Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Old Sep 12th 2012, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

sheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Just to let you guys know , I applied in nov 2010 , got email from Sydney ns in march 2011 , file sent to buffalo , since march 2011 I have not had a single word from cic buffalo or cic Ottawa , now to me the timeline I have is just ridiculous , I'm working and paying high taxes ,my wife is working and also paying high taxes , we are both skilled workers , really Canada the way you treat people that you are so called looking for (skilled workers) is a joke, I'm sorry about the rant but it is just beyond believable now
Old Sep 12th 2012, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

KeithSonja will become famous soon enoughKeithSonja will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sheera67
Just to let you guys know , I applied in nov 2010 , got email from Sydney ns in march 2011 , file sent to buffalo , since march 2011 I have not had a single word from cic buffalo or cic Ottawa , now to me the timeline I have is just ridiculous , I'm working and paying high taxes ,my wife is working and also paying high taxes , we are both skilled workers , really Canada the way you treat people that you are so called looking for (skilled workers) is a joke, I'm sorry about the rant but it is just beyond believable now
I totally understand your frustration

We were told in February by CIC Ottawa that all was well and that we should expect PPR within 8 weeks, 12 weeks later they suddenly asked for more info and said that we should have never received the PPR email and that it was a mistake. Took us a while to get the extra info due to a useless Lawyer in the UK - sent it off to Ottawa over a month ago and now stuck playing the waiting game again
Old Sep 12th 2012, 6:04 am
Coaldale Alberta

Trying to live the Dream is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RossFulton
Let us know if you manage to get a reply from Ottawa. All I ever get told is that estimated timelines for applications are on the CIC website...except Ottawa isn't on their list of offices and they're clearly not honouring the 15 months we were told having applied originally to Buffalo!
So we got a reply from ottawa 5days later from sending e,mail,what a complete waste of time.Basically said thanks for our patience and no more information required at this time and being processed,nothing about over 15 months and any reassurance that all will be done before meds run out,so next call local fmp again and if no joy there,e,mail to Mr kenney the federal immigration minister,really getting fed up with this system.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

Passports requested this morning

Hope all those 2011 cases still waiting, hear something soon
Old Sep 12th 2012, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

RossFulton is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wolstie

Congrats. Did you ever receive a request for a police check?
Old Sep 12th 2012, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by RossFulton
Congrats. Did you ever receive a request for a police check?
No. We sent them at the beginning with our application, but they never requested updated ones.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 4:35 am
Coaldale Alberta

Trying to live the Dream is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news,maybe things are moving now the summer breaks are over
Old Sep 30th 2012, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

sharaik is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a March 2011 applicant and it has been 20 months now. There is nothing more I can do that wait. My file got transferred to Ottawa in July. Anyone who got PPR who got their files transferred in July?

Has anyone contacted their MP and any definite answer was provided? I have heard that they are intending to finalise all transfer cases from Buffalo by January 2013! Has anyone else heard that?

I just hope its true... and this wait is over!
Old Sep 30th 2012, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sharaik
I am a March 2011 applicant and it has been 20 months now. There is nothing more I can do that wait. My file got transferred to Ottawa in July. Anyone who got PPR who got their files transferred in July?

Has anyone contacted their MP and any definite answer was provided? I have heard that they are intending to finalise all transfer cases from Buffalo by January 2013! Has anyone else heard that?

I just hope its true... and this wait is over!
We were transferred on July 7th. PPR on September 12th.

Got my GCMS notes the same day we got passports back. My 'due by date' was meant to be 15th October.

Involved MP and senior management at CPP-Ottawa. Perhaps thats why I was seen to earlier.

Best of luck.
Old Sep 30th 2012, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

We were transferred on July 7th. PPR on September 12th.

Got my GCMS notes the same day we got passports back. My 'due by date' was meant to be 15th October.

Involved MP and senior management at CPP-Ottawa. Perhaps thats why I was seen to earlier.

Best of luck.

How did you involve senior management at Ottawa? When your due date was oct 15th, is it possible for you to tell officer at buffalo but that date or at ottawa? I first got my gcms in july, the due date was in sept, but then later it got changed to july? I wonder how much further I need to wait. I went in process around may!
Old Sep 30th 2012, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

How did you involve senior management at Ottawa? When your due date was oct 15th, is it possible for you to tell officer at buffalo but that date or at ottawa? I first got my gcms in july, the due date was in sept, but then later it got changed to july? I wonder how much further I need to wait. I went in process around may!
Not sure what you mean with the sentences in red. From my previous GCMS notes earlier in the year, my due date was 30th August 2012. On 30th August 2012, E-Cas changed to "We started processing on 30th August 2012".

It seems that my due date was pushed to 15th October when they started processing.

Last edited by wolstie; Sep 30th 2012 at 11:01 pm.
Old Oct 1st 2012, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

Not sure what you mean with the sentences in red. From my previous GCMS notes earlier in the year, my due date was 30th August 2012. On 30th August 2012, E-Cas changed to "We started processing on 30th August 2012".

It seems that my due date was pushed to 15th October when they started processing.
The due date of Oct 15, was it under Application Assisgnment? What I meant was the new due date, was it done by a visa officer in buffalo or ottawa? It seems, your eligiblity was verified in Ottawa on 30th august and thats when they gave you another due date of October 15th?

Your updated date under GCMS would be august 30th then?
Old Oct 1st 2012, 2:24 am
BE Enthusiast

The due date of Oct 15, was it under Application Assisgnment? What I meant was the new due date, was it done by a visa officer in buffalo or ottawa? It seems, your eligiblity was verified in Ottawa on 30th august and thats when they gave you another due date of October 15th?

Your updated date under GCMS would be august 30th then?

Yes it seems everything was updated / verified in Ottawa, and the 15th October is under Application Assignment.

Last edited by wolstie; Oct 1st 2012 at 2:32 am.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 12:29 am
Just Joined

lepatissier07 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi guys,

got my PPR today from Ottawa, to be sent to Detroit. They want a passport photocopy. All pages? Or just the identification part, with the pic etc... ?

App. Filed: 27th October 2011
AOR+Meds: 3rd May 2012
PPR : 4th October 2012

thx,
lepatissier07
Old Oct 5th 2012, 1:19 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by lepatissier07
hi guys,

got my PPR today from Ottawa, to be sent to Detroit. They want a passport photocopy. All pages? Or just the identification part, with the pic etc... ?

App. Filed: 27th October 2011
AOR+Meds: 3rd May 2012
PPR : 4th October 2012

thx,
lepatissier07
Each and every page.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.