Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Carrying dependant's passport for stamping

Wikiposts

Carrying dependant's passport for stamping

Old Dec 31st 2004, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

rahul_singh23 will become famous soon enoughrahul_singh23 will become famous soon enough
Default Carrying dependant's passport for stamping

As per Canadian Consulate Hong Kong website:

"Dependants, if any, are not required to accompany the principal applicant to Hong Kong and, due to space restrictions, they will not be granted access to the waiting room if they do, nor will they be permitted to wait outside the waiting room. Please ensure, however, that you bring the passports of all family members who will receive visas."

Does law of Hong Kong allow to carry passport of other people(dependants)?
Old Dec 31st 2004, 4:00 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Carrying dependant's passport for stamping

Originally Posted by rahul_singh23

"Dependants, if any, are not required to accompany the principal applicant to Hong Kong and, due to space restrictions, they will not be granted access to the waiting room if they do, nor will they be permitted to wait outside the waiting room. Please ensure, however, that you bring the passports of all family members who will receive visas."

Yes it does.
Old Dec 31st 2004, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

rahul_singh23 will become famous soon enoughrahul_singh23 will become famous soon enough

I emailed to general enquiry of HK immigration and they replied:
"According to laws of HK which does not confine anyone to carry passports of other persons. "

I am wondering do I have take letter of support from dependant or any other way?

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Yes it does.
Old Dec 31st 2004, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

eyey is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife is the PA and we all together (plus 3 kids) went to Hong Kong to pick up our visa. My wife went alone to the Canadian Consulate by herself and had all the passports stamped.

Hope this helps.

Old Dec 31st 2004, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

Is it not possible that I take the passport of my wife and kid so that there is no need to travel for them? Anyway they need primary applicant for getting visas on all the passport.

Originally Posted by eyey
My wife is the PA and we all together (plus 3 kids) went to Hong Kong to pick up our visa. My wife went alone to the Canadian Consulate by herself and had all the passports stamped.

Hope this helps.
Old Dec 31st 2004, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

eyey is an unknown quantity at this point

IMHO.
I think, it is not necessary for the dependants to accompany the PA to Hkg, PA can just travel alone and bring all the passports to the consulate and have them stamped.

That was also our plan before, but then since we never visited Hkg, we all traveled to Hkg for a vacation last July 2004.

Is it not possible that I take the passport of my wife and kid so that there is no need to travel for them? Anyway they need primary applicant for getting visas on all the passport.
Old Dec 31st 2004, 3:51 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

The answer is there already. Take the passports yourself and you will get the visas stamped into them.