Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Case Processing Pilot - Fingerprints requirement?

Wikiposts

Case Processing Pilot - Fingerprints requirement?

Old Aug 25th 2012, 2:45 am
Just Joined

testinz is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Case Processing Pilot - Fingerprints requirement?

Hello

I am sponsoring for my parents. Their applications are being processed in Ottawa (Case Processing Pilot). The letter from Case Processing Pilot asked for Fingerprints with link to RCMP website. I am wondering whether I should send the "fingerprints" directly to Immigration Canada or submit the fingerprints to RCMP for the "Certified Criminal Record Check" and then let RCMP send it to Immigration Canada? The instruction (below) is not very clear so I'm a bit confused on what to do.

The fingerprints are done at Canadian Embassy in a foreign country.

Thanks!

---------------------------------

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue processing your application, please submit the following document

- Fingerprints for: Name Here

For detailed instructions, please refer to our website:

rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm

IMPORTANT

The above document(s) must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this notice. If we do not receive a response within 60 days from the date of this notice, a decision will be made based on the information on your file, which could lead to the refusal of your application.
Old Aug 25th 2012, 7:00 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Case Processing Pilot - Fingerprints requirement?

Hi

Originally Posted by testinz
Hello

I am sponsoring for my parents. Their applications are being processed in Ottawa (Case Processing Pilot). The letter from Case Processing Pilot asked for Fingerprints with link to RCMP website. I am wondering whether I should send the "fingerprints" directly to Immigration Canada or submit the fingerprints to RCMP for the "Certified Criminal Record Check" and then let RCMP send it to Immigration Canada? The instruction (below) is not very clear so I'm a bit confused on what to do.

The fingerprints are done at Canadian Embassy in a foreign country.

Thanks!

---------------------------------

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue processing your application, please submit the following document

- Fingerprints for: Name Here

For detailed instructions, please refer to our website:

rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm

IMPORTANT

The above document(s) must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this notice. If we do not receive a response within 60 days from the date of this notice, a decision will be made based on the information on your file, which could lead to the refusal of your application.
1. Where are your parents? If they are in Canada, then you can have digital prints done at one of the CIC authorized agencies. Corp of Commissionaires is one.
2. If not, probably have to be done at a local police station where they reside and then be forwarded to the RCMP. The embassy doesn't do fingerprinting.
3. 60 days is a laugh. 18 weeks is the processing time shown on the RCMP site. http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/time-temps-eng.htm
Old Aug 25th 2012, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

testinz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Case Processing Pilot - Fingerprints requirement?

Thanks PMM. In that case, I shouldn't send the paper fingerprints directly to CIC and get it processed by RCMP first?

I might have to send them to Canada for the electronic version if they really want me to go through RCMP. 60 days requirement is way too short!

Thanks!

Last edited by testinz; Aug 25th 2012 at 2:03 pm.