Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Can't download a form - please help

Can't download a form - please help

Old Sep 6th 2016, 2:02 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat0103 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can't download a form - please help

Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM� 0008] (PDF,� 495.67� KB)

When I click to open and download this form an error message appears telling me to download the latest version of Adobe, which I have done, and it still does not work. Is there any other way to get this form before I toss the laptop out the window?

Thanks
Old Sep 6th 2016, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can't download a form - please help

Originally Posted by pjm3586
Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM� 0008] (PDF,� 495.67� KB)

When I click to open and download this form an error message appears telling me to download the latest version of Adobe, which I have done, and it still does not work. Is there any other way to get this form before I toss the laptop out the window?

Thanks

If you want, feel free to 'private mail' me your email address and I will email it to you.
Old Sep 6th 2016, 2:21 am
Account Closed

Message sent, many thanks!
Old Sep 6th 2016, 6:55 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

It's a common problem. Despite you having the latest Adobe reader, it isn't recognised; you just need to uninstall the Adobe Reader version you have and reinstall and the file will open. You also need to turn Javascript on.

I'm not sure you can use an email version as it has to be validated.

IMM 0008 form:

Click the “Validate” button at the top or bottom of the form.

Note: Validate the form before printing it. That will help you make sure that you have answered all the questions. This will help you to avoid delays in processing your application.
A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
Print, sign and date the form.
For best results:
print on white, bond-quality, non-glossy paper and
use a laser printer.
Place the barcode page on top of your package. If you have more than one package, place a separate barcode page on each one.

Last edited by Siouxie; Sep 6th 2016 at 6:59 am.
Old Sep 6th 2016, 7:15 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Might also just try using a different browser, I remember having that application ages ago when we applied (2011). Would fail in IE but work fine in Chrome and vice versa.
Old Sep 6th 2016, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

bramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant future

There is a much simpler solution. Open Adobe and then open the file from within there. Providing you have the newest version of Adobe that will work every time.

I had the same problem and was also close to chucking the laptop out of the window as well!
Old Sep 9th 2016, 6:58 am
Account Closed

Thanks everyone
Old Dec 5th 2016, 1:49 am
Just Joined

GillG is an unknown quantity at this point

Help! Really, help because I am just as close to throwing my PC out of the window! I have tried all of the things above - I have Javascript on both Windows Edge AND Chrome, I have uninstalled and reinstalled, still nothing!

I'm not sure how you can open Adobe first without saving a form first, which I can't do, so if anyone has any suggestions before I totally give up, please let me know a.s.a.p.!

Thanks!
Old Dec 5th 2016, 1:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GillG
Help! Really, help because I am just as close to throwing my PC out of the window! I have tried all of the things above - I have Javascript on both Windows Edge AND Chrome, I have uninstalled and reinstalled, still nothing!

I'm not sure how you can open Adobe first without saving a form first, which I can't do, so if anyone has any suggestions before I totally give up, please let me know a.s.a.p.!

Thanks!
Feel free to PM me your email address and I will send you the PDF via email.....
Old Dec 5th 2016, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

bramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by GillG

Thanks!
Open the Adobe shortcut on your desktop and you can then open the file you need from within there.