Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

cant find information, help please

cant find information, help please

Old Jan 3rd 2010, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

McLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really nice
Default cant find information, help please

Hi,
ive been trawling the CIC website to find out about applying if i have a job offer, i need to know everything from the start regarding the job offer route, what proof of experience i need, who can offer me a job etc etc, and i cannot find any of this on the site, please can someone point us in the correct direction i feel like i am chasing my tail.
much appreciated
mcleans
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 7:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cant find information, help please

Originally Posted by McLeans
Hi,
ive been trawling the CIC website to find out about applying if i have a job offer, i need to know everything from the start regarding the job offer route, what proof of experience i need, who can offer me a job etc etc, and i cannot find any of this on the site, please can someone point us in the correct direction i feel like i am chasing my tail.
much appreciated
mcleans
What visa route are you talking about? PNP or Skilled Worker?

If PNP, then you need to look at the province's own website which will give you the info you need (it varies depending on province).

If SW, then you need to first find a job offer (can be any job as long as it's Skill Level A, O or B on NOC Matrix), then your potential employer has to apply for a LMO or AEO. Once you've got that, you can apply as a SW - assuming of course you meet the criteria i.e. minimum points, pass the medical etc. The proof of experience you'll need is whatever you need to get the job, plus the usual proof for the SW visa (i.e. references from previous employers, copy of employment contracts, etc, to prove your years of experience). Plus depending on the job, you may need to get equivalency in Canada or sit exams to work there, what type of role will it be?

But unless you can find an employer willing to wait 6-12 months for you (most won't), then you'll have to go out on a TWP first which is much quicker.

Details of all of the above are in the Wiki, and you can download the guide from the CIC website for SW applications, but shout with any questions.

Old Jan 3rd 2010, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplace...dcassess.shtml

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/work/index.asp

You won't find any details on which employers can offer you a job - you'll have to discover that yourself.

Last edited by bodgerx; Jan 3rd 2010 at 7:35 pm.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

McLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really niceMcLeans is just really nice

Thankyou so much, thats exactly what ive been looking for,
Thanks again
kelly