can't change address online

Old May 1st 2012, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: can't change address online

Originally Posted by james.mc
Processing a change of address request is not exactly rocket science on the part of CIC though is it? I just don't get why they have such a problem acting upon such a simple request. They insist we keep them up to date with contact information changes and yet they don't respond in kind.
The letter they sent us told us to keep them informed of changes of address.... which they sent to the last but one address after confirming they'd updated the file to our new address. If you follow me.
Old May 1st 2012, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Hawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond repute

A friendly warning to all - if your application has gone to the local visa office (London, Buffalo etc) then you will need to inform them separately. CIC di not forward change of address - it is the applicant's responsibility.

When I changed address, it took about 3 phone calls to make the change (I was living in Canada an so could ring the call centre).
Old May 1st 2012, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Hawkmoon77
A friendly warning to all - if your application has gone to the local visa office (London, Buffalo etc) then you will need to inform them separately. CIC di not forward change of address - it is the applicant's responsibility.

When I changed address, it took about 3 phone calls to make the change (I was living in Canada an so could ring the call centre).
It was London we informed - by both special delivery mail and email.
Old May 1st 2012, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Hawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond reputeHawkmoon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaye5
It was London we informed - by both special delivery mail and email.
ah...in that case do not expect ecas to update. Once passed to local vo, the 2 databases are maintained independently. London is the one you need to be concerned about from now on.

Good luck
Old May 1st 2012, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Hawkmoon77
ah...in that case do not expect ecas to update. Once passed to local vo, the 2 databases are maintained independently. London is the one you need to be concerned about from now on.

Good luck
It's not ECAS we're worried about - that is (more or less) right. It is London who are sending things to the last but one address, and London who confirmed they had, in fact changed it.

Hence the concern.
Old May 1st 2012, 3:41 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Was the envelope your letter came in addressed with a printed label? If so they neglected to print new labels when you advised them of your change of address. My guess anyway!
Old May 1st 2012, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Was the envelope your letter came in addressed with a printed label? If so they neglected to print new labels when you advised them of your change of address. My guess anyway!
Hi Jim

Nope - handwritten!

I figured someone has just literally copied it off the first page of the IMM0008 and not checked the front of the file (or wherever they update the new address).

We've sent another case specific email - here's hoping...