Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Old Aug 28th 2012, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

snomys is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Originally Posted by Trying to live the Dream
That was very fast,i take it your going through Sydney Nova Scotia,try forms in March 2011 meds oct 2011 and still waiting for passport request August 2012
Initially sent to Buffalo, then forms transferred to CPP Ottawa is all I know. It was a relatively simple application, just me, I already have a job here and experience, maybe you have more people or different circumstances on your application, anyway, good luck!
Old Aug 28th 2012, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

We received our request for copies of our passprts last Wednesday. All being well we will get our COPR in a couple of weeks time
Old Aug 29th 2012, 1:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DandNHill
We received our request for copies of our passprts last Wednesday. All being well we will get our COPR in a couple of weeks time
Brilliant news, hope the COPR arrives very soon for you
Old Aug 29th 2012, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by snomys
Initially sent to Buffalo, then forms transferred to CPP Ottawa is all I know. It was a relatively simple application, just me, I already have a job here and experience, maybe you have more people or different circumstances on your application, anyway, good luck!
Trying to Live the Dream is in the same boat as myself - we just had the misfortune to apply 4 months earlier than we should have done, and have ended up in the black hole of transferred cases between Buffalo and Ottawa.

Whilst I am genuinely happy for people that are currently sailing through the CPP-Ottawa office after only 5 - 8 months, I also find it pretty disgusting that early 2011 applicants are not being seen to first. Ottawa are prioritising and processing their own (non-transferred, or transferred mid- end 2011) cases first, likely only to ensure that their processing times are kept down.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

sheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant future
Thumbs down Re: Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Woltsie this is a very good point
Old Aug 30th 2012, 3:56 am
Coaldale Alberta

Trying to live the Dream is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sheera67
Woltsie this is a very good point
Hey wolstie at least someone understands our position and i thank you for that,so we are literally 2 days from our 15 months that was given by buffalo(not sure what ottawa,s processing times are,now we have been transferred there)and have decided to send an e,mail to ottawa.We are getting really frustrated with sitting around here in canada paying taxes and all,working for someone that i would have left over 3 years ago but cannot because of my pnp,and having to wait to start new job.So we have asked for a realistic time frame to complete(meds done 12oct 2011)so either my file will go back to the bottom of the pile or some compassoinate person in that office just might and i mean just might give us some answers,getting really tired of all this worrying about my wife and two small children living on a knife edge,sorry for the rant
Old Aug 30th 2012, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

Hey wolstie at least someone understands our position and i thank you for that,so we are literally 2 days from our 15 months that was given by buffalo(not sure what ottawa,s processing times are,now we have been transferred there)and have decided to send an e,mail to ottawa.We are getting really frustrated with sitting around here in canada paying taxes and all,working for someone that i would have left over 3 years ago but cannot because of my pnp,and having to wait to start new job.So we have asked for a realistic time frame to complete(meds done 12oct 2011)so either my file will go back to the bottom of the pile or some compassoinate person in that office just might and i mean just might give us some answers,getting really tired of all this worrying about my wife and two small children living on a knife edge,sorry for the rant
Get onto your MP, explain that medicals will be expiring in a month. Also, literally send the CPP-Ottawa office an e-mail everyday.

I had a response back yesterday that they are optimistic my file will be finalised prior to medicals expiring, and to show a little patience. Ha ha, easier said than done.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 2:46 pm
Coaldale Alberta

Originally Posted by wolstie
Get onto your MP, explain that medicals will be expiring in a month. Also, literally send the CPP-Ottawa office an e-mail everyday.

I had a response back yesterday that they are optimistic my file will be finalised prior to medicals expiring, and to show a little patience. Ha ha, easier said than done.
We tried that 6 weeks ago,thats how we found out are file was at ottawa and we were also told to have some patience lol(not that 3yrs on the whole AINP is not being patient)anyway wife is going to speak with MP again this week,but thanks for the advice and lets just hope
Old Aug 31st 2012, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

RossFulton is an unknown quantity at this point

Let us know if you manage to get a reply from Ottawa. All I ever get told is that estimated timelines for applications are on the CIC website...except Ottawa isn't on their list of offices and they're clearly not honouring the 15 months we were told having applied originally to Buffalo!
Old Sep 1st 2012, 12:51 am
Coaldale Alberta

Originally Posted by RossFulton
Let us know if you manage to get a reply from Ottawa. All I ever get told is that estimated timelines for applications are on the CIC website...except Ottawa isn't on their list of offices and they're clearly not honouring the 15 months we were told having applied originally to Buffalo!
Well it,s friday 08/31/12 and still have not received a reply to a valid e,mail i send to ottawa on 08/28/12,says it all really and wife went to see local FMP but no help mp was not there and most of staff on vacation for 2 weeks and the guy she spoke with,well lets leave it at that !
But if we do get a reply will post any useful information
Old Sep 2nd 2012, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

sharaik is an unknown quantity at this point

Any updates guys? I am a march 2011 applicant, been 18 months now Whenever I have contacted I have been told that the file is in queue and need to wait.

File was received at Ottawa in July, I wonder how much longer do I need to wait.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

Newcfam is an unknown quantity at this point

any body heard I am aswell in similar situation where our medicals will expire at end of Oct , we were only just advised recently after I suspected may of been case but we were transferred to Ottowa lately and that they did tell my immigration consultant that medicals are received and passed (but my thing is why would they need to transfer to Ottowa just for passport requests?? ) I hope we all here something this week Positive thoughts ;-)
Old Sep 10th 2012, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Newcfam
any body heard I am aswell in similar situation where our medicals will expire at end of Oct , we were only just advised recently after I suspected may of been case but we were transferred to Ottowa lately and that they did tell my immigration consultant that medicals are received and passed (but my thing is why would they need to transfer to Ottowa just for passport requests?? ) I hope we all here something this week Positive thoughts ;-)
They don't transfer the files to Ottawa simply for the passport requests but because the Buffalo office closed and sent all unfinished files to Ottawa which now not only process their own but also have to finish the Buffalo ones. Don't get me started on the unjust and unfair way this is being dealt with and the missmanagement of closing an office and not having enough people to work on the increased number of files, which leaves lots of us in limbo. Write to your MP and request info on how much longer it'll take as your meds are about to expire.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

KeithSonja will become famous soon enoughKeithSonja will become famous soon enough

We emailed Ottawa on August 8th -normally we get a reply within a week, but that was before Buffalo sent all their files to Ottawa! Its been over a month and we still haven't had a reply, so I emailed again today!!

I really would like to get our PPR before THIS Christmas!!!!
Old Sep 11th 2012, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KeithSonja
I really would like to get our PPR before THIS Christmas!!!!
So would I. Wouldn't mind Thanksgiving neither though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.