Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Can't remember all of the dates that I've visited?

Can't remember all of the dates that I've visited?

Old Feb 5th 2005, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

mark-r is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can't remember all of the dates that I've visited?

Hi, I can't remember all of the dates that I have visited my wife in Canada, my wife can remember her dates, but all I have are the dates I left for canada as there are stamps in my passport, I can't remember the dates that I left canada.

I can probably get a few leaving dates together, but not all. Will this be a problem?

I'm thinking of attaching a letter stating that I can't remember the dates, but detailing that my trips were generally around ten days give or take, and I definately didn't stay longer than the given 6 months.

Do you think this will be okay I'm worried it won't be good enough?

If someone could shed some light I'd appreciate it! hopefully seeing that I have left for canada will be good enough?

Thanks,
Mark.

Last edited by mark-r; Feb 5th 2005 at 2:50 pm.
Old Feb 5th 2005, 4:00 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can't remember all of the dates that I've visited?

Originally Posted by mark-r
Hi, I can't remember all of the dates that I have visited my wife in Canada, my wife can remember her dates, but all I have are the dates I left for canada as there are stamps in my passport, I can't remember the dates that I left canada.

I can probably get a few leaving dates together, but not all. Will this be a problem?

I'm thinking of attaching a letter stating that I can't remember the dates, but detailing that my trips were generally around ten days give or take, and I definately didn't stay longer than the given 6 months.

Do you think this will be okay I'm worried it won't be good enough?

If someone could shed some light I'd appreciate it! hopefully seeing that I have left for canada will be good enough?

Thanks,
Mark.
No one can expect you to remember exactly how long you stayed if you have no exit stamps from Canada and no entry stamps from wherever you went back to. Just explain that they are estimates.
Old Feb 5th 2005, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

mark-r is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can't remember all of the dates that I've visited?

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
No one can expect you to remember exactly how long you stayed if you have no exit stamps from Canada and no entry stamps from wherever you went back to. Just explain that they are estimates.
ok great.

it's hard to think of how clean cut immigration want everything you know!! gets you paranoid

or me anyway!!

thanks jim.