Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Cant open latest IMM0008 - Nov 2015

Wikiposts

Cant open latest IMM0008 - Nov 2015

Old Jan 30th 2016, 2:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cant open latest IMM0008 - Nov 2015

I have an earlier version downloaded and completed (02-2015) but for the life of me I can't open the current version. I have tried on three different browsers on two different PC, each with the latest version of Adobe PDF.

I keep getting the 'If this message is not eventually replaced.....' displayed.

I have no problems at all with any other PDF's on the cic.gc.ca site or any other site.

Must I have the very latest form? I intend to send do the formal submission in June 2016. Or how do I get the latest version?
Old Jan 30th 2016, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

bramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant future
Default Re: Cant open latest IMM0008 - Nov 2015

You have to save the file once it opens (even with the 'Please wait' message).

I had this problem repeatedly.

Save the file to you desktop.
Open Acrobat Reader (make sure you have the latest version).
Open the file from Acrobat and it should be accessible.
Old Jan 30th 2016, 2:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Well b*gg*r me! If that ain't counter-intuitive!

It worked, so thanks very much. I work on PC's and have done so for many years and that's a first on me!
Old Jan 30th 2016, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

bramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant future

That's great. It is absurd isn't it? I filled in the online feedback forms a couple of times to no avail.

I only worked it out by total fluke trying to open something else!
Old Jan 30th 2016, 7:35 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
I have an earlier version downloaded and completed (02-2015) but for the life of me I can't open the current version. I have tried on three different browsers on two different PC, each with the latest version of Adobe PDF.

I keep getting the 'If this message is not eventually replaced.....' displayed.

I have no problems at all with any other PDF's on the cic.gc.ca site or any other site.

Must I have the very latest form? I intend to send do the formal submission in June 2016. Or how do I get the latest version?
It's a common problem. Despite you having the latest Adobe reader, it isn't recognised; you just need to uninstall the Adobe Reader version you have and reinstall and the file will open.