Cap Limit and application lodging

Old Oct 28th 2013, 9:06 am
Just Joined

wolfheart_2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cap Limit and application lodging

Hi,

I have a question regarding the cap limit and the app fees payment.

I have the IELTS and i have made my assessment of my qualification and i have total points of 68. My sister already have the PR card which i guess can increase my point more 5 points.

Anyway, When i navigated CIC website i saw that the cap limit was reached for my category of FSW. I didn't pay the fees yet as i'm afraid i would lose my money if submitted my application now. What would happen if i paid the fees and sent the application now, would CIC process my application next time when the selection reopen? or should i wait untill then? what would happen if let's say 1000 qualified application received at the same time at their office, how do they select the 300 apps??

I also would like t know when do the application processing starts every year

I need an advice regarding that matter.

Thanks for all

Last edited by wolfheart_2001; Oct 28th 2013 at 9:20 am.
Old Oct 28th 2013, 9:13 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cap Limit and application lodging

Originally Posted by wolfheart_2001
I have the IELTS and i have made my assessment of my qualification and i have total points of 68. My sister already have the PR card which i guess can increase my point more 5 points.
And she lives in Canada and you can prove that? Her just being a PR isn't enough.

Anyway, When i navigated CIC website i saw that the cap limit was reached for my category of FSW. I didn't pay the fees yet as i'm afraid i would lose my money if submitted my application now. What would happen if i paid the fees and sent the application now, would CIC process my application next time when the selection reopen? or should i wait untill then? what would happen if let's say 1000 qualified application received at the same time at their office, how do they select the 300 apps??
If the cap has been met in your occupation, then you can't apply now (well, you could but it would just be returned!). The fee wouldn't be taken, as you aren't eligible to apply, there simply isn't space for you. If it says the cap has been filled (what NOC are you applying under?) then that's it, no further applications will be considered.
Old Oct 29th 2013, 11:25 pm
Just Joined

wolfheart_2001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
And she lives in Canada and you can prove that? Her just being a PR isn't enough.

If the cap has been met in your occupation, then you can't apply now (well, you could but it would just be returned!). The fee wouldn't be taken, as you aren't eligible to apply, there simply isn't space for you. If it says the cap has been filled (what NOC are you applying under?) then that's it, no further applications will be considered.
Hi christmasoompa
My sister have the PR card only but she have to go within 6 months for 3 years stay in Canada. Even if i didn't get those 5 points i still have 68 points.

The NOC i apply under is computer programmer 2174 (I have bachelor of computer engineering but have worked as java developer for 8 years). I saw that the cap reached 300 and can't apply unless i have a job offer (Which is impossible as no job position shall wait for months waiting).

Anyway, based on your response when do you think i should send my application and pay the fees??
Old Oct 29th 2013, 11:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi christmasoompa
My sister have the PR card only but she have to go within 6 months for 3 years stay in Canada. Even if i didn't get those 5 points i still have 68 points.
OK, so you wouldn't get point as she's not actually living there - you'd have to provide proof of her residing in Canada to get the points.

Anyway, based on your response when do you think i should send my application and pay the fees??
You shouldn't. You are not eligible to apply now, so it would be a complete waste of time and money.

All you can do is wait and see if your occupation is still on the eligible occupations list next year, and apply in May 2014 if so.

HTH.