TWP, the turnaround may take us past the expiry date.

I guess I need to know how long before the TWP expires should we apply for the extension to make sure we keep our status.

Judging by most timelines - we "should" get PPR by January at the latest, but I'm not holding my breath. Our TWP expires mid-feb.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.